Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterpool

Huddersfield Pre Match Banter

He came on as a sub in a game we were chasing and had not been troubled defensively in much at all. And we lost.

People want him in because he's played in the Champions League and for Poland (though he didn't get in the team at Wembley) but that's exactly the kind of attitude that landed us with Sven. What they've done in the past isn't the be all and end all and shouldn't be used as a reason to either support a manager or put a player in the team.

I don't think we can compare someone Pearson has signed to anything like what that clown Sven did. Yeah, we were chasing the game but he looked very classy. Moore looked like Bambi on ice. He also played very well against Derby in the cup.

He'll play this weekend. I'm pleased about that.

I believe we would always be best served by always playing three out of our four central midfield players:- King, Drinkwater, Hammond, James. I do not really care who else plays or what the formation is. 5-3-2, 4-3-1-2, 4-3-3, whatever best suits the opposition we are playing. This league, and the Prem are all about possession and domination in midfield. That is the secret. Dyer can be effective sometimes, but not enough. Knocky is constrained when he has to just play wide right in a 4-4-2. Dyer should be used for impact, Knocky in a roaming role, both flanks and through the middle. Such use of players would give us far more control defensively, with extra time in possession and give us plenty of strike potential going forward.

Whilst we have possession the opposition won't score. The more time we have with the ball, the better our chances of scoring.

Good post

I believe we would always be best served by always playing three out of our four central midfield players:- King, Drinkwater, Hammond, James. I do not really care who else plays or what the formation is. 5-3-2, 4-3-1-2, 4-3-3, whatever best suits the opposition we are playing. This league, and the Prem are all about possession and domination in midfield. That is the secret. Dyer can be effective sometimes, but not enough. Knocky is constrained when he has to just play wide right in a 4-4-2. Dyer should be used for impact, Knocky in a roaming role, both flanks and through the middle. Such use of players would give us far more control defensively, with extra time in possession and give us plenty of strike potential going forward.

Whilst we have possession the opposition won't score. The more time we have with the ball, the better our chances of scoring.

Nail.

On.

The.

Head.

Hello all, 

my name's Andy Jackson and I work at the local paper in Huddersfield, the Examiner

This season we're trying to find out what the actual paying public (ie you!) think about their season so far plus players Town fans should look out for as well as what you know about Huddersfield Town.

We've put together a quick (two minute) survey - and if you could fill it in via this link here I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

Done

As I understand it, De Laet has picked up an injury an will miss the game against Huddersfield. Moore will move to right back with Wasil playing in the centre with Wes. Could be our strongest back four, although we may miss the pace of De Laet down the right flank.

When I look at your likely line-up I break into a cold sweat to be honest! :D However, we still live in the hope we can overturn them.

We actually look like a completely different side this season, Mark Robins and his staff have introduced an entirely different type of game. We actually try to pass the ball and thankfully, gone is the Grayson style of hoof and scrap for it, in favour of a more considered, patient build up. Our last game at home to Watford, which we lost 1-2, was a delight to watch in fact. With both teams passing the ball and playing some wonderful flowing stuff. Vaughan and Hammill will need some close attention by your lads, I know it's a cliche but I think the game will be won and lost in midfield on Saturday and that's an area we blow hot and cold in to be honest.

Obviously last season you Foxes had the upper-hand against us and were the better team in both league games by some considerable distance I thought. But, I'd like to think we won't 'cave in' as dramatically as we did at your place and give you a good game. To date we seem to have stopped leaking silly goals too. (Que. an avalanche of opposition tap-ins! :D )

So all in all, I expect us to be up for it and determined not to be beaten as easily as previous league encounters with The Foxes. Looking forward to it! :scarf:

The more recent encounters yes but historically, you've got a good record against us. You've won 13 in Leicester, we've only won 12

Not making excuses because I think Leicester City are a club of fine traditions and stature but to be honest If we'd enjoyed a similar type of success on the field that your lads have over the last 50 years I'm convinced we'd be very similar clubs size wise. As it stands, we've had the nightmare of the dreaded drop into the bottom division on two occasions and an horrendous stint in administration and near liquidation to endure. Plus the club and town has never really been seen as attractive. Anyone who comes to the area and takes time to take a look at the surrounding districts will see it's nowhere near as bad as it's often painted. I don't live and have ever lived in the town, when I was brought up in Dewsbury and in my late teens moved to Leeds. In those days Leeds Utd were a top team and it would have been easy to switch elegances but there was never any chance of that - thankful. :D

Not making excuses because I think Leicester City are a club of fine traditions and stature but to be honest If we'd enjoyed a similar type of success on the field that your lads have over the last 50 years I'm convinced we'd be very similar clubs size wise. As it stands, we've had the nightmare of the dreaded drop into the bottom division on two occasions and an horrendous stint in administration and near liquidation to endure. Plus the club and town has never really been seen as attractive. Anyone who comes to the area and takes time to take a look at the surrounding districts will see it's nowhere near as bad as it's often painted. I don't live and have ever lived in the town, when I was brought up in Dewsbury and in my late teens moved to Leeds. In those days Leeds Utd were a top team and it would have been easy to switch elegances but there was never any chance of that - thankful. :D

Not being funny mate but Huddersfield is a typical Northern ShitHole.

But......you haven't.

History and success plays a big part in a club's size. You can't come along and dismiss our previous 50 years and say we'd be similar. 

Tomorrow should be tight though, not expecting an easy game. I'm going for 1-0 Leicester.

Not being funny mate but Huddersfield is a typical Northern ShitHole.

I didn't intend to dismiss your history, so I think my point has been lost! I wanted to say that we aren't as minuscule as some fans of other clubs appear to think especially as we have have very little success in the past 50 years. Unfortunately older fans such as me, feel cheated of best years of our history, which were between the world wars.

Scannell needs to learn his place. Does he need reminding of your entire team being raped 6-1?

Go easy on the lad. Tomorrow he will be playing against the world renowned Paul Konchesky, players dream of this moment for years. Huddersfield will be pleased to get a corner tomorrow. To even get past the half way line of the King Power is like the champions league trophy for most teams in Europe,

Go easy on the lad. Tomorrow he will be playing against the world renowned Paul Konchesky, players dream of this moment for years. Huddersfield will be pleased to get a corner tomorrow. To even get past the half way line of the King Power is like the champions league trophy for most teams in Europe,

Not for most teams but we are talking about Huddersfield who have spent the majority of the past 10 years in League 1. Something we destroyed at the first time of asking.

Success? Compare us to clubs with similar fanbases and we've had bugger all. It's a bit insulting to suggest we've attracted a load of fans because we're a fashionable club to support, because we aren't.

Besides, going on attendances we've got less fans than we had 50 years ago yet about the same as we had 15 years ago when we were a much better side.

Consistent is the best way to describe our history, not successful. At least you can boast about league titles even if no one can remember them.

I've always thought you've got decent support tbf.

Archived