Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

Pre match commentary, cheesy or not?

As we all saw/heard at Watford on Saturday, they chose to play out over the PA Troy Deeney's goal from last season. Do you think the club will do that on Saturday with Knockys goal against forest being the chosen commentary? If so, is this an atmosphere builder or a cheesy tactic?

As we all saw/heard at Watford on Saturday, they chose to play out over the PA Troy Deeney's goal from last season. Do you think the club will do that on Saturday with Knockys goal against forest being the chosen commentary? If so, is this an atmosphere builder or a cheesy tactic?

No. We don't have to sink to their level.

To be honest we shouldn't read too much into Watford doing all of that - do people really think we'd have not won if they didn't do all of that?

We were out to get them from the off. Watford doing all of that just added to the irony.

It's quite spooky how similar the situations are - we've got our 'revenge' if you like, with Forest getting their chance straight after.

If we lose down to complacency then I'll be amazed and I'll lose a slice of faith in this side because that seems completely out of their character, so far.

I hope they don't.  It's just tempting fate.  As I mentioned when Watford did it, I remember going to White Hart Lane just after they beat us in the League Cup Final.  They played their last minute winner about 50 timesbefore kick off, and we then went on to play them off the park and win 2-0. Our players all said at the time that it just wound them up.  Don't do it - let's just all remember it as the great day it was - no bragging required.

Where the fook did that goal actually get us?!

I don't get this sort of reaction. That goal will stay with us all for years and years, regardless of our subsequent failure. I don't want it shown, but because it could seriously backfire, not because we didn't win promotion.

Anyone that says to Watford after that Deeney goal - "well they didn't win promotion" is a prize tool too. The game is built on and is about moments, the experience of certain goals will never, ever be replicated and regardless of events after, they should still be looked on with fondness.

To be honest we shouldn't read too much into Watford doing all of that - do people really think we'd have not won if they didn't do all of that?

We were out to get them from the off. Watford doing all of that just added to the irony.

Exactly. WTF is wrong with you superstitious bastards? Are you all high?

Playing a fvcking video before a match makes fvck all difference. The players won't even see it and it's hardly going to boost or deflate anyone FFS.

I quite like the video they play pre-match of our famous goals. It's better than all that fvcking shit music they put on.

I don't get this sort of reaction. That goal will stay with us all for years and years, regardless of our subsequent failure. I don't want it shown, but because it could seriously backfire, not because we didn't win promotion.

Anyone that says to Watford after that Deeney goal - "well they didn't win promotion" is a prize tool too. The game is built on and is about moments, the experience of certain goals will never, ever be replicated and regardless of events after, they should still be looked on with fondness.

I think that's more to do with the fact they keep bragging about it and rub it in like they ended the season with such glory, or like beating us means something to them in general.

It's a bit different for us against Forest, it's brilliant to ruin their season and keep ours alive on their turf regardless of how it ended.

Exactly. WTF is wrong with you superstitious bastards? Are you all high?

Playing a fvcking video before a match makes fvck all difference. The players won't even see it and it's hardly going to boost or deflate anyone FFS.

I quite like the video they play pre-match of our famous goals. It's better than all that fvcking shit music they put on.

For me it's not about superstitions! It's about winding up an already decent forest side! It's possible that it can happen...

Archived