Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Birmingham Post Match Thread 3-2

This forum will be such a paradise for at least another seven days.

So relaxing for a change...

Thank you, Nigel Pearson - thank you, Leicester City FC!

But why didn't we start playing so well earlier? Seventy minutes of huffing and puffing and then the knot came loose...

I'll settle for 2nd for now. Great result.

Everyone was quite desperate for us to move away from 4-4-2. Today maybe showed that its our best attacking option??

Looks like when we actually turn it up properly we're a very very strong side. Could have easily let our heads drop today but we didn't, and the grind we seem to be putting in has been missing so much in the last few years. Positivity and consistency is key, and I hope we go to Carlisle and absolutely spank them. 

Birmingham fan perspective here:

Obviously disappointed. To have 53% possession in the first half, to be leading for 75 mins, missing two or three sitters to extend our lead before the Leicester equaliser. All smarts.

Then when you factor in that a phantom penalty has been the difference between the sides, and the ref has buckled under screeching abuse from the terraces. It's a hard pill to swallow.

I thought for a bunch of players deemed not good enough by Oldham and Oxford they committed themselves well against one of the most expensively assembled teams not just in this division, but in all the divisions.

Hey ho, it's going to be a long season, but when we get bought out by the super billionaires we'll start to rebuild and start again.

Wish Leicester all the best, with some more millions injected in January, and some more juicey ref decisions, who would bet against them going up automatic

God bless and KRO!

Obviously disappointed. To have 53% possession in the first half, to be leading for 75 mins, missing two or three sitters to extend our lead before the Leicester equaliser. All smarts.

Then when you factor in that a phantom penalty has been the difference between the sides, and the ref has buckled under screeching abuse from the terraces. It's a hard pill to swallow.

I thought for a bunch of players deemed not good enough by Oldham and Oxford they committed themselves well against one of the most expensively assembled teams not just in this division, but in all the divisions.

Hey ho, it's going to be a long season, but when we get bought out by the super billionaires we'll start to rebuild and start again.

Wish Leicester all the best, with some more millions injected in January, and some more juicey ref decisions, who would bet against them going up automatic

God bless and KRO!

So so so bitter, check how much we have spent this summer!

God bless and KRO!

You're clueless.

God bless and KRO!

Chances from Birmingham?

Couldv'e been 4 or 5 past your keeper. Dominant win, not showed by the scoreline, against a poor side who will be fighting relegation this season.

As for 'expensively assembled'.

3 youth players, 2 free transfers, and 6 players signed for £1 million a piece.

Zigic is probably on more a week than almost all of our first 11.

I might be alone on this but I really don't think we were as bad as people are making out. We were unlucky to be losing at all. It's when Birmingham had their only decent spell though that we actually scored!

Funny old game. Superb finishing for the first 2 though. Vardy deserves a decent song.

God bless and KRO!

I don't understand?

Our net spending the summer before last was negligible.... & this summer we've signed one out of contract Tranmere player for free... and an Arsenal U21 on loan

Perhaps people keep thinking of what is now 3 summers ago - on a team of misfits, some of whom who we've had to pay off to leave... and some of those that remain are preventing us strengthening are rather thin squad.

Archived