Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
undey

Will Forest be like us if they don't go up?

Just because we've overspent in previous years and had to rein it in this summer doesn't mean others have to.

Don't really get these threads. We spent tens of millions and we've still not sold anyone since then for big money. I would assume we're still in more trouble financially than practically any other club in the division.

2) When was it they played together? I, like many, was initially doubtful Wes would be a good signing. I had always seen him as a solid centre back at this level who had played a lot of games but was nothing special. Since he's come to us I'd say he has gone up a gear and no one can deny he is an absolute rock at the back. So to try and compare Wilson with Wes in that way isn't really that accurate

Between 2007 and 2011 although he missed 2009/10 as he was broken. Wes and Wilson are two very different animals. Wes, as you know, is a big solid kick it and head it type, whereas Wilson is more mobile, "Rio" type of player. At Forest they complimented each other very well.

PS.......

"2.5million for Wilson though  lol"

A bloke who marked Messi for 2.5m, or Matt Mills for 5m? Hmmmmmm.........

lol  as if that was a marker of quality. He played for celtic, who, thanks to Rangers going up shit creek and then keep going, always end up in the CL. 7 years ago we signed Momo Sylla on a free, someone who was part of the team that knocked Barcelona out of the CL - he was still utter shit.

Look at how he actually played, not one game he played against a top player.

Between 2007 and 2011 although he missed 2009/10 as he was broken. Wes and Wilson are two very different animals. Wes, as you know, is a big solid kick it and head it type, whereas Wilson is more mobile, "Rio" type of player. At Forest they complimented each other very well.

Oh I see. Well I wouldn't brand Wes as wholly a kick and head it type but I get what you mean. We were linked with Wilson earlier in summer and always thought he would be a solid buy. Whether £2.5 million is overpriced or not we can only wait to see...

Be interesting to see if Davies can take you further than the play-offs this time, as long as it's below us

personally, I'm not entirely confident we'll get anything better then playoffs. The teams coming down are too strong and have too much financial clout that without breaking the bank, nobody else in this league can compete with. Besides which, Billy is far too negative with his tactics imo. We tend to get draws where we should have won, that kind of thing.

Kelvin and Hobbs however are, again in my opinion, one of the better cb pairings in the league..so that's nice.

It's obviously now increased significantly, but to compare a significant re-build to what happened with your club under Sven is miles apart. We've barely spent enough to cover what you paid for Matt Mills this window.

Yes we spent more, the point being there were no rules in place then, there are now. So a 5 million spend is huge when your turnover was only 14 million two years ago.

I literally don't understand FFP. I think it's an absolute joke how they can bring this in yet keep parachute payments meaning it's anything but 'fair'.

I just can't get my head around it. I can see Forest not going up, facing possible points deductions etc... but getting away with it. I won't shed a single bit of sympathy either, the vast majority of their fans that I've come across recently are a deluded bunch of idiots 100% ignorant of the financial situation and the implications it could have, simply because of the players they've brought in. At least Coventry acknowledged they were in the shit - I'll have absolutely no sympathy for these, absolutely none at all.

It's not the existence of parachute payments that is ridiculous though. To an extent I see their purpose.

It is that FFP LITERALLY DOES NOT APPLY to Wigan, QPR and Reading. It makes a mockery of the whole thing. Even with the huge parachute payments, QPR would be in breach if the FFP rules by tens of millions of pounds. But it doesn't matter, because it is apparently fair that 3 teams (coincidentally the same amount as get promoted) don't have to play by the same rules as everyone else.

It's not the existence of parachute payments that is ridiculous though. To an extent I see their purpose.

It is that FFP LITERALLY DOES NOT APPLY to Wigan, QPR and Reading. It makes a mockery of the whole thing. Even with the huge parachute payments, QPR would be in breach if the FFP rules by tens of millions of pounds. But it doesn't matter, because it is apparently fair that 3 teams (coincidentally the same amount as get promoted) don't have to play by the same rules as everyone else.

I've always thought parachute payments were a disgrace frankly. They'd have an advantage regardless of FFP.

Archived