Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Uncle Monty

Matty James

When Knocky's back there should still be room for him. I'm sure there's some myth about him disappearing away from home because he's french and skillful though.

Hammond was obviously brought in for a reason but I'm yet to see him do anything that James can't do - and James is a better all round player.

Also, we've not done badly away from home this season, we've had some good displays with King in the side. And I'm someone who actually agrees that he can go missing in away games.

Yeah there is always room for Knocky.

I put Hammond in there for his experience and discipline (which James sometimes lacks) he is a different kind of player to James and sits much deeper.It's just my opinion but I think playing those 3 is the best option especially in tougher away games.

Said it time over.. I don't like King away from home when we aren't controlling the game. I've said this for a long long time. However, the proponents of 'King can do no wrong' of course won't agree.

King played very well at Watford in our best away performance. Today he wasn't so good and James came on to play a key role in turning the game around.

King can play away, he's shown that.

King played very well at Watford in our best away performance. Today he wasn't so good and James came on to play a key role in turning the game around.

King can play away, he's shown that.

Yes... When we are controlling a game. Is this so hard to get? When we aren't, his game becomes so much less. I think Pearson recognised this today and took appropriate action quick enough to change the game.

Yes... When we are controlling a game. Is this so hard to get? When we aren't, his game becomes so much less. I think Pearson recognised this today and took appropriate action quick enough to change the game.

King contributed to making us control a game, him and Drinkwater dominated their area and allowed us to take charge. We lost this fixture last season yet King was our best player on the day.

Today he didn't and James was the key behind us changing the game along with Drinkwater. The main plus is that Drinkwater seems comfortable playing next to both.

Col, this comment is mental!

If not the central midfielders, who is controlling the game?

Col, this comment is mental!

If not the central midfielders, who is controlling the game?

I think it's quite simple and must have said it a hundred times. When the team is looking confident, keeping the ball and pushing forward, King is in his element. He becomes the orchestrator. This has typically happened at home.

When the team is not looking so good, being subjected to lots of pressure and not keeping the ball, King becomes pedestrian and over-run. This has typically happened away from home.

Today's game is a great example. The whole team looked like they'd stayed at home first half. We were being put under the cosh. And King was absent. Second half, with the introduction of James, the control was won back, the whole team started to play better and we reaped the rewards.

Last season, Pearson would have left King on. Today, he subbed him and it was exactly the right thing to do.

Had it occurred to you that we were under the cosh BECAUSE King was having a poor game?

It's a chicken and egg thing. Personally, I think King's performances remain pretty constant. It's the type of game around him that changes. He can cope well with one, not with the other. I've always thought this.

This is why I think he'd struggle in the Premiership. Up against sides full of pace, strength and creativity I think he'd get very very over-run.

It's a chicken and egg thing. Personally, I think King's performances remain pretty constant. It's the type of game around him that changes. He can cope well with one, not with the other. I've always thought this.

This is why I think he'd struggle in the Premiership. Up against sides full of pace, strength and creativity I think he'd get very very over-run.

I actually think he gets tired due to the mileage he covers box to box every game including being away on international duty. Not a statto personally , however I would be interested in how much ground he covered and comparisons with others?

As much as he's a great player, the first half was scrappy and it just isn't suited to Kings game. His game is all about pass and move getting from box to box.... Everything that didn't happen in the first half.

King often has a slight lull during the middle of the season - perhaps quite simply down to the weight of games he plays and one or two opponents basing their tactics on disrupting his ball retention.

It certainly doesn't help him if our team doesn't pass and move so much away from home - either tactically or numerically - but King's been in a lot of winning teams this season - and in others - for a bloke who "doesn't play well away" and most of the time I've watched he's more than made himself useful in one way or another.

I'm just glad we've got credible alternatives because we'll need them and if James comes through to show anything like the consistency King has shown for his 250-odd games we'll be blessed indeed.

That's not to grumble at Pearson's subbing of King for one moment. The manager has made a number of good tactical calls this season which have helped us collect points and I'm as happy to acknowledge it as I am to grumble when he's been wrong.

Overall we seem well placed. We've always got goals in us. The combination of Dyer and Vardy being hugely more consistent this year, Drinkwater being far more influential and also having our Polish "monster" around means we're made of sterner stuff now and unlikely to slip into the sort of second-half-of-season freefall that blighted last season's effort.

And, for all the individual flag-waving and calls for either King or James, we'll need all our main personnel to get the job finished.

King needs a rest. He's got more minutes than usual for Wales in the international breaks. Has probably played the most of anyone in the squad this season so far.

James and Drinkwater for Millwall for me.

Said it time over.. I don't like King away from home when we aren't controlling the game. I've said this for a long long time. However, the proponents of 'King can do no wrong' of course won't agree.

Another mythical set of posters fabricated to try and make a very weak point about the immense failings of a good team and manager. File these with the Pearson-bummers and the Nugent-bummers.

Archived