Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ballso

Was/Wes

Do we think that Wasilewski and big Wes are now our first choice/starting centre-back partnership going forward? I haven't managed to get to any games, but people seem to be really impressed with Wasilewski. I suppose it's not a massive surprise, seeing as he's an experienced international and played a good level of football with Anderlecht for several years, but he seems to have settled in well and really taken his chance.

I ask, as it's quite interesting that a) De Laet gets injured, meaning that Moore has to fill in at right back, and b) Wasilewski seems to have grabbed his chance with both hands

Would everyone keep the defence as it is now, even when De Laet is back and in contention (keep Moore at right back/Was at centre-back)? Or would people be inclined to bring De Laet straight back into the line-up when he's fit, at the expense of either Moore or Was?

Once De Laet is back fully fit, he'll be straight in. Wasilewski back to the bench. Moore back to partner Big Wes.

It's good that Wasilewski is ready and has performed solidly. That personifies the experience he has and he's a big fvcking beast. So when opposition play, they don't just see Big Wes, they see Big Was too :D.

So yeah, for now they are our starting centre-backs. Don't see why it should change vs Fulham either.

Once De Laet is back fully fit, he'll be straight in. Wasilewski back to the bench. Moore back to partner Big Wes.

It's good that Wasilewski is ready and has performed solidly. That personifies the experience he has and he's a big fvcking beast. So when opposition play, they don't just see Big Wes, they see Big Was too :D.

So yeah, for now they are our starting centre-backs. Don't see why it should change vs Fulham either.

Nothing doing. Nugent's goal today was from the most majestic cross field ball from Wasyl to Dyer, we had been playing the ball round the back, Bournemouth were pressing us high, Wasyl gets the ball back and I've never seen a centre back for Leicester spray a ball like that. It was majestic. Popping champagne corks like Wellens in his heyday.

I would keep this back 4 as is, Wasyl and Big Wes are absolutely solid in the middle, some of Wasyl's headers were so powerful they fell right to Wood up front. Moore has shown he is very good at RB too and for me De Laet has been off the boil a bit this season. 

Wasilewski has been outstanding in the past two games. 

And if he continues to perform, he doesn't deserve to be dropped regardless of De Laet coming back in 4-5 weeks.

This guy is better than St Ledger, St Ledger can now fook off.

I would let Wasilewski kill our fish if he wants to.

Disagree, RDL will slot in at RB. Was will only get better.

Yeah, half of why I was asking was because I don't think De Laet should just get straight back in the side when he's fit again. If he were to walk right back into the side, then it sends the wrong message, for me.

Keep the back four as it is, I reckon. It's similar to the James situation in a way. He got sent off, someone else came in and performed and he now can't get back into the side. De Laet has to be given the same treatment I reckon.

RDL will come straight back.

Reckon Wasyl will keep his place ahead of Moore which is harsh but Moore strikes me as the kind of player who would relish the challenge of trying to win his place back rather than sulking.

Great problem to have.

Nothing doing. Nugent's goal today was from the most majestic cross field ball from Wasyl to Dyer, we had been playing the ball round the back, Bournemouth were pressing us high, Wasyl gets the ball back and I've never seen a centre back for Leicester spray a ball like that. It was majestic. Popping champagne corks like Wellens in his heyday.

I would keep this back 4 as is, Wasyl and Big Wes are absolutely solid in the middle, some of Wasyl's headers were so powerful they fell right to Wood up front. Moore has shown he is very good at RB too and for me De Laet has been off the boil a bit this season. 

Matty Eliott could play the ball out from the back like Zico  B-)

Really, why? RDL is a better rb at the moment than Moore. Moore has been wxceptional at centreback this season though.

RDL gets caught out of position a lot and doesn't bust a gut to get back, Moore makes the back line a bit more solid.

Could always play RDL at left back. He played there for Norwich in the Prem. Moore/Was/Wes/RDL anyone?

Was just going to post the same thing, certainly worth considering based on Konch performance today.

Also with Moore at RB, he is often used for a knock on header from Kapser's kick out

Across tr season there is going to be many injuries and suspensions, I think it's great that we have 5 quality defenders that can all play to a high level and cover each other. With the likes of Miquel to cover also I think we look strong in strength and depth this season. All will get a long run in the side and all will be able to be rested when required something we couldn't do last year.

Archived