Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ballso

Was/Wes

I can see Pearson wanting to keep Wasilewski in.

To be honest, he's displacing probably our best player this season and I'm not comfortable with it. It will be even worse if Moore drops to the bench when De Laet's back. Frankly, I'd see that as an absolute disgrace and the sort of thing Sven was rightly slated for.

I've never really been a fan of De Laet as a defender and I won't be sorry to see him stay on the bench.

Moore is a cracking young player but Waselewski is a cut above what we already have.

Wes and Was at centre-back and whoever is on form at fullback.

Only on reputation, he's done nothing for us yet that Moore hasn't done apart from smashing some bloke in the face with an elbow.

People are always whinging about us not nurturing and bringing through local/English talent. Yet when we do so, it seems that the fact he is young and local counts against him, whereas being an older foreign player is reason enough to play them instead.

Some people on here are so hypocritical in that way. How is a player ever supposed to fulfill his potential if we drop him or move him out of position when he's developed so rapidly through game time and has been so impressive?

This is what's wrong with modern English football, if players from a bygone era had been shown so little faith they'd have never become the legends that we know today. We used to have so much faith in our  youngsters we were happy to get rid of the world cup winning goalkeeper to play one, and that didn't turn out too badly.

To be honest, he's displacing probably our best player this season and I'm not comfortable with it. It will be even worse if Moore drops to the bench when De Laet's back. Frankly, I'd see that as an absolute disgrace and the sort of thing Sven was rightly slated for.

I've never really been a fan of De Laet as a defender and I won't be sorry to see him stay on the bench.

Only on reputation, he's done nothing for us yet that Moore hasn't done apart from smashing some bloke in the face with an elbow.

People are always whinging about us not nurturing and bringing through local/English talent. Yet when we do so, it seems that the fact he is young and local counts against him, whereas being an older foreign player is reason enough to play them instead.

Some people on here are so hypocritical in that way. How is a player ever supposed to fulfill his potential if we drop him or move him out of position when he's developed so rapidly through game time and has been so impressive?

This is what's wrong with modern English football, if players from a bygone era had been shown so little faith they'd have never become the legends that we know today. We used to have so much faith in our youngsters we were happy to get rid of the world cup winning goalkeeper to play one, and that didn't turn out too badly.

Whats wrong with modern day football is terms such as "game time", you will

Be calling it soccer next....

RDL will come back in at rb because he offers more going forward. People moan he gets caught out of position but that's due to the fact Knocky comes inside and RDL has to bomb forward constantly supplying crosses. Moore doesn't really attack, he's just a solid defensive rb.

And i wouldn't put RDL at left back because it wouldn't work. Konchesky had a bad game today but there's a big difference between rb and lb. RDL's game is bombing forward and putting in a cross and he wouldn't be able to do that on the left.

As it stands today I'd drop Moore, but who knows what will happen between now and RDL coming back. We could get injuries or a player might hit a bad run of form. I'd be happy with any of them starting - which is a good thing.

Nothing doing. Nugent's goal today was from the most majestic cross field ball from Wasyl to Dyer, we had been playing the ball round the back, Bournemouth were pressing us high, Wasyl gets the ball back and I've never seen a centre back for Leicester spray a ball like that. It was majestic. Popping champagne corks like Wellens in his heyday.

I would keep this back 4 as is, Wasyl and Big Wes are absolutely solid in the middle, some of Wasyl's headers were so powerful they fell right to Wood up front. Moore has shown he is very good at RB too and for me De Laet has been off the boil a bit this season.

You don't remember Paul Fitzpatrick's 50 yard crossfield curler onto Tommy Wright's instep then? That pass, Wright's cross and Gibson's header is my favourite ever Leicester goal, 3 pieces of total perfection in a few seconds

People are acting as if Pearson has already gone and dropped Moore and sent him on loan!

RDL gets injured, Moore plays in his academy position. Simple.

RDL comes back and were still winning and playing well, RDL stays out of the side. Simple.

You don't remember Paul Fitzpatrick's 50 yard crossfield curler onto Tommy Wright's instep then? That pass, Wright's cross and Gibson's header is my favourite ever Leicester goal, 3 pieces of total perfection in a few seconds

Or Gary Coatsworth's 40 yard assist at Wembley.

Those thinking Wasilewski will be dropped, put it this way: both he and Moore can play at RB, Moore had arguably been our POTS until De Laet's injury but Pearson chose to move him to RB instead of putting Wasyl there. Unless Moore improves at RB I can't see anything other than a straight swap with him & De Laet.

Those thinking Wasilewski will be dropped, put it this way: both he and Moore can play at RB, Moore had arguably been our POTS until De Laet's injury but Pearson chose to move him to RB instead of putting Wasyl there. Unless Moore improves at RB I can't see anything other than a straight swap with him & De Laet.

This

Even if moore does end up on the bench with rdl coming in it wont be long till big wasyl is suspended and he has another crack... even today I thought i seen him pull out the elbow trick on there little striker rantie in the second half, thankfully rantie kept harrying and trying to get the ball rather than drop to the floor and roll around like most would, as I feel as they were down to 10 men the ref would have jumped at the chance to even things up

I would guess Moores been chosen to go at full back because of his energy, we use full backs almost as wingers at times and Moore suit the role better. It wouldnt suprise me to see a shift to 352 again once rdl is fit.

Obviously not now, as our system is working well, but this side makes me shiver a little:

---------------------------------------------------------Kasper-----------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------Moore----------Morgan---------Wasyl------------------------------------------------

RDL-----------------------------------------Drinky-------------King--------------------------------------------------------Schlupp

--------------------------------------------------------Knockaert---------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------Wood----------------Vardy-----------------------------------------------------------

Wasilewski is a great addition to the squad and so is Hammond.  Says a lot that people beginning to talk about him in such a short scale of time.  I thought City badly missed De Laet yesterday and Moore was standing very far up the pitch before getting the ball.  Having said that it seemed to work as Knockaert had a good game and never seemed to be isolated.  Defensively left us open at the back.  Give it time and it might work.  I would like to see Moore and Wasilewski change positions against Fulham to see how it goes.

Wasilewski for me is another Tunchev, seems to have time on the ball, very strong in the air, a good passer of the ball but not overly fast. I think if you've represented Poland on more than 60 occasions then he must be decent as Poland aren't that bad a team. Think he adds that bit of nastiness that we've lacked in recent seasons and by all accounts he's a good communicator and organiser. Loved the way he ran over to a group of fans, presumably Poles, at the end of the game, had his picture taken with them and gave them his shirt. Thought Moore had an average game yesterday and now looks far more accomplished as a centre half. Will be interesting to see what happens when De Laet is fit. Another pleasant headache for Pearson to sort out.

This is what's wrong with modern English football, if players from a bygone era had been shown so little faith they'd have never become the legends that we know today. We used to have so much faith in our  youngsters we were happy to get rid of the world cup winning goalkeeper to play one, and that didn't turn out too badly.

I think from watching Wasilewski (or however you spell it) he has quality and composure which demonstrates what an excellent player he is.  Also, he is by far the best passer of the ball we have at the back.  Much as I am excited by Moore, I think Was is more experienced and more capable at the present time.  Moore also has made the odd mistake that he is often forgiven for as he is a young player from Leicester.

On young players, I think there is more of a tendency for fans to think young players are better than they are.  How many times has this or that player been the answer to whatever footballing problem we have only to not live up to the promise?  There is far more emotion clouding judgement in favour of young players at the club than against them in my opinion.

I quite like De Laet but I'm not sure he should go straight in ahead of Moore at rightback.  As I said previously, whoever is on form should play at fullback.

Moore is a cracking young player and he has a big future ahead of him, hopefully at Leicester.  It cannot hurt his development to have such good examples as Was and Wes to learn from though, and let's not forget, he is still learning.

:thumbup:

typical glass half empty/half full argument this - anticipating a problem before it's even happened. LM has been fab at centre back but he is prone to the occasional error simply due to inexperience. Wasy has a "been there seen it all" look about him - he was organising the defence in a very vocal way in the second half - something Wes doesn't seem to do. Last season the defence was too dependent on Wes, Wasy preads the burden. And if LM has a weakness it's his distribution - and Wasy is superb on the ball. Even when contesting tight headers he manages to find a blue shirt with his clearances. So it's Wasy and Wesy for me wth RDL and LM contesting the right back shirt and LM across to CB for tactical reasons (injury/switching to a back 3). LM is clearly adapting to a new role but I think he could be fantastic there. On RDL - I really think his "threat" going forward is slightly overdone. For sure he's fast and gets down the line on a regular basis - but the poor quality of his final ball means all too often it's a wasted effort.

Btw Wasy had his photo taken with some Belgians who came over to follow him in the match because they were such fans of his at anderlecht. That in itself is the measure of the man and an indication of a really astute transfer acquisition.

You know what I love? I'd be confident if any 2 of Big Wes/Wasyl/Moore play in the middle. Confident that any 2 of the 3 can perform solidly and not cause the fans any fear of making a mistake. 

It's one of the best selection dilemmas you can have.

I agree with that 11 but i would swap schlupp for dyer.

Wasilewski will keep his place in the starting line up especially when we're playing teams like forest or burnley when he will be given orders to put simon cox and ings out for the rest of the season. He's a great, experienced defender, and Leicester have never been aggressive or dirty enough but now we've got big wasyl and we need to make the most his aggressive and rough play.

I agree with that 11 but i would swap schlupp for dyer.

Wasilewski will keep his place in the starting line up especially when we're playing teams like forest or burnley when he will be given orders to put simon cox and ings out for the rest of the season. He's a great, experienced defender, and Leicester have never been aggressive or dirty enough but now we've got big wasyl and we need to make the most his aggressive and rough play.

No No No

Now I don't particularly like Schlupp but if he's to have any impact at Leicester whatsoever he and NP need to sort out his proper position. Him one day playing LB then the next having a 20 minute stint up front is hardly going to get him established in our team is it? Never mind introducing a 3 rd position to him!

Archived