Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Leicestershire colours? Green & Yellow

... I don't understand why we chose blue from our county colours in the first place. Was it just to differ ourselves with the Tigers?

I would be interested to know why we chose blue, considering our first kit was brown and light blue, then we moved to blue and white stripes like Huddersfield but with the blue being royal blue..

I would be interested to know why we chose blue, considering our first kit was brown and light blue, then we moved to blue and white stripes like Huddersfield but with the blue being royal blue..

sure this has been answered on here before. I think a woman chose it.

Here it is:

By late October 1891 Leicester Fosse finally settled at the ground Miss Westland found and it was to become known as Filbert Street. Here the suffix ‘Fosse’ was dropped for the larger appeal of ‘City’ in 1920. The new century has of course seen a new move to the Walker Stadium.

leicestercitytoffs1.jpg?w=150&h=150We do not know whether Miss Westland also played a pivotal role in the choice of the first club colours or not. Blue has always been worn on part of their outfit, but there was no regular pattern. First there was a blue sash on black shirts, followed by chocolate and blue halves. Approaching the turn of the twentieth century, white shirts and blue shorts were tried, as were various combinations of light and dark blue. The famous royal blue version arrived soon after and was there to stay with just one variation in the early Seventies when an all white kit was tried and soon discarded.

What is the bottom right thing???

spicy chicken wings . :thumbup:

Actually it's a maunch , which is a type of sleeve worn by ladies . it represents one of the four powerful families in Leicestershire 

not sure why that would be emblematic though 

I'm not sure if there are any but shouldn't it be about the colours of the town of Leicester as that is where it was/is based.

I thought we used Green and Yellow in the 80's as it was the corporate colours of Ind Coope.

We did however what I was getting was at county level and Holmes park the kits have mainly been green & yellow and also the nets. I assumed that they were our county colours.

Does anyone have any reference to our county colours being Green & Yellow? Any help would be appreciated.

We did however what I was getting was at county level and Holmes park the kits have mainly been green & yellow and also the nets. I assumed that they were our county colours.

Holmes Park is the home of the Leicestreshire & Rutland FA. Rutland's flag is yellow and green, maybe it's a nod to them.

Archived