Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
undey

Will Forest be like us if they don't go up?

Hope Wigan do it. Far better ran club than most of this league. Us and Wigan for top two would be ideal. A nightmare would be Forest and QPR/Watford

Agreed. I really like Wigan. I've said before they are a well run club.

It is when you also have to pay them a wage, made a £12m loss two seasons ago and most probably much more than that last season.

What you're not factoring into things is that we've lost a shed load of players who were out of contract last close season. We fielded 8 players on the first day of training last year, and the wage bill had thus been reduced dramatically.

It's obviously now increased significantly, but to compare a significant re-build to what happened with your club under Sven is miles apart. We've barely spent enough to cover what you paid for Matt Mills this window.

Don't get me wrong, we'll be pushing it, but if we don't go up this season there won't be a panic on.

We're also looking to contacts abroad to increase revenue and the club has already pushed this, so again we're looking to cover FFP .

I'd definitely like to thank you for taking such an interest in our club though. If you want any goods, shirts, or Forest-branded gear check out the official site........

http://www.nffcretail.com/

Thanks again.

PS.......

"2.5million for Wilson though  lol"

A bloke who marked Messi for 2.5m, or Matt Mills for 5m? Hmmmmmm.........

Leicester have been a bit quiet on the transfer front. Is everything alright down at the Walker Bowl?

Regards

Barry

Yes fine thanks we don't need wholesale changes to our team like you Red shite, now jog on back to your Shitty Ground and enjoy competing with Dierby for that illustrious 2nd spot in the East Midlands.

Regards

Leicester City Football Club

Yes fine thanks we don't need wholesale changes to our team like you Red shite, now jog on back to your Shitty Ground and enjoy competing with Dierby for that illustrious 2nd spot in the East Midlands.

Regards

Leicester City Football Club

To say you're called 'Happy Fox', you're not very happy. Thanks for selling Hobbs to Hull by the way. The guy is a tank!

The authorities are completely spineless, see Watford.

Well they bring in a limit on the number of overseas players down but only by 5 and given even we voted for that change the whole vote was probably a waste of time if it was meant to punish us.

Had they wanted to prevent the Pozzos doing what they do some research before accepting their take-over might have been wise...but then their "fit and proper" stuff never seems to work.

.....to talk about Forest :) I could sense my mighty club was being talked about - It's draw is very powerful you know.

Ah, no, you probably wouldn't.

The mighty club that got into the play-offs last year?

Oh, wait.

lol

Is HarryLCFC on these forums? He's gone very quiet after the twitter scandal. Such a shame. He showed promise.

I did already tell you that the account posted wasn't mine. :thumbup:

I've been quiet because I've not felt there's much I could've contributed recently, there's nothing I've wanted to say but now there is.

I dont think our investment over the last 2 years as been frivolous, although you could argue 2.5mill for Wilson is a bit over the odds.  i'd guess that every other players' value has gone up.  lots of free transfers.     The wage bill no doubt will have gone up a lot, but if we could offload a few out of Miller/Blackstock/Moussi/Gillett  then that would help things.

The TV deal with Al Jazeera to show every home game in the Middle East (+the owners shirt sponsorship) will help offset a fair chunk of the losses with regards to FFP.     

all in all, i think it shows great ambition from the Owners without being reckless. 

An interesting topic. To follow up a lot of what has already been said we have put together a decent squad with cover in most positions with an additional spending this summer of only £5M or so far. I think Davies has shown he has an eye for decent players whilst looking after the clubs money. Most of the players we have bought in have been successful at a decent level including championship promotion teams, champions league level football. There is an ambition to at least get top 6 but realistically we will need to fight for automatic and think we will give it a good go in what is going to be a very competitive league. I think Davies is developing a togetherness from the top to the bottom to the fans which we didn't have under our previous tenure. This and the quality of the team will hopefully be enough to really give us a chance of challenging strongly. But I am not going to kid anyone, this is such an unpredictable league.

As regards FFP, we are I hope demonstrating some off field business savvy which will hopefully attract investment particularly from the Arab states. We have some connection via our Algerian players and via Al Rashedi which will hopefully attract investment but this will no doubt take time. When you are not ManUre or Liverpoo getting outside investment in other than your owners is one of the most difficult things to do but we are going to give it a real go.

As for LCFC it seems you are suffering the back lash from the Sven era and his extravagant spending. The one that seems to be mentioned most is the £5M on Matt Mills. What did you think at the time because £2.5M for a proven 27 year old player who has played at CL level seems a snip to me. Really chuffed with Wilson, far superior to Wes when they played together. Wilson was forever digging Wes out of a hole. Still you seem happy with him.   

An interesting topic. To follow up a lot of what has already been said we have put together a decent squad with cover in most positions with an additional spending this summer of only £5M or so far. I think Davies has shown he has an eye for decent players whilst looking after the clubs money. Most of the players we have bought in have been successful at a decent level including championship promotion teams, champions league level football. There is an ambition to at least get top 6 but realistically we will need to fight for automatic and think we will give it a good go in what is going to be a very competitive league. I think Davies is developing a togetherness from the top to the bottom to the fans which we didn't have under our previous tenure. This and the quality of the team will hopefully be enough to really give us a chance of challenging strongly. But I am not going to kid anyone, this is such an unpredictable league.

As regards FFP, we are I hope demonstrating some off field business savvy which will hopefully attract investment particularly from the Arab states. We have some connection via our Algerian players and via Al Rashedi which will hopefully attract investment but this will no doubt take time. When you are not ManUre or Liverpoo getting outside investment in other than your owners is one of the most difficult things to do but we are going to give it a real go.

As for LCFC it seems you are suffering the back lash from the Sven era and his extravagant spending. The one that seems to be mentioned most is the £5M on Matt Mills. What did you think at the time because £2.5M for a proven 27 year old player who has played at CL level seems a snip to me. Really chuffed with Wilson, far superior to Wes when they played together. Wilson was forever digging Wes out of a hole. Still you seem happy with him.   

We had a player who scored the winner against the World Cup Champions when Sven was chucking his money around, means the grand scheme of **** all mate.

Personally I think if your going off squad strength alone QPR and Wigan both have better teams where as when we were chucking money about you could of made a case for out side being the best one in the league on paper. Going off the "unpredictable" tag line you could quite easily end up where we were. You'll see before long it's a team that gets you up in this division, not individuals. Don't fancy you at all for Automatic. Play offs, possibly.

We had a player who scored the winner against the World Cup Champions when Sven was chucking his money around, means the grand scheme of **** all mate.

Personally I think if your going off squad strength alone QPR and Wigan both have better teams where as when we were chucking money about you could of made a case for out side being the best one in the league on paper. Going off the "unpredictable" tag line you could quite easily end up where we were. You'll see before long it's a team that gets you up in this division, not individuals. Don't fancy you at all for Automatic. Play offs, possibly.

QPR "team"? Didn't see any evidence of QPR playing as a team at all last season. Old 'Arry has been slagging off half of his own players as big time Charlie's for months now but admittedly things have calmed down there a bit. Wigan have got a new manager who had a poor record at Bolton so the jury is out on them. But again on paper they have some decent players. As regards team vs squad I think the strength in depth of a squad and not just team is very important as 46 games including frequently playing 2 games a week takes its toll. Very often it can be who you have got to step in and whether you can rest players at key moments so I wouldn't underestimate strength in depth.

A real lottery for anyone to get automatic as anyone can beat anyone else in this league so we will all be fighting for every point throughout the season. The league table will be different to last time and the amount of points accumulated near the top will undoubtedly be higher than last season.

1) Someone might be able to help me here but I'm sure we never actually spent £5 million on Mills. A lot of that price was add-ons that never actually ended up being paid. The quoted price of £5 million and the other prices we supposedly forked out on were all part of the media hype around Sven. Still, we definitely spent more than Forest have currently and I'm sure we were paying bigger wages then they are, if they are sensible that is.

2) When was it they played together? I, like many, was initially doubtful Wes would be a good signing. I had always seen him as a solid centre back at this level who had played a lot of games but was nothing special. Since he's come to us I'd say he has gone up a gear and no one can deny he is an absolute rock at the back. So to try and compare Wilson with Wes in that way isn't really that accurate

.....to talk about Forest :) I could sense my mighty club was being talked about - It's draw is very powerful you know.

Ah, no, you probably wouldn't.

Plenty of clubs fans' have gone on about our finances for the last few years, including a number of times on Forest forums. I can't say I ever felt a need to go and argue with people whose bias was already decided.

A bit like you, now. You've come here on the defensive and a bit of a wind up. I'm sure someone like RedHux would obligingly admit that if you don't get promoted this year then a couple of alarm bells are going to go off.

1) Someone might be able to help me here but I'm sure we never actually spent £5 million on Mills. A lot of that price was add-ons that never actually ended up being paid. The quoted price of £5 million and the other prices we supposedly forked out on were all part of the media hype around Sven.

Correct. I think we paid around £3mill - £3.5 mill for him and the rest was add-ons that were never paid because he was such massive bag of shit.

To be fair to Forest I think they've recruited pretty well and I'd expect them to be in the play-offs but I don't think they have the quality to challenge for auto.

Archived