Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterpool

Huddersfield Pre Match Banter

An injury free and on-form James Vaughan is Premiership class in my view fortunately for him and us he appears to have learned to avoid and cope with injuries. You can see how he used to be a regular on the treatment table because he gives 100% in every game and throws himself into challenges. I guess he's toughened up physically in the meantime. ;)

He did but mostly did a lot of falling over.

Still, you could tell he was a talented player. I wish we'd had got him when he was on loan at Palace. But we spent money on a part-timer and then Beckford that year.

He wasn't ever fit when we had him. He's a real battler, will give us a tough time on Saturday.

Anyone who drops Moore because they're desperate to see this massive scary looking guy play is being mental. This is a serious football match not a freak show. Keep our most in form players in the team.

I think Moore has been very good up until the last few games where he's looked a bit shaky. Wasilewski looked excellent at Doncaster. I don't think he's been signed to sit on the bench.

An injury free and on-form James Vaughan is Premiership class in my view fortunately for him and us he appears to have learned to avoid and cope with injuries. You can see how he used to be a regular on the treatment table because he gives 100% in every game and throws himself into challenges. I guess he's toughened up physically in the meantime. ;)

Yeah I agree. Do you think you'll play 3-5-2?

Mark Robins firmly believes in the idea that his team should be able to switch tactics as the match unfolds however, I guess we might start with a 3-5-2 formation. In previous games we've started that way and changed to 4-4-2. I think it all depends on our starting eleven. We're very much a team in progress and certainly not yet the finished item but there are odd glimpses that we are becoming a very good side. It's a matter believing in the passing game and learning to be patient. That goes for our fans as well, so far, they've acknowledge that we're a team still evolving and have been very patient indeed.

If wood is fit I'd like to see us go 4-3-3 wood nuge and vardy. Get at Huddersfield early on and start scoring some goals from open play and really dominate a side with a result to match. I think we will win though just no convinced it will be easy. I doubt Nigel will start all 3.

Hello all, 

my name's Andy Jackson and I work at the local paper in Huddersfield, the Examiner

This season we're trying to find out what the actual paying public (ie you!) think about their season so far plus players Town fans should look out for as well as what you know about Huddersfield Town.

We've put together a quick (two minute) survey - and if you could fill it in via this link here I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

Hello all,

my name's Andy Jackson and I work at the local paper in Huddersfield, the Examiner

This season we're trying to find out what the actual paying public (ie you!) think about their season so far plus players Town fans should look out for as well as what you know about Huddersfield Town.

We've put together a quick (two minute) survey - and if you could fill it in via this link here I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

done

Hello all, 

Thanks

Done mate.

I can't see us coming and parking the proverbial bus but we've done quite well by trying to calm things down and controlling  the tempo of the game. With our set-up we try to be combative in midfield and attack with pace using our wingers when we see the opportunity. It works in the main but as I say we're not yet the finished item. Whereas Watford were. They pass it with confidence and are well schooled in the style we're trying to play. :)

Love to see:

Kasper

RDL

Wes

Was

Moore

Konch

Hammond

King

James

Knockaert

Nugent

With Hammond sitting and Knocky in a free role playing just of Nuge.

Wassa can pick up Vaughan leaving Wes and Moore to do what they do best. A tad harsh on Drinky as I believe he has performed well, however I think Hammond will offer more defensively really allowing Knocky to flow and Knocky loves playing Udderfield.

Come on you boys in blue

I believe we would always be best served by always playing three out of our four central midfield players:- King, Drinkwater, Hammond, James. I do not really care who else plays or what the formation is. 5-3-2, 4-3-1-2, 4-3-3, whatever best suits the opposition we are playing. This league, and the Prem are all about possession and domination in midfield. That is the secret. Dyer can be effective sometimes, but not enough. Knocky is constrained when he has to just play wide right in a 4-4-2. Dyer should be used for impact, Knocky in a roaming role, both flanks and through the middle. Such use of players would give us far more control defensively, with extra time in possession and give us plenty of strike potential going forward.

Whilst we have possession the opposition won't score. The more time we have with the ball, the better our chances of scoring. 

Love to see:

Kasper

RDL

Wes

Was

Moore

Konch

Hammond

King

James

Knockaert

Nugent

With Hammond sitting and Knocky in a free role playing just of Nuge.

Wassa can pick up Vaughan leaving Wes and Moore to do what they do best. A tad harsh on Drinky as I believe he has performed well, however I think Hammond will offer more defensively really allowing Knocky to flow and Knocky loves playing Udderfield.

Come on you boys in blue

Good call and this could well be the shape of the team soon. It makes sense of the recent signings and you can drop knocky back switch Nuge for Vardy or put Jeff on the left. And if it fails we can do what we have done this season and go 442

Hello all, 

Thanks

Done mate.

I think Moore has been very good up until the last few games where he's looked a bit shaky. Wasilewski looked excellent at Doncaster. I don't think he's been signed to sit on the bench.

He came on as a sub in a game we were chasing and had not been troubled defensively in much at all. And we lost.

People want him in because he's played in the Champions League and for Poland (though he didn't get in the team at Wembley) but that's exactly the kind of attitude that landed us with Sven. What they've done in the past isn't the be all and end all and shouldn't be used as a reason to either support a manager or put a player in the team.

He came on as a sub in a game we were chasing and had not been troubled defensively in much at all. And we lost.

People want him in because he's played in the Champions League and for Poland (though he didn't get in the team at Wembley) but that's exactly the kind of attitude that landed us with Sven. What they've done in the past isn't the be all and end all and shouldn't be used as a reason to either support a manager or put a player in the team.

I take you weren't at the Derby league cup game then.

Leicester City strikers Chris Wood and Gary Taylor-Fletcher are both in contention for the visit of Huddersfield Town, manager Nigel Pearson has said.

Wood has recovered from a hamstring injury, while Taylor-Fletcher is also back in training following a minor injury.

1. ​5395844.jpg

Leicester City striker Chris Wood back in contention for Huddersfield clash along with Gary Taylor-Fletcher

Pearson said they would be assessed ahead of the visit of the Terriers.

"They are back in training and we will look at how they progress over the next couple of days," Pearson said.

Read more: http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/story-19948848-detail/story.html?#ixzz2hz8tgEar 
Follow us: @thisisleics on Twitter | thisisleicestershire on Facebook

Anyone who drops Moore because they're desperate to see this massive scary looking guy play is being mental. This is a serious football match not a freak show. Keep our most in form players in the team.

I want him in the side as from what I have seen of him he looks top drawer and he was playing in the Champions League last year, not because he looks big and scary.

When I look at your likely line-up I break into a cold sweat to be honest! :D However, we still live in the hope we can overturn them.

We actually look like a completely different side this season, Mark Robins and his staff have introduced an entirely different type of game. We actually try to pass the ball and thankfully, gone is the Grayson style of hoof and scrap for it, in favour of a more considered, patient build up. Our last game at home to Watford, which we lost 1-2, was a delight to watch in fact. With both teams passing the ball and playing some wonderful flowing stuff. Vaughan and Hammill will need some close attention by your lads, I know it's a cliche but I think the game will be won and lost in midfield on Saturday and that's an area we blow hot and cold in to be honest.

Obviously last season you Foxes had the upper-hand against us and were the better team in both league games by some considerable distance I thought. But, I'd like to think we won't 'cave in' as dramatically as we did at your place and give you a good game. To date we seem to have stopped leaking silly goals too. (Que. an avalanche of opposition tap-ins! :D )

So all in all, I expect us to be up for it and determined not to be beaten as easily as previous league encounters with The Foxes. Looking forward to it! :scarf:

Has Hammill sorted himself out then? The last I heard about him he was playing shockingly at Middlesbrough, from the word of a Boro season ticket holder.

Hammill is back with his mentor Mark Robins and we're starting to see his true potential. In his current vein of form he's quick and he's skilful and a real handful for most Championship fullbacks. Watch...him have a shocker now! :D

I believe we would always be best served by always playing three out of our four central midfield players:- King, Drinkwater, Hammond, James. I do not really care who else plays or what the formation is. 5-3-2, 4-3-1-2, 4-3-3, whatever best suits the opposition we are playing. This league, and the Prem are all about possession and domination in midfield. That is the secret. Dyer can be effective sometimes, but not enough. Knocky is constrained when he has to just play wide right in a 4-4-2. Dyer should be used for impact, Knocky in a roaming role, both flanks and through the middle. Such use of players would give us far more control defensively, with extra time in possession and give us plenty of strike potential going forward.

Whilst we have possession the opposition won't score. The more time we have with the ball, the better our chances of scoring.

:o

Spot on....

Hello all, 

Thanks

Done, quite enjoyed that it passed the time

What did everyone else put for both "the weak links for leicester" and "What have Huddersfield got to do to beat Leicester"?

Archived