Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Arctic Monkeys - AM

Getting it on Monday when it comes out. Just pop into Tesco or something, they should have it.

I've got 'Do I Wanna Know' already as a single, but not heard the rest of the album. Hope it is as good as their previous ones. Going to see them live next month for the first time as well, excited about that.

Getting it on Monday when it comes out. Just pop into Tesco or something, they should have it.

I've got 'Do I Wanna Know' already as a single, but not heard the rest of the album. Hope it is as good as their previous ones. Going to see them live next month for the first time as well, excited about that.

Went to see them live when they were touring the "Suck it & See" album. Very good live. You will enjoy it!

• Like 1

Stop The World I Wanna Get Off With You is the best bloody b-side I've ever heard.

Love the new album, massive improvement on the previous two albums. Can't wait to see them and Babyshambles in October.

Their last two albums were their best, for me. Rarely listen to the first two by comparison now.

Went off Arctic Monkeys dramatically after Favourite Worst Nightmare, I bought Humbug, probably listened to it once, if that, it was awful imo, rubbish, normally i'll give things a few listens and they'll grow on me, but Humbug for me was a non-started.

Ignored them every since, tbh until looking literally now I didn't realise they'd released an album after Humbug, not sure I can recall and songs really.

However the last couple of days I have one or two songs from this new album and i'm impressed, might have to give it a listen!

Loved Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not and liked Favourite Worst Nightmare though, hopefully AM will be the same!

Edited by Matt

Went off Arctic Monkeys dramatically after Favourite Worst Nightmare, I bought Humbug, probably listened to it once, if that, it was awful imo, rubbish, normally i'll give things a few listens and they'll grow on me, but Humbug for me was a non-started.

Ignored them every since, tbh until looking literally now I didn't realise they'd released an album after Humbug, not sure I can recall and songs really.

However the last couple of days I have one or two songs from this new album and i'm impressed, might have to give it a listen!

Loved Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not and liked Favourite Worst Nightmare though, hopefully AM will be the same!

I'm not a massive fan of Humbug, I do like a few of their tracks off it but not too many. Suck it & see is worth a listen however.

As for the new album - I listen to it all the way through last night. I must admit after the first listen I thought it was ok. Second time round it got better and after about

6 or 7 listens it's still getting better and better. The sounds it totally diferent again, which is what impresses me most about them but with Alex Turners clever and witty lyrics, it still sounds like traditional Arctic Monkeys tracks (if that makes sense).

I'm not a massive fan of Humbug, I do like a few of their tracks off it but not too many. Suck it & see is worth a listen however.

As for the new album - I listen to it all the way through last night. I must admit after the first listen I thought it was ok. Second time round it got better and after about

6 or 7 listens it's still getting better and better. The sounds it totally diferent again, which is what impresses me most about them but with Alex Turners clever and witty lyrics, it still sounds like traditional Arctic Monkeys tracks (if that makes sense).

Agreed, a definite grower. Knee Socks is one of my favourite tracks at the minute. Out of all their albums, I'd say Humbug is my least favourite, but Suck It & See is great IMO. Going from strength to strength at the minute.

Have been looking forward to it based on the singles but after a couple of listens i'm feeling pretty uninspired. Quite a lot of dross in there. Can't understand why Stop The World I Wanna Get Off With You didn't make it in while bland tracks like I Want It All and Fireside did.

Edited by MooseBreath

Brought AM this morning. Yeah, it's alright, I do like 'Fireside'. I wasn't a massive fan of 'Suck it and see' anyway so was always looking forward to today... As always though, I'll warm to it with the more I play it.

Edited by Fox92