Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Bakayogo - our next Tom Kennedy ?

This is such a negative thread to start. Asking people whether to compare him anyone is ridiculous at this stage, lets give him a chance, could take him sometime to fit in.

As someone rightly pointed out Pearson didn't have much time to work with Kennedy and by that point we had Konch who was always going to be best 11. Unlike Kennedy, bakayogo has an amazing opportunity if Konch leaves

Futacs? he isn't ahead of Nugent or Waghorn who Pearson didn't sign

The circumstances are completely different. Futacs was signed as a bit of a punt on a freebie at a time when we were still able to make some decent transfers, Bakayogo has come in when we're trying to make serious cutbacks and every single penny we spend has to count. Why would Pearson waste those wages on a player he has no intention of playing? Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

I expect to see him in the first team before long.

The circumstances are completely different. Futacs was signed as a bit of a punt on a freebie at a time when we were still able to make some decent transfers, Bakayogo has come in when we're trying to make serious cutbacks and every single penny we spend has to count. Why would Pearson waste those wages on a player he has no intention of playing? Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

I expect to see him in the first team before long.

You can sign a player for back up and that is maybe what hes done, I know what you're saying and if Koncheskey does leave then I expect Bakayogo to be our first choice left back

He's been with us 6 weeks or so, hasn't started a game - in a Friendly or competitive match - 

He's been playing friendlies for the Under 21s, so has Marshall. For some reason the club haven't been making public that these games have been going on. We played Matlock for example a couple of weeks ago and won 2-1.

He was carrying an injury after Monday under 21s (see interview with SG on foxes player) BUT didnt look to bad ,had pace and got up and down well,crosses could have been better but the cross for the first goal was superb.Think he is agood back up and a better option than JS!

I don't understand some Leicester fans obsession with finding problems when there isn't problems and why when a player doesn't get picked people automatically assume Pearson has fell out with them. Baka was signed as a replacement for Konchesky as Pearson clearly wanted him off the wage bill. Konchesky's transfer has fallen through now but this doesn't mean Baka won't get a chance. As people have said, he probably isn't fully fit and prob needs a few under 21 games but also when we are winning, why would we change the team??? Plus we are only 4 games into the season, its not like he's been here ages and not had a chance. Leave off Pearson and let him do his job, especially when we are winning!

I saw Kennedy away at palace and he actually looked really good.

Not seen bakayogo yet but my millwall supporting STH mate reckons he's the worst player he's ever seen at millwall. This is the millwall who Danny N'guessan was getting games for.

Sounds promising.

• 1 month later...

Archived