Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Morals

Surely if this was true though they'd be able to find a happy medium with ticket prices (in case much cheaper tickets didn't bring in another 10k fans for one particular game but still make a profit) and just cut ticket prices down across all areas?

I've changed my tune on the STH stance where you should always get the best price per game. I'd certainly not complain if they made our next game £5 per ticket across the stadium and it got filled.

The trouble is, one off games don't work as people have plans at weekends. They need to commit for a whole season to get football back on peoples calendar. Give free tickets away to schools etc, fill the ground for a couple of seasons then slowly edge up the prices. They are frightened of having to lower season ticket prices, the bread and butter but its better for everyone if the ground is full.

The club are happy to rip off fans and have been for years. They couldn't care less about us so why anyone would feel guilty about getting in for cheaper I have no idea.

If they're going to give the impression that they don't need us (and they probably don't with all the TV money these days) then they don't need that fiver....or 15 quid.

People could just decide not to go at all instead. Certainly I'm not going to pay full price so they can either have £15 or have nothing. Take it or leave it.

miserable, miserable little man.

I had my haircut the other day and the  lady barber assumed i was an OAP and charged me a fiver instead of  £8:50 .

I dint say owt but that's only because i was insulted to be thought of as an OAP so i kept the cash as compensation for hurt feelings

Should i continue going to the same barber and abusing my position as a premature old git ?( i'm going to whatever you lot say)

Does this make me a bad immoral person ?

I had my haircut the other day and the lady barber assumed i was an OAP and charged me a fiver instead of £8:50 .

I dint say owt but that's only because i was insulted to be thought of as an OAP so i kept the cash as compensation for hurt feelings

Should i continue going to the same barber and abusing my position as a premature old git ?( i'm going to whatever you lot say)

Does this make me a bad immoral person ?

That's disgusting!!

£5 for oaps, no wonder they all go bald.

Ghandi said "For every 100 men that believes in honesty, there is one man than practises it". If you feel that your honesty is work saving £5, then go ahead. However, if you believes honesty is important, you should pay the right price for your age.

Ghandi said "For every 100 men that believes in honesty, there is one man than practises it". If you feel that your honesty is work saving £5, then go ahead. However, if you believes honesty is important, you should pay the right price for your age.

My money is more important.

Ghandi also believed you should stand up for your beliefs and not just give in to authority. He didn't believe in being pushed around by the man and neither do I.

And while we're at it, I bet Shankly would be turning in his grave at the prices fans are charged now.

Then again, Ghandi and Shankly are both dead so they're hardly relevant to the issue at hand.

Cant blame someone saving £5, if the ground was full it would be different but a bit of something is better than a lot of nothing. An extra few thousand fans on the gate can make a hell of a difference to the atmosphere. Think a rethink of ticket prices may be benefcial to the club, times are tight and some fans sacrifice  a hell of a lot of their disposable income following the team 

A couple of seasons ago, I went to buy tickets for a game at the ticket office. It was for me, I was 18 at the time, and my two mates who were both 17. I asked for 3 under 18 tickets, she then took my details and as I had bought through them before they had my date of birth, she then asked for my two mates (who weren't registered) but she then said they were and that they were both also over 18 even though they weren't. She then refused to serve me unless I could provide proof that my friends were 17. Eventually we sorted it over the phone a few days later but they're properly tight with that sort of thing.

£20 per ticket and a 20'000 crowd is more cash than £10 a ticket and 32,000 fans.  The club I presume has done some work around what the right price is in terms of maximising revenue.

I think Derby experimented with dynamic pricing - a bit like when you book flights / train tickets with the pricing dependent on when you book.

I'd love to actually know some of the 'science' behind the ticket pricing

I bet there's much less than we'd hope there would be!!!!

I've done this with my lads, but last time I was there they actually pulled us over and checked our tickets and asked birthday dates. Not a problem as we'd been honest that time, but I think there are coloured lights on the inside of the turnstile which indecates cheaper tickets, so be warned.

I've been pulled over because of the lights before. Went in with my two boys and I must have used one of their tickets and one of the boys mine, the steward just quickly checked to see if there was an adult ticket amongst the three.

Ticket prices won't come down while wages are so high. Football clubs are stuck between a rock and a hard place. On one side fans demanding success and big money/name signings yet they want cheap tickets, then on the other side you've got players and there agents demanding high wages otherwise they're off or will join someone else who will pay the wage.

Ghandi also believed you should stand up for your beliefs and not just give in to authority. He didn't believe in being pushed around by the man and neither do I.

And while we're at it, I bet Shankly would be turning in his grave at the prices fans are charged now.

Then again, Ghandi and Shankly are both dead so they're hardly relevant to the issue at hand.

Ghandi would be spinning at the thought that his beliefs were being used as an excuse to save a fiver at football.

You're not fighting the man by ripping your own football club off.

Ghandi would be spinning at the thought that his beliefs were being used as an excuse to save a fiver at football.

You're not fighting the man by ripping your own football club off.

I'm not using it as an excuse, that's my point!

Bringing Ghandi into the argument was pointless. The man has been dead for many years, I don't remember him having any opinions of football ticket prices.

My principles are the only ones that are important. The people who run the club don't deserve my money, if I give it to them it's because it benefits me. They should be grateful if I go at all, I work hard for my money and I know I'm being ripped off.

How much money do those bastards swindle out of the club (and I include the players in that)? They do a shit club and get paid loads for it. And it aint them who care about the team like I do.

Some of you people make me sick, sympathising with the fvcking club lol Embarrassing.

I'm not using it as an excuse, that's my point!

Bringing Ghandi into the argument was pointless. The man has been dead for many years, I don't remember him having any opinions of football ticket prices.

My principles are the only ones that are important. The people who run the club don't deserve my money, if I give it to them it's because it benefits me. They should be grateful if I go at all, I work hard for my money and I know I'm being ripped off.

How much money do those bastards swindle out of the club (and I include the players in that)? They do a shit club and get paid loads for it. And it aint them who care about the team like I do.

Some of you people make me sick, sympathising with the fvcking club lol Embarrassing.

There are no principles involved if you are taking money from the club you claim to love.

It's not a case of sympathising with the club, some of us perhaps find it hypocritical that others can claim to support the club and then not pay what they should.

If enough cheat the club then the prices will go up for all of us.

Still you carry on with your crusade against the man.

Embarrassing

There are no principles involved if you are taking money from the club you claim to love.

It's not a case of sympathising with the club, some of us perhaps find it hypocritical that others can claim to support the club and then not pay what they should.

If enough cheat the club then the prices will go up for all of us.

Still you carry on with your crusade against the man.

Embarrassing

Yes there are principles involved, what are you not getting?

My principles are not to just pay these con artists whatever they want. That's got nowt to do with me loving the club it's about not playing ball with the bastards who are bleeding the club dry. I love the club, that's why I'll chose to go to matches when I could easily go to no games at all and then the 'club' would get no money.

My principles are about fans filling the stadium. They're also about not paying extortionate prices from my pocket. And I'd love it if other fans weren't paying them what they want, because they're dicking you around.

My principles are about self-respect. Obviously they aren't your principles. Your principles are about doing what Susan Whelan and Top tell you.

Yes there are principles involved, what are you not getting?

My principles are not to just pay these con artists whatever they want. That's got nowt to do with me loving the club it's about not playing ball with the bastards who are bleeding the club dry. I love the club, that's why I'll chose to go to matches when I could easily go to no games at all and then the 'club' would get no money.

My principles are about fans filling the stadium. They're also about not paying extortionate prices from my pocket. And I'd love it if other fans weren't paying them what they want, because they're dicking you around.

My principles are about self-respect. Obviously they aren't your principles. Your principles are about doing what Susan Whelan and Top tell you.

Who is bleeding the club dry, I assume you mean the owners, the same owners who have piled tens of millions into the club?

My self respect means that I pay what I'm asked to pay, if I don't agree with the price I don't go.

Do you shiplift if you deem something to be too expensive?

Do you do a runner from restaurants?

If you had any self respect you wouldn't be trying to excuse what is effectively petty theft by dressing it up as 'a principle' and 'fighting the man'.

Who is bleeding the club dry, I assume you mean the owners, the same owners who have piled tens of millions into the club?

My self respect means that I pay what I'm asked to pay, if I don't agree with the price I don't go.

Do you shiplift if you deem something to be too expensive?

Do you do a runner from restaurants?

If you had any self respect you wouldn't be trying to excuse what is effectively petty theft by dressing it up as 'a principle' and 'fighting the man'.

What so it's better for them if they give them no money at all? Do yourself a favour an do one.

Yeh piled tens of millions into the club lol which they'll want back, with interest.

All those prats who are bleeding the fans dry are bleeding the club dry. The fans are the club, the club isn't just this business that they mismanaged so spectacularly over the last few years.

You make out like the people who run the club are doing us a favour. Well they're not, I'm doing them a favour every time I give them a penny. If you want to compare this to restaurants or shops, I'd fvcking demand a refund if their products or meals were as bad as the shoddy football I've had to watch for years on end. But they wouldn't give me one, would they? Because they don't value me.

You're mixing up morals and principles with the law. If you think the law is so much more important than your beliefs that you think a £5-£15 for someone on 6 figures or a multi-billionaire is worth giving up either your principles or your passions for, then you're a very pathetic man.

What so it's better for them if they give them no money at all? Do yourself a favour an do one.

Yeh piled tens of millions into the club lol which they'll want back, with interest.

All those prats who are bleeding the fans dry are bleeding the club dry. The fans are the club, the club isn't just this business that they mismanaged so spectacularly over the last few years.

You make out like the people who run the club are doing us a favour. Well they're not, I'm doing them a favour every time I give them a penny. If you want to compare this to restaurants or shops, I'd fvcking demand a refund if their products or meals were as bad as the shoddy football I've had to watch for years on end. But they wouldn't give me one, would they? Because they don't value me.

You're mixing up morals and principles with the law. If you think the law is so much more important than your beliefs that you think a £5-£15 for someone on 6 figures or a multi-billionaire is worth giving up either your principles or your passions for, then you're a very pathetic man.

So the owners will want their money back, fook me what a surprise!

I'm happy that we finally have someone who invests money in the club, we were going nowhere fast before they arrived.

Yes they've made mistakes but I still believe they are the best owners we've had for years.

It seems you don't like the owners.

It seems you don't like the football played.

It seems you don't like the fans (you've moaned about us enough in the past and have said you wouldn't go because the atmosphere is shit.

I agree with you that prices are too high, so stop going or organise a petition and let the owners know about the principled stand that you're taking.

There are some pretty strident views on here.

I assume that all those who don't pay the said amount apply their morals with the same equanimity to everything that they buy.

So if you want to buy a magazine and think it is only worth £3 instead of £4 you just leave what you think is ok and bunk off.

Same in the cinema or down the pub??

The value doesn't matter what matters is the principle of whether the price charged is considered by you to be fair.

Too many on here are forgetting the fact that money generated by the club doesn't just go to the directors and the players. People doing jobs like cleaning will still have to be paid and they won't be earning a fortune. Likewise local businesses will be doing work with and around the club and they need their money too. By not paying the correct amount you are indirectly risking the well being of employees of the club who you probably don't even realise exist. But never mind the club are ripping you off by charging prices which are within the norm for the level of entertainment provided.

Assuming that all want our club to be successful there is I'm afraid a price to be paid for that. Either players have to take a big reduction in wages (not likely) or our club has to take a stance on its own and say we have a wage ceiling of say £2k a week and see what happens.Only if one of these happens can the cost of running a football club be brought down to the leves at which £10 and even cheaper tickets that some would like can be achieved. The most effective way to make a point is simply not to come at all. If you genuinely feel the club and its owners are ripping you off then boycott it. That is the morally honest way of doing things.

There are some pretty strident views on here.

I assume that all those who don't pay the said amount apply their morals with the same equanimity to everything that they buy.

So if you want to buy a magazine and think it is only worth £3 instead of £4 you just leave what you think is ok and bunk off.

Same in the cinema or down the pub??

The value doesn't matter what matters is the principle of whether the price charged is considered by you to be fair.

Too many on here are forgetting the fact that money generated by the club doesn't just go to the directors and the players. People doing jobs like cleaning will still have to be paid and they won't be earning a fortune. Likewise local businesses will be doing work with and around the club and they need their money too. By not paying the correct amount you are indirectly risking the well being of employees of the club who you probably don't even realise exist. But never mind the club are ripping you off by charging prices which are within the norm for the level of entertainment provided.

Assuming that all want our club to be successful there is I'm afraid a price to be paid for that. Either players have to take a big reduction in wages (not likely) or our club has to take a stance on its own and say we have a wage ceiling of say £2k a week and see what happens.Only if one of these happens can the cost of running a football club be brought down to the leves at which £10 and even cheaper tickets that some would like can be achieved. The most effective way to make a point is simply not to come at all. If you genuinely feel the club and its owners are ripping you off then boycott it. That is the morally honest way of doing things.

yawn

Archived