Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
undey

Will Forest be like us if they don't go up?

I literally don't understand FFP. I think it's an absolute joke how they can bring this in yet keep parachute payments meaning it's anything but 'fair'.

I just can't get my head around it. I can see Forest not going up, facing possible points deductions etc... but getting away with it. I won't shed a single bit of sympathy either, the vast majority of their fans that I've come across recently are a deluded bunch of idiots 100% ignorant of the financial situation and the implications it could have, simply because of the players they've brought in. At least Coventry acknowledged they were in the shit - I'll have absolutely no sympathy for these, absolutely none at all.

I literally don't understand FFP. I think it's an absolute joke how they can bring this in yet keep parachute payments meaning it's anything but 'fair'.

I just can't get my head around it. I can see Forest not going up, facing possible points deductions etc... but getting away with it. I won't shed a single bit of sympathy either, the vast majority of their fans that I've come across recently are a deluded bunch of idiots 100% ignorant of the financial situation and the implications it could have, simply because of the players they've brought in. At least Coventry acknowledged they were in the shit - I'll have absolutely no sympathy for these, absolutely none at all.

All they will definitely face is a transfer ban, although I think the league reserves the right to make other punishments. I'd imagine a massive flouting of the laws like Forest seem to be doing would result in other sanctions.

All they will definitely face is a transfer ban, although I think the league reserves the right to make other punishments. I'd imagine a massive flouting of the laws like Forest seem to be doing would result in other sanctions.

Forest are literally just ignoring it as if it doesn't exist.

You just know though they'll effectively get away with it. The authorities are completely spineless, see Watford.

Forest lost £12 a couple of years ago, and that was in a season they sold players to help balance the books. Last season they spent a lot and they have again this season.. there is no way on earth those losses are going to go down, only up. So the only way they will beat FFP is to get promoted or to try and cook the books (just announced a "lucrative" sponsorship with their owners company).

Clearly they are betting big on getting promoted, had we not already spunked the best part of £100m up the wall our owners might be doing the same.

Only losing 12 quid was pretty good in my opinion.  :rolleyes:

Nottingham Forest

In: Djamel Abdoun (Olympiakos, £1.55m), Jamie Mackie (QPR, £1m), Jamie Paterson (Walsall, Undisclosed), Dorus De Vries (Wolves, Free), Gonzalo Jara Reyes (WBA, Free), Eric Lichaj (Aston Villa, Free), Jack Hobbs (Hull City, Loan), Kelvin Wilson (Celtic, £2.5m)

Out: David McGoldrick (Ipswich, Free), Lewis McGugan (Watford, Free), Matt Regan (Tamworth, Free), Simitar Evtimov (Neaton Town, Loan)..

Released: Adam N'Kusu Landu.

It's hardly Man City is it?!  lol

I love how everyone knows how much every player in football is earning.

And what about Cox, Collins, Guedioura, Lansbury... not sure I'd class that as "not too much" :D

Roughly that's 2m, 500k, 750k and 1m. Give or take. A fair few quid but not unreasonable. 

I reckon our owners are 'going for it' this year but realistically the best we can hope for is play offs.....and that always goes well for us.

So is King Power as well? sponsoring your kit with your affiliated business is not a way round FFP.

yes it is, all the owners need do is "pay" the club the money in sponsorship and it is then classed as revenue

Lets get this straight! Forest are splashing the cash but are only getting there squad up to scratch and on par with what we already have.  I wouldn't swap Darlow,Hobbs,Lichaj,Abdoun for Schmeichel,Morgan,De laet and Knockeart. 

yes it is, all the owners need do is "pay" the club the money in sponsorship and it is then classed as revenue

There's an independent panel which determines whether the amount received is in line with the current market rate or inflated.

There's an independent panel which determines whether the amount received is in line with the current market rate or inflated.

All so called independent panels are crap and toothless in sport

Archived