Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Bakayogo - our next Tom Kennedy ?

Do people think that there's a chance that Zaoumana Bakayogo could turn into the 'new Tom Kennedy' - a left back from a lower Division, who just never gets a (fair) chance to show what he can do ?  He's been with us 6 weeks or so, hasn't started a game - in a Friendly or competitive match - and is now stuck on the bench.  I realise that he was late to training (but not that late !) and probably needed to get his fitness up - but surely he should be OK now ?

With Konch going and Schlupp a bit 'hit and miss' and (according to reports from the Derby game) showing that he's not a natural defender,there must be a case to give Baka a run out ?  I bet Nige will pick Miquel ahead of him, if he decides to drop Jeff.

I can see Baka staying on the fringe, or being loaned out, for months, if not years - just like Kennedy, who really never got a look-in (ain't he playing for Barnsley now - at the same level as us ?!).

I'm sure many will say that Nige sees him in training and knows what he can do, but there's no substitute to seeing a player in competitive action.  

He didn't have a full pre season because he left his club. I assume he isn't match fit. We do love finding stories where there isn't one.

It's odd as, as I remember it, we had opportunities to give him minutes pre season well before the Monaco game, and didn't bother.

Bakayogo probably isn't starting due to his match fitness and due to the fact we are actually unbeaten without many changes. If we are defensively tight then I don't see why Pearson would change it, even if it is to give the new signing a game. A new LB isn't like a ST. He has to wait a long time for his chance as from LB you can't influence the game in a way a new ST or CM can. He will get a chance, just need to be patient.

Thought NP had said he still wasn't fully match fit as he wasn't with the club until the end of July meaning he missed most of pre-season. I imagine he is about up to fitness now, so I reckon his first appearance will be Carlisle or maybe even at the weekend if he's fit and Konch saga has been sorted.

It's odd as, as I remember it, we had opportunities to give him minutes pre season well before the Monaco game, and didn't bother.

Yep - that's my take on it.  There's been plenty of opportunity to give him a run out with the First Team and Pearson hasn't taken it - why ?!

Nige just loves Jeff Schlupp as a left back.  There's no way Bakayogo will get in ahead of him.  I think BR's right though, if Schupp gets injured or really loses form, Miquel will be in before Baka.

Then why on earth would he have made Bakayogo his one permanent summer signing if he rated two other players in the squad ahead of him? Makes absolutely no sense at all. Knockaert was bedded in slowly last season, and I would assume that Pearson is doing the same with Bakayogo.

Because he can play schlupp from the start at LB/LWB, then shift him up later in the game if he needs to ditch a striker thereby bringing in Bakayogo. I think as he has come from Tranmere, he should be patient..he will get a chance, but will he grab it by the balls when it arrives.

Then why on earth would he have made Bakayogo his one permanent summer signing if he rated two other players in the squad ahead of him? Makes absolutely no sense at all. Knockaert was bedded in slowly last season, and I would assume that Pearson is doing the same with Bakayogo.

Futacs? he isn't ahead of Nugent or Waghorn who Pearson didn't sign

How'd you get match fit without playing matches? Reckon he's a terry Robertson signing or whoever. Gone above Pearsons head (butting thin air). Pearson ain't a happy bunny whatsoever so ain't playing him. Clear bust up in the making. Ambulance drivers seen on morrisons. My mates brothers boyfriends mums sister who works at the royal infirmary said in very hushed tones, his face look like an eel attacked with a hammer. Ain't saying who tho. Clear that someone came out on top.

Archived