Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
red5

Training ground hard work

I saw today one of the training ground set pieces in action,

whenever we had a throwing down the right near the goal area, Moore would take a long throw into the box and we would leave our best header on the pitch(whitbread) back on the halfway line.

I especially liked the one in the 2nd half when our 2nd best header(morgan) ran towards moore as he threw the ball in the box, leaving neither of our best 2 headers of the ball in the box.

This must take a lot of hard work on the training ground, so we have no fvcking chance of winning the ball.

Keep up the good work lads!

ffs this place is going to pot.

yes what we should do everytime we get a throw in. is let one cb take it and chuck the other 2 in the box.

maybe we should just give the opposition a goal.

if not at least get kasper in the mix as well.

ffs this place is going to pot.

yes what we should do everytime we get a throw in. is let one cb take it and chuck the other 2 in the box.

maybe we should just give the opposition a goal.

if not at least get kasper in the mix as well.

Similarly, get Andy King to complement the ref on his excellent back heel, distracting him, while Kasper just chucks in into the net  :scarf:

When you say best header(s), are you using the FIFA figures or Football Manager?

My eyes

The point of this thread died when it was mentioned Whitbread is the best header-er (if that's the right word) in the squad. dominated in the air by their front 2 for the whole game today. 

If you could read I said "Our best on the pitch"

Please say who we had that could head the ball better than Whitbread?

My eyes

If you could read I said "Our best on the pitch"

Please say who we had that could head the ball better than Whitbread?

nearly all of them, i'd suggest kingy, wood, nugent, wes, moore, konchesky can all head a ball better than shitbread, are they all massive and do they win every header, no maybe not, but they all have better technique.

shitbread is just a basic no nonsense defender, but his 50p head means there is no logic to where the ball may end up.

his clearance off the line was the only decent thing he did yesterday.

Thought we were a tad over-reliant on the long throw. It didn't really create an opportunity for us.

And neither did 90 minutes of passing.

They were better than the usual ones where we do a short throw and present it straight to one of their players because we can't control it.

We'll stab a few of them away before the end of the season.

And neither did 90 minutes of passing.

They were better than the usual ones where we do a short throw and present it straight to one of their players because we can't control it.

We'll stab a few of them away before the end of the season.

lol, fair point - I just maybe would have liked to seen a bit of diversity in the decision making rather than continually flogging the long throw.

The throw in crap, which obviously will always happen when Moore plays is just another example of our useless managers grasp of the tactical game.

MOORE-"What's the plan then boss with this long throw of mine?"

CLUELESS-Well just throw it as far as you physically can & fingers crossed one of our bigger lads will win the header & flick it on, thus creating a chance!!!

MOORE-But our record of winning headers in the opposition box when there was no plan but to just hoof it in the box, for example from corners last season was dismal!!!

CLUELESS- I don't get your point???

His throw-ins are like corners where both the centre backs go up and the wing/full backs cover. I thought it was a new useful weapon not quite utilised correctly yet. Four points, one own goal conceded I'm happy with this start. Creative players to integrate once the 352 settles in. Whats the problem?

Archived