Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DanTheFox07

Will we choke again?

Will need a good return from the games against QPR, Burnley,Forest etc.

The hunger is back, take a look at the penalty celebration from last night too, half the team celebrating with nuge. Good unity and spirit, the kind we had until Wayne Brown shattered it back in 2010 and it's not been seen since.

all teams go through a bad patch at some time in the season. Gotta accept that. But so will our rivals have theirs too.

Issue is how short do we make it? the team certainly seems mentally stronger this time - and we're already taking points we would have gifted away last year.

My main fear is that we're not scoring enough goals and that could haunt us big time later in the season.

I think we have far less chance of choking this year. We have a great never say die attitude, all the players don't just play for he manager they also play for their team mates, and we have no big egos anymore disrupting the squad like before. We have had a very settled team and squad for a while now and that can only be a good thing. We have added some needed experience in Hammond, GTF and Wesliewski which compliments the other good players we already have. There's a strong unity in that squad.Still early days long way til the end of the season but there's no reason why we can't get promotion this year.

We'll go on a poor run at some point and last season will haunt me forever as far as I'm concerned - there's no genuine confidence from me anymore until we're over the line, because last year was unbelievable.

But I actually think we're in with as good a chance as anyone of going up. Well OK, not 'anyone', anyone other than QPR. We've picked up a knack of being able to win in different circumstances and different types of games, and it's vital.

We've rode our luck a bit, but I do believe there's only so long you can keep 'getting lucky' before it's considered more than luck, and we've hit that point for me.

Pearson's playing a blinder this year. Seems to be winning over the vast majority, and that never happened last season even when we were towards the top.

No.

The side looks far more solid this year and the players look they can be depended on to grind out results.

I still think top 2 will be pushing it given QPR looked nailed on for one and Wigan, Reading, Forest, Watford will all be up there but I expect us to finish in the top 6 a bit more comfortably that last year.

Then as usual, anything can happen.

I think that's considered "choking" according to some of the dregs of society on here anything lower than 2nd is a complete failure and sackable offence

We'll go on a poor run at some point and last season will haunt me forever as far as I'm concerned - there's no genuine confidence from me anymore until we're over the line, because last year was unbelievable.

But I actually think we're in with as good a chance as anyone of going up. Well OK, not 'anyone', anyone other than QPR. We've picked up a knack of being able to win in different circumstances and different types of games, and it's vital.

We've rode our luck a bit, but I do believe there's only so long you can keep 'getting lucky' before it's considered more than luck, and we've hit that point for me.

Pearson's playing a blinder this year. Seems to be winning over the vast majority, and that never happened last season even when we were towards the top.

We seem to have a nice variety of methods to our play this year, it makes it hard for the opposition to set up camp against. If we can compete with those around us, and continue like this against the less favoured sides, its bodes well. The thing is, as we found last season after Jan. Those at the bottom develop a siege mentality and become as difficult if not more difficult to play against, than those at the top.

We have a much better squad this season and we have experience and versatility, the only thing that I want to see is NP using them, rotation will prevent burn out and fatigue, we've not exactly played well in the last 2 games, despite the 6 points, bringing in James, Hammond, Was will not weaken the side, but will keep everyone fit an fresh, please NP don't listen to the never change a winning side brigade.

Spot on about rotation. We are not talking about wholesale changes, just swapping a couple of players in the starting 11 occasionally. We need a squad on form not a first team 11, which can only be archived if players are getting some proper game time and I don't mean in the cup. King and drinky need a rest

I think that's considered "choking" according to some of the dregs of society on here anything lower than 2nd is a complete failure and sackable offence

Anyone with a different opinion to you are the dregs of society? Rational.

Personally, a decent definition of choking would be to be comfortably in the automatics, go on one of the worst runs in over 100 years, and end up scraping into the play offs.

One thing that is guaranteed is that we'll have at least one bad run at some point. I think you're underestimating the strength of the squad though, I could understand a prediction of 8th pre-season (I thought 6th) but the 3 experienced signings we've made have made me think 3rd or 4th. They're exactly the sort of signings we should have made in January or the loan window, not youngsters. A couple more experienced players of decent quality in January and we could be well equipped for a top 2 challenge. You're thinking 8th at this point though?

I think we're currently playing at a level that would deserve a finish of around 8th. But there's every chance we'll step it up a gear against tougher opposition. I'm feeling quite optimistic about this, so if I had to make a prediction now I'd say we'll finish 5th.

The honest answer is 'fook knows'?

However, my opinion, for what it's worth, is that Pearson HAS learnt from some of last season's errors and the players are one year older and a little wiser as to what it takes to get out of this crazy division.

I did say right at the start of LAST season that if Pearson was going to get some success it would be THIS season. Basically because he had to undo Sven's calamities and also give his young players the experience they needed.

But it's a long ol season, and a very tough division.

The main thing is that we now are looking much more like Pearson's teams first time round. More solid, defensively stronger and more attuned to the demands of this division. That can only be a good thing.

I think it´s an absolute unecessary thread!". Who knows what is going to happen? Its pure speculation that brings nothing at all apart from establishing a big guessing competition that is worth nothing at all.

You might as well ask if we get more penos in the next 10 matches than we`ve had in the first 10. Or something completely different. Completely baffling how some fans can create uninteresting debate amongst themselves.

Why don´t people just enjoy a super start to the season? The best in years! We might continue on a roll, we might see a slight dip and we might not - I guess the players would like to continue the roll we are on now - and doubt whether they use too much time and energy discussing if and when it (might, will or will not) end. But the fans go on and on about penos, when will it stop, will we have the same situation as last season etc.

The points are in the bag - very handily so leave it at that and take the matches as they come!

Up the Blues

I think it´s an absolute unecessary thread!". Who knows what is going to happen? Its pure speculation that brings nothing at all apart from establishing a big guessing competition that is worth nothing at all.

You might as well ask if we get more penos in the next 10 matches than we`ve had in the first 10. Or something completely different. Completely baffling how some fans can create uninteresting debate amongst themselves.

Why don´t people just enjoy a super start to the season? The best in years! We might continue on a roll, we might see a slight dip and we might not - I guess the players would like to continue the roll we are on now - and doubt whether they use too much time and energy discussing if and when it (might, will or will not) end. But the fans go on and on about penos, when will it stop, will we have the same situation as last season etc.

The points are in the bag - very handily so leave it at that and take the matches as they come!

Up the Blues[/]

Good on you

Aren't most threads on football boards pointles?

If we didn't have pointless threads full of peoples' opinions and musings you may as well just look at newsnow or BBC Sport.

I have high hopes at the moment for the rest of the season. We've only really played 2 games against teams that have been bang in form or fancied to do well (Blackpool and Wigan), and we seemed to up our game. Barring a Kasper shocker, we'd have won both those games. I seriously reckon our best football will be played against the "better" footballing sides. Before the Wigan game, I admit I didn't give us a chance as I thought they looked like a strong team (admittedly on paper), but that was a fantastic performance. I'm hoping to see more of the same against the other top sides this season, and if we do that, and continue to grind out the points like we're doing at the moment, we'll be there or there abouts come the end of the season.

Archived