Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
undey

Will Forest be like us if they don't go up?

They're splashing the cash around over at the sh*tty ground. 2.5m for Kelvin Wilson confirmed today, very much like our summer with Sven a couple of years ago. Are they banking on promotion this season? If they don't go up will they be in our current situation next summer, trying to balance the books?

I can't get my head around Forest. How the **** can they possibly be within the parameters of FFP? To fly in the face of the new rules surely risks considerable punishment or else why aren't we all doing it?

With Wigan and QPR looking so strong, legitimately (don't get me started on parachute payments) surely this is a woeful season to go banzai?

I can't get my head around Forest. How the **** can they possibly be within the parameters of FFP? To fly in the face of the new rules surely risks considerable punishment or else why aren't we all doing it?

I was thinking the same. Could name a few more clubs as well..

We cannot afford to spend money and gamble with promotion our wage bill is so high as it is!, with F****t they haven't spent much in wages I imagine so can afford to do so but it is a gamble on there part because they have to get promotion this season otherwise they face the punishment that FFP brings.

we'll be much stronger financial position next summer, a lot of our high earners contracts come up so we'd have more room to manoeuvre in the transfer market, assuming the likes of Kasper, Wes & Nuge wait until the summer before negotiating a contract, I expect the likes of Danns & Konch will just be allowed to expire if we don't offload them before hand

Forest lost £12 a couple of years ago, and that was in a season they sold players to help balance the books. Last season they spent a lot and they have again this season.. there is no way on earth those losses are going to go down, only up. So the only way they will beat FFP is to get promoted or to try and cook the books (just announced a "lucrative" sponsorship with their owners company).

Clearly they are betting big on getting promoted, had we not already spunked the best part of £100m up the wall our owners might be doing the same.

Guest MattP

Forest will be in a far stronger position than us to a far lower wage bill but I'm struggling to see how they cam justify this spending.

That's even assuming their owners know what ffp is. Really wouldn't surprise me if some didn't.

2.5million for Wilson though lol

We cannot afford to spend money and gamble with promotion our wage bill is so high as it is!, with F****t they haven't spent much in wages I imagine so can afford to do so but it is a gamble on there part because they have to get promotion this season otherwise they face the punishment that FFP brings.

The remnants of the McClaren era (the likes of Matt Derbyshire and Ishmael Miller) aren't on peanuts, coupled with their summer business thus far, I can't see any manner in which this can feasibly work (unless they've found a loophole in the rules). I think you could argue their wage bill is as large, if not bigger than ours now.

With the (what I assume is true) talk flying about that we're having to cut our losses from around £35 million to just £8 million in accordance with FFP - surely Forest will face a hefty punishment if they fail to go up this season? As Finners has said, this is a terrible year to go at it, too - the relegated sides from the PL look so strong, and the likes of Watford, Bolton and Brighton all look as steady as last season, if not better.

Billy Davies has always portrayed himself as a self-infatuated knobhead, only concerned with himself and this just reinforces that. He'll jump ship at the end of the season if they've not gone up and some poor sod will have to do a Pearson and clean up / cost cut. I know some of our fans have been frustrated with the lack of summer dealings at City but at least we've not got a manager at the helm who is, essentially, gambling with the club's future.

Nottingham Forest

In: Djamel Abdoun (Olympiakos, £1.55m), Jamie Mackie (QPR, £1m), Jamie Paterson (Walsall, Undisclosed), Dorus De Vries (Wolves, Free), Gonzalo Jara Reyes (WBA, Free), Eric Lichaj (Aston Villa, Free), Jack Hobbs (Hull City, Loan), Kelvin Wilson (Celtic, £2.5m)

Out: David McGoldrick (Ipswich, Free), Lewis McGugan (Watford, Free), Matt Regan (Tamworth, Free), Simitar Evtimov (Neaton Town, Loan)..

Released: Adam N'Kusu Landu.

Its very strange how teams appear to be interperating the rules differently it does get me wondering are we spending too careful? Are Forest spending too wrecklessly? Is there other issues we are not aware of?

Its very strange how teams appear to be interperating the rules differently it does get me wondering are we spending too careful? Are Forest spending too wrecklessly? Is there other issues we are not aware of?

5 million aint that much.

The main issue that we're all aware of is that Billy Davies is a haggis munching Taggart turd.

Still don't think it's as crazy as THAT summer.

Beckford, Mills, Fernandes, offering big wages for Danns + Nugent, Konchesky, apparently paying a huge chunk of Micheal Johnsons wages (all of it?), plus a load of other players we'd rarely see e.g Pantsil, Ball

Not teams, Forest. Nobody else other than those with parachute payments are spending like this.

Forests accounting last season was laughable by all accounts, money not arriving, bills not being paid, staff being sacked etc etc. Clearly they are continuing where they left off. It might work for them good luck to them if it does. We might be doing the same had we not already been saddled with £100m in debt.

Apparently (because who can really say what a player earns) our wage structure is middle to low basic wage but big massive **** off add ons if we get promoted. The big wage earners at the club are the ones bought by McClaren that we can't get shot of because nobody will match their wages.

We didn't spend too much last year despite having to acquire an entire defence. Most of those came for free.

You've done it this way, Cardiff have been spending above their means for many years now it's not uncommon for a side to throw a bit of cash about from time to time but if it does go belly up we'll just have to cut our cloth accordingly.

Archived