Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterpool

Huddersfield Pre Match Banter

It doesn't quite work like that 

But surely he would be alot more confident in playing against a team who the last time he played against scored a hattrick, rather than against someone who he got kicked by all game and hardly got a touch??

I think it definatly works like that in the mind!!

Doesn't matter, we'll smash these tinpot *****.

Not only do I hate the word 'tinpot', but considering Huddersfield have a great history which is better than ours, I don't get this comment.

They are a decent side now, I don't think it will be anywhere near 6-1 again.

This is another suggestion for our starting XI thoughts on this

GK: Kasper

CB: Moore

CB: Morgan

CB: Wasilewski

CM: Hammonds

CM: Drinkwater

AM: King (lets get King further up the pitch)

RW: Knockaert

LW: Dyer

CF: Wood

CF: Nugent

BENCH: Smith, De Laet, Konchesky, Schlupp, James, Vardy & Taylor Fletcher.

James and Wasilewski to play. King and Moore dropped. Otherwise the same team.

I had a feeling he might drop King, but didn't see More losing his place to Wasyl. Hopefully he shows how good he is, because I've got a feeling he'll be outstanding.

I'd like us to go with a 4 2 3 1 at some point.

Schmeichel

De Laet   Morgan  Moore  Konchesky

James       Drinkwater 

Knockaert         King                Vardy

Nugent

I agree with this.  I think this is a more modern, progressive formation and whilst it gives us more numbers in midfield it still has plenty of attacking potential.  I'd be happy with this and I think Vardy would be suited to this formation as seems to work well from the left.

Another slight alternative for me would be:

Schmeichel

De Laet   Morgan  Moore  Konchesky

James       King

Dyer    Knockaert    Vardy

Nugent

Whatever we play, let's fvcking do the fvckers.

X

My side.

GK: Kasper

RB: De Laet

CB: Morgan

CB: Wasilewski

LB: Konchesky

CM: James

CM: King

CM: Drinkwater

LF: Knockaert

RF: Vardy

CF: Nugent

notes.

LF and RF switching all game and both having creative roles that allows them to wander anywhere in the final third, a solid midfield three behind should give adequete defensive cover.

Moore; Dropping him is extremely harsh on performances this season but we've got an International who was playing in the Champions League last season and he has got to be utilised. Him and Wes could be something special so let's find out. I'm not moving him to right back as I think Moore is a centre back. Plus Richie's attacking intent is valuable and has earned us a few goals this season.

Why drop King and Moore?

On what basis?

If you're dropping anyone on the basis of poor form, drop Nugent.

It's not my preference, it's what I think Pearson will do. Wasilewski has to be starting, and we're not going to drop Wes. Moore isn't quick enough or attacking enough to play right back. Therefore, eventually I think Moore will lose out. Just my opinion

James is another who I think has to play. DD has been our best central midfielder this season so I can't see him being left out. Again, just my opinion.

Agree with you on Nuge, he's been average but without a fully fit Wood, I can't see him being left out. My predicted team would be:

Kasper

De Laet

Wasilewski

Morgan

Konchesky

James

Drinkwater

Knockaert

Dyer

Vardy

Nugent

When I look at your likely line-up I break into a cold sweat to be honest! :D However, we still live in the hope we can overturn them.

We actually look like a completely different side this season, Mark Robins and his staff have introduced an entirely different type of game. We actually try to pass the ball and thankfully, gone is the Grayson style of hoof and scrap for it, in favour of a more considered, patient build up. Our last game at home to Watford, which we lost 1-2, was a delight to watch in fact. With both teams passing the ball and playing some wonderful flowing stuff. Vaughan and Hammill will need some close attention by your lads, I know it's a cliche but I think the game will be won and lost in midfield on Saturday and that's an area we blow hot and cold in to be honest.

Obviously last season you Foxes had the upper-hand against us and were the better team in both league games by some considerable distance I thought. But, I'd like to think we won't 'cave in' as dramatically as we did at your place and give you a good game. To date we seem to have stopped leaking silly goals too. (Que. an avalanche of opposition tap-ins! :D )

So all in all, I expect us to be up for it and determined not to be beaten as easily as previous league encounters with The Foxes. Looking forward to it! :scarf:

Kasper 

Moore   Morgan   Wasilewski   Konchesky

Drinkwater   King   Dyer   

Knockaert

Vardy Nugent

That's as we played for 60 mins against Barnsley when we actually started breaking them down. 

Huddersfield will play a 3-5-2 as well so would make sense to press as a 3 from the front again and use the formation that worked better against Barnsley

When I look at your likely line-up I break into a cold sweat to be honest! :D However, we still live in the hope we can overturn them.

We actually look like a completely different side this season, Mark Robins and his staff have introduced an entirely different type of game. We actually try to pass the ball and thankfully, gone is the Grayson style of hoof and scrap for it, in favour of a more considered, patient build up. Our last game at home to Watford, which we lost 1-2, was a delight to watch in fact. With both teams passing the ball and playing some wonderful flowing stuff. Vaughan and Hammill will need some close attention by your lads, I know it's a cliche but I think the game will be won and lost in midfield on Saturday and that's an area we blow hot and cold in to be honest.

Obviously last season you Foxes had the upper-hand against us and were the better team in both league games by some considerable distance I thought. But, I'd like to think we won't 'cave in' as dramatically as we did at your place and give you a good game. To date we seem to have stopped leaking silly goals too. (Que. an avalanche of opposition tap-ins! :D )

So all in all, I expect us to be up for it and determined not to be beaten as easily as previous league encounters with The Foxes. Looking forward to it! :scarf:

I think Vaughan is possibly the best striker in the division. Wish he played for us!

I think Vaughan is possibly the best striker in the division. Wish he played for us!

He did but mostly did a lot of falling over.

Still, you could tell he was a talented player. I wish we'd had got him when he was on loan at Palace. But we spent money on a part-timer and then Beckford that year.

Archived