Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Birmingham Post Match Thread 3-2

Birmingham fan perspective here:

Obviously disappointed. To have 53% possession in the first half, to be leading for 75 mins, missing two or three sitters to extend our lead before the Leicester equaliser. All smarts.

Then when you factor in that a phantom penalty has been the difference between the sides, and the ref has buckled under screeching abuse from the terraces. It's a hard pill to swallow.

I thought for a bunch of players deemed not good enough by Oldham and Oxford they committed themselves well against one of the most expensively assembled teams not just in this division, but in all the divisions.

Hey ho, it's going to be a long season, but when we get bought out by the super billionaires we'll start to rebuild and start again.

Wish Leicester all the best, with some more millions injected in January, and some more juicey ref decisions, who would bet against them going up automatic

God bless and KRO!

lol

Obviously disappointed. To have 53% possession in the first half, to be leading for 75 mins, missing two or three sitters to extend our lead before the Leicester equaliser. All smarts.

Then when you factor in that a phantom penalty has been the difference between the sides, and the ref has buckled under screeching abuse from the terraces. It's a hard pill to swallow.

I thought for a bunch of players deemed not good enough by Oldham and Oxford they committed themselves well against one of the most expensively assembled teams not just in this division, but in all the divisions.

Hey ho, it's going to be a long season, but when we get bought out by the super billionaires we'll start to rebuild and start again.

Wish Leicester all the best, with some more millions injected in January, and some more juicey ref decisions, who would bet against them going up automatic

God bless and KRO!

lol lol lol

I remember you from last season. If its anything like last year you'll still be here in 3 days time.

God bless and KRO!

Jesus. This isn't even subtle.

God bless and KRO!

Sour grapes? We have signed one first team player this season you thick brummie tw*t.. Look forward to beating you at St. Andrews and hearing more excuses

Personally I thought Zigic was totally anonymous this afternoon

Oh...didn't realise he was on a pay to play contract.

wait.....he isn't.

He is on 50k a week, more than almost the whole of our starting 11.

I'd move to Birmingham for GBP75,000 a week!!

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1485884/birmingham-pay-zigic-L4-million-next-year?cc=3888

Cash-strapped Birmingham City, who are having to sell their prized assets, will be forced to pay striker Nikola Zigic almost £4 million next year, a source has told ESPN.

Zigic, 32, has a back-loaded contract with the Championship club that contains an automatic pay rise every season. The source said his wages would go up to £75,000 a week for the final year of his deal.

Birmingham have accepted that they cannot sell Zigic, a £6 million signing from Valencia in 2010, because no one else would be willing to pay his salary. The Serbia international has always insisted he is happy to stay in the Midlands.

I thought when Birmingham were killing the game in the second half that it just wasn't going to be our day, but credit to the players for that effort. IMO we were well worth the three points today. That's twice we've come from behind to win a game, and add in the fact that we won at Derby without being at our best and I think we can be very pleased with the start we've made!

God bless and KRO!

A lot of incorrect statements in there mate. I know it isn't nice to lose but don't expect sympathy when you make up stuff like that.

If you wanted the rules of the game to be correctly applied we'd still have had a penalty.

Bizarre game!

I'm happy Nige did what I said he should do and go 4-4-2 :whistle:

Anyone who feels that Lloyd Dyer has no future at the club, think again please.... His introduction basically turned the game. Finally, we had width, pace AND his final ball today was spot on.

Vardy continues to impress, Moore looks like cementing his place and Schlupp is the left back for the future I think.

On the negative side (see how balanced I am!), I have no idea why we persisted with the Moore long throw into the box thing. Every one was gobbled up by Byrne who must be 6"7' I guess.

Wood looked dreadful and I maintain we look a better side without him in it.

For the life of me, after about 60 mins I couldn't see us scoring, then it all gelled. Funny old game.

For me, 4-4-2 at home, 5-3-2 away is the way to go. As i said a couple of weeks ago.

I thought when Birmingham were killing the game in the second half that it just wasn't going to be our day, but credit to the players for that effort. IMO we were well worth the three points today. That's twice we've come from behind to win a game, and add in the fact that we won at Derby without being at our best and I think we can be very pleased with the start we've made!

Same here but I also think Brum helped us a wee bit by going so defensive and dropping really deep. They were holding on but probably made life even more difficult for themselves by sitting back.

Birmingham have got to be one of the most negative sides we've played in recent years. Expected I suppose once they got their goal but their shape was essentially an 8-1-1 for the majority of the match. We did well to persist and break it down, even if we appeared to be struggling with their compactness at times.

Just come home, now sat chilling with some ready to eat sausages. 

Up until Vardy's goal that was one of the most frustrating games I have ever sat through. We had no urgency going, we was passing it around well in midfield, but when push comes to shove we couldn't do anything with it. Then all of a sudden after Vardy's goal we woke up, and got playing as a team.

First half we kept on trying, but all the balls coming into the box were getting cleared by Burn, who defended the air so well today. Wood and Nugent were shocking first half, Drinkwater had a poor game, as did De Laet who was the weak link.

On a positive note, even before Vardy's goal. I thought Schlupp was absolutely excellent, today proved why you need pace at left-back he was excellent going forward, and defensively he wasn't too bad either, thought Matty James looked back to his good old self. Winning balls in midfield, and passing well, while Vardy has improved so much, his tenacity off the ball is second to none, he was making great runs all afternoon, and deserved his goal, which was in all fairness a great finish. Oh and today proved, that Lloyd Dyer can still bring something to the team.

There's still room for improvement, and some areas need addressing, but we are unbeaten and second in the league, and you can't go wrong with that.

Birmingham have got to be one of the most negative sides we've played in recent years. Expected I suppose once they got their goal but their shape was essentially an 8-1-1 for the majority of the match. We did well to persist and break it down, even if we appeared to be struggling with their compactness at times.

almost as bad as derby in the year we came back up from league 1 with their 10-0-0 formation.

Bizarre game!

I'm happy Nige did what I said he should do and go 4-4-2 :whistle:

Anyone who feels that Lloyd Dyer has no future at the club, think again please.... His introduction basically turned the game. Finally, we had width, pace AND his final ball today was spot on.

Vardy continues to impress, Moore looks like cementing his place and Schlupp is the left back for the future I think.

On the negative side (see how balanced I am!), I have no idea why we persisted with the Moore long throw into the box thing. Every one was gobbled up by Byrne who must be 6"7' I guess.

Wood looked dreadful and I maintain we look a better side without him in it.

For the life of me, after about 60 mins I couldn't see us scoring, then it all gelled. Funny old game.

For me, 4-4-2 at home, 5-3-2 away is the way to go. As i said a couple of weeks ago.

Completely agree, think we only won one header from his throws. Same at Derby last week too

Delighted with that result.

For so long it looked as if we would be frustrated, as much by our own decision making as Birmingham. But that made it all the more satisfying to bang in those 3 late on.

I thought the atmosphere from both sets of fans was very good, some of ours were harsh to boo at half time when we hadn't beeen bad in the previous 45 minutes.

Credit to Nigel, he did make positive subs at half time and all in all I think our pressure deserved 3 points. We were annoying at times; wasteful in the final 3rd and lost focus too often, but we played some good stuff and there were some encouraging performances. Birmingham were porr though it has to be said.

I think Moore was once again arguably man of the match, but it also has to be contested between James and Vardy. Schlupp put in a much better shift as well.

I wasn't sorry to see Drinkwater go off, I'm not really sure what people see in him, he's a poor man's Wellens and he got no end of stick. Nugent was lacklustre again for most of it, Wood hit and miss. The rest were decent enough without necessarily standing out.

Archived