Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Morals

A few of my mates who are all 24 buy under 22 tickets for home games. They could easily pass for that age and with nobody at the turnstiles it really is no risk to do it. Not done it myself and for the sake of a fiver I don't think I will.

Anybody else do it or would? Would you feel like you were stealing from the club?

The club are happy to rip off fans and have been for years. They couldn't care less about us so why anyone would feel guilty about getting in for cheaper I have no idea.

If they're going to give the impression that they don't need us (and they probably don't with all the TV money these days) then they don't need that fiver....or 15 quid.

People could just decide not to go at all instead. Certainly I'm not going to pay full price so they can either have £15 or have nothing. Take it or leave it.

Not immoral at all, it's our walk-up prices that are immoral.

People shouldn't be charged £30 or more for second tier football, the FSF have a campaign running about away ticket prices called Twenty's Plenty and I'd extend that to our own ticket prices.

If there was a policy of charging £20 across the board and £15 for concessions, I think we'd be seeing attendances of 28,000 plus.

I'm 42, but look 38 and a half!I don't get that choice.

It's not like people who buy car insurance are paying for non insured drivers.Up to the individual if a100 a match do that and save £4 it's below £9000 a year.Less than one players wages a week.

But still diddling the club out of money.

On a fan by fan basis the club would rather take £15 than £0 (given we don't fill the stadium) but obviously you don't want all your 23-27 year old fans doing this and costing you a chunk of revenue.

Matchday revenue is massive for a club like us - I think £10m+ much more so than TV revenue c. £2-3m so bums on seats is key (and making them spend as much as possible).  This obviously changes once you reach the premiership promised land.

So if the £5 is the difference between going and not going I think it is fine

On a fan by fan basis the club would rather take £15 than £0 (given we don't fill the stadium) but obviously you don't want all your 23-27 year old fans doing this and costing you a chunk of revenue.

Matchday revenue is massive for a club like us - I think £10m+ much more so than TV revenue c. £2-3m so bums on seats is key (and making them spend as much as possible).  This obviously changes once you reach the premiership promised land.

So if the £5 is the difference between going and not going I think it is fine

Surely if this was true though they'd be able to find a happy medium with ticket prices (in case much cheaper tickets didn't bring in another 10k fans for one particular game but still make a profit) and just cut ticket prices down across all areas?

I've changed my tune on the STH stance where you should always get the best price per game. I'd certainly not complain if they made our next game £5 per ticket across the stadium and it got filled.

£20 per ticket and a 20'000 crowd is more cash than £10 a ticket and 32,000 fans.  The club I presume has done some work around what the right price is in terms of maximising revenue.

I think Derby experimented with dynamic pricing - a bit like when you book flights / train tickets with the pricing dependent on when you book.

I'd love to actually know some of the 'science' behind the ticket pricing

If the club would realize that more bums on seats means more spent in the club shop , more programs sold , more food and beer sold ( which they get a percentage of) then this wouldn't even be an issue..

I always thought the more obvious thought process is that more bums on seats can lead to better performances on the pitch. There's definitely a correlation.

I'm sure the board would give out 32,000 season tickets for free if it got us promoted, so I can never understand why they are more arsed about overall revenue than the guest count. Seems like they are just looking at the very short-term cash flow. :dunno:

If the club would realize that more bums on seats means more spent in the club shop , more programs sold , more food and beer sold ( which they get a percentage of) then this wouldn't even be an issue..

But it doesn't mean more spent in the shop or more programs sold. The beer and food goes straight to the catering firms.

Plus if we do accept the logic that reduced ticket prices means more sold elsewhere then we are in fact complaining that the club are charging us all too much money, which is in fact preventing us from spending even more money and that we want to be ripped off even more than we currently are just via different revenue streams.

There are no morals in football anymore anyway. All clubs reward their fans very little for their loyalty and support, so paying £22 instead of £30 or whatever is no biggie - at least they're going to the game, and paying a pretty large amount anyway. 

It's not ideal but as long as football clubs rip off fans you're bound to get fans trying to save wherever possible. 

The club are happy to rip off fans and have been for years. They couldn't care less about us so why anyone would feel guilty about getting in for cheaper I have no idea.

If they're going to give the impression that they don't need us (and they probably don't with all the TV money these days) then they don't need that fiver....or 15 quid.

People could just decide not to go at all instead. Certainly I'm not going to pay full price so they can either have £15 or have nothing. Take it or leave it.

Pretty much this. The club have absolutely zero morals in terms of pricing (proven when they put them up after the pathetic 2011/12 season) so I don't see why fans should either.

I seem to remember that Huddersfield introduced a promotional offer of 100 quid for a season ticket to mark their centenary year a few years back. There had to meet a certain conditional target volume for the price to be enforced. I think they sold twice as many st as they did for the previous year. They still lost revenue, as you would expect.

...would love City to adopt something like this for a one-off season. They would lose money, but if you compare that to the cumulative total salaries of Mills/Beckford/Johnson/et al.......

Archived