Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Captain...

Club Motto

After reading about Everton having their motto, Nil satis nisi optimum (Only the best is good enough), restored to their badge and seeing Yeovil's motto on their badge on Tuesday "Achieve by Unity", I started trying to think if we had a motto, I couldn't find anything. The closest I found was the motto for Leicester itself "Semper Eadem" which means "Always the Same", which is a bit of a shit motto for anything really.

So do we have a motto that anyone knows of? If not what would your official club motto be? (Latin optional, humour encouraged)

Foxes Never Quit...

Is that your suggestion or was that in anyway an official club motto? Would you want to see that on/under the club badge? I always associated that more with the Leicester Mercury than the club, although it is on the tunnel as you enter the pitch.

I think Always The Same is quite appropriate for us, really.

Go two nil up, get lazy, concede a sloppy goal and leave us all shitting our pants for the last twenty minutes? Semper Eadem

Build ourselves up as promotion favourites then slump to a season of mid-table mediocrity? Semper Eadem

Batter automatic promotion hopefuls 3 - 0 away then go down to relegation candidates 0 - 1 at the Walkers? Semper Eadem

Emile Heskey / Ian Hume / Matty Fryatt / David Nugent / Jamie Vardy / Jeff Schlupp is through one on one... hits it straight at the keeper? Semper Eadem

Works.

Is that your suggestion or was that in anyway an official club motto? Would you want to see that on/under the club badge?

Well for lack of anything else it would be my suggestion, I do like it though. Don't know how official it is but it is written on a plaque above the tunnel in the ground and has been associated as long as I can remember.

Done tastefully I'd be happy to see it on the badge.

After reading about Everton having their motto, Nil satis nisi optimum (Only the best is good enough), restored to their badge and seeing Yeovil's motto on their badge on Tuesday "Achieve by Unity", I started trying to think if we had a motto, I couldn't find anything. The closest I found was the motto for Leicester itself "Semper Eadem" which means "Always the Same", which is a bit of a shit motto for anything really.

So do we have a motto that anyone knows of? If not what would your official club motto be? (Latin optional, humour encouraged)

That actually should be our motto, that or Typical Bloody Leicester, maybe even Beat The Best, Lose To The Worst lol

Archived