Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Meltonfossefox

Toughest city players

Ali "scrappy doo" Mauchlen. Whenever there was a ruck he'd be there taking on guys twice his size, usually as a minder for his mate Gary Mac whose nimble footwork was too much for the cloggers. Also remember against a long haired guy, either Van Der Laan or Jalink he was squaring up to him but just pulled his hair to the amusement of the crowd.

Those hardest men in football shows / features that include Vinny Jones and not Walshy are taking the piss. I remember a 50-50 loose ball with Walsh and Jones both steaming in, fathers covered their childrens eyes, the red cross prepared stretchers (more than two!) and the ref took the lid off his pen but they met the ball at exactly the same time, a hollow echo reverberated around filbert street and of the two sprawled out bodies it was Walshy who rose first and pointed down at Jones then shook a fist at him and shouted something either taking the piss out of him or a "That's for so and so" or accusing him of leaving a foot in, whatever it was Jones just sat up looking shell shocked "what, why me, what have I done?"

For shocking tackles Tiatto and Ramsey and for persistant fouling Coatsworth (like Carvalho I don't know how he ever got through 90 minutes without accumulating two yellows).

Finally for general scariness Young. I narrowly escaped one of his rages myself, I was at the Nottingham bowling alley as a teenager, I'd put money into a pool table and set the balls up when a younger kid picks up the black and drops it down a pocket. Me and my mate went over to ahem have a word as he backed away from us when round the corner comes Alan Young now at Notts County snarling "wussupayeejimmy" or something. Presume he was the father but we didn't stick around long enough to ask! We made Bolt look pedestrian!

90s - Paul Ramsey - remember watching him run half the pitch to punch somebody in the face for fouling joachim. 

Jamie Lawrence in the "harder than he looks" category, forcing julian dicks to switch sides at half time after putting him on his arse on the concrete surrounding the pitch.

Also - having been to a leicester legends night and seeing Gerry Taggart outside of playing, although he is a decent man, there is no doubt he just exudes pure aggression.

And for the "who would you want with you in the trenches, you cant leave out walshy, or elliott

Most antagonistic - and also ****ing 'ard - has to be mickey galloway for getting duncan ferguson and vinne samways sent off in the same match - classic

Sadly Chalmers broke his leg in the cup final no subs.

Crossy is not a huge guy but when you are 12 years old he looked it.

Would agree with Dougan and bumped into Matt Elliot last week he was buying flowers in M and S believe it or not.

Just looks as though he wants to fight.

Anyone remember Andy Feeley ? Always thought there was something slightly deranged about him. Good attribute for a defender .... and a bar-fighter !

Yes one of the first names that popped into my head when I saw this thread, would have thrown himself in front of an express train for the team.

Archived