Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

Blackburn Rovers (H) Pre-match

Yes mate. He was really good against Wigan.

As I said above though, I'd play what I think is the best team. And James would be in it.

Fair enoughh. I agree that overall James has been the better player for us, especially the latter part of last season, this season however he's looked unfit and not match sharp so unless he's regained some fitness I'd keep Drinkwater in personally.

NP seems to be full of surprises this season though so fook knows who he'll play lol

Lest we forget that Matty James hasn't been that good so far this season, due to niggly injuries. The Matty James from the latter part of lasts eason was probably our best player but right now he's not quite at that level. The Danny Drinkwater from the start of last season and the start of this season is producing a lot of quality and therefore he should be in the team right now. Merit and current form should be the chosen method right now.

Lest we forget that Matty James hasn't been that good so far this season, due to niggly injuries. The Matty James from the latter part of lasts eason was probably our best player but right now he's not quite at that level. The Danny Drinkwater from the start of last season and the start of this season is producing a lot of quality and therefore he should be in the team right now. Merit and current form should be the chosen method right now.

Fair enough mate. Personally, I'd always go with the best eleven. That's not to knock Drinkwater. Far from it. The player we've seen at the start of this season is like the player we saw early on last season. But I think James (if fit) is better overall.

I've noticed a pattern in the last few seasons for leicester's league midweek games in september in the last five years! So it's going to be a draw tonight!

2012/13:  Burnley WIN 2-1

2011/12:  Middlesbrough DREW 0-0

2010/11:  Cardiff City WIN 2-1

2009/10:  Peterborough United DREW 1-1

2008/09:  Colchester United WIN 1-0

By rights, after Nugent's performance on Saturday he should be benched and perhaps would be in a more competitive squad but we can't really do that as he is the proven source of goals in this side even on a bad day.

I might be tempted to start him with Wood against Blackburn though just because of their defence and give Vardy a run out for 30 mins in the second half using his pace when we have worn them down a bit. It would be a bit unfair on the lad though considering his recent form.

I often think that we only really look great with real pace in the midfield and that means Knocky and Dyer need to play and perform - which is a bit like sleeping in your car on the hard shoulder of the M1, mostly it's okay but sometimes it's really not at all.

For me, no debate, has to be the same team.

If Pearson makes even one change and we dont win, he'll get slaughtered!!!

But this is were Pearson just can't win with some people

If he makes a couple fo changes and we don't win it'll be his fault for changing a winning team

If he doesn't change it and we don't win, he'll be tactically naive and have no plan B

The joys of being a football manager

But this is were Pearson just can't win with some people

If he makes a couple fo changes and we don't win it'll be his fault for changing a winning team

If he doesn't change it and we don't win, he'll be tactically naive and have no plan B

The joys of being a football manager

I totally agree with you. I feel for him.

To his credit, he's tried 3/4 different formations this season to not make us so predictable yet gets blasted when one doesnt work.....

To his credit, he's tried 3/4 different formations this season to not make us so predictable yet gets blasted when one doesnt work.....

Even if we win he gets blasted. Brum at home and Derby away the two main examples.

For me tonight the message should be simple. If you can get it to Vardy, get it to him. He looks dangerous every time he gets it. In defence, they look weak. I'd love to see a 4-3-3 with Wood, Nuge and Vardy all starting with the midfield 3 of Drinky and Hammond sitting and Knocky all over the place.

Reckon it'll be a 4-4-2 though unchanged from Saturday.

Even if we win he gets blasted. Brum at home and Derby away the two main examples.

For me tonight the message should be simple. If you can get it to Vardy, get it to him. He looks dangerous every time he gets it. In defence, they look weak. I'd love to see a 4-3-3 with Wood, Nuge and Vardy all starting with the midfield 3 of Drinky and Hammond sitting and Knocky all over the place.

Reckon it'll be a 4-4-2 though unchanged from Saturday.

You cant drop King.... been our best midfielder so far

I've noticed a pattern in the last few seasons for leicester's league midweek games in september in the last five years! So it's going to be a draw tonight!

2012/13:  Burnley WIN 2-1

2011/12:  Middlesbrough DREW 0-0

2010/11:  Cardiff City WIN 2-1

2009/10:  Peterborough United DREW 1-1

2008/09:  Colchester United WIN 1-0

I often notice some bizarre patterns, but this is on another level lol

433 and 532 have both been dreadful though. We've won games after switching back to 442. By far our best performance of the season on Saturday was also the first time we've started with 442. It's impossible not to reach the conclusion that 442 is by far our best formation and we should be playing it all the time. Playing anything else at the moment is like intentionally weakening the team. Anyone suggesting anything but a 442 in here should stop posting because they are an idiot.

433 and 532 have both been dreadful though. We've won games after switching back to 442. By far our best performance of the season on Saturday was also the first time we've started with 442. It's impossible not to reach the conclusion that 442 is by far our best formation and we should be playing it all the time. Playing anything else at the moment is like intentionally weakening the team. Anyone suggesting anything but a 442 in here should stop posting because they are an idiot.

I kind of agree, but it's also not that simple. 

I think it's about the opposition - when they'll come and set up to defend then I think 4-3-3 or 5-3-2 is maybe better, because our midfield doesn't get overran. 

If they'll come and try and play football, thus giving us space to use, then 4-4-2 is better.

We did the former against Birmingham and the latter against Wigan and both worked. And yes I know we switched to 4-4-2 for the 2nd half against Birmingham and looked better, but there was a period from aroung 60-75 mins when birmingham totally dominated possession and that was because King and James alone in the middle weren't up to it. 

I think it's about the opposition - when they'll come and set up to defend then I think 4-3-3 or 5-3-2 is maybe better, because our midfield doesn't get overran. 

If they'll come and try and play football, thus giving us space to use, then 4-4-2 is better.

We did the former against Birmingham and the latter against Wigan and both worked. And yes I know we switched to 4-4-2 for the 2nd half against Birmingham and looked better, but there was a period from aroung 60-75 mins when birmingham totally dominated possession and that was because King and James alone in the middle weren't up to it. 

You are bang on. When teams come and think they can beat us, it gives us more space on the pitch in attacking areas and 4-4-2 works. We've had plenty of teams that come to us though and think a point is a good result here and they set up to not be beat and pack the midfield. That's when the 3-5-2 and the 4-3-3 come in to play for me.

I have no problem with the idea of tactical flexibility but I'm not sure we have the players or management to make it work. We shouldn't try to be too clever. We know we can play well enough to beat anyone in this league playing 442 so I think we should concentrate on getting a consistent level of performance using that. It won't work every time of course but at this stage if the season we shouldn't be playing for draws. Play your best attacking formation and get out there to beat everyone home or away.

I totally agree and i've already made a post prior to that saying he should play the same team/formation tonight.

My point was the fact he got called a one trick pony last season and too predictable so at least he's tried something else and we do have other options. We did manage to record back to back away wins at Boro and Derby with 3-5-2 and 4-3-3 respectively so you cant say they dont work

Archived