Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Father Ted

Millwall Pre-Match thread

http://www.newsatden.co.uk/28668-lomas-reveals-he-wanted-to-sign-leicester-star-in-summer.html

MILLWALL boss Steve Lomas has revealed he tried to sign Leicester City livewire Lloyd Dyer in the summer.

Dyer has been in scintillating form for the promotion-chasing Foxes this season, scoring five and assisting six goals in 19 appearances.

And Lomas wanted the winger to join the ranks at The Den during pre-season.

Lomas believes keeping Dyer quiet, as well as top scorer David Nugent, will be key to the Lions' chances when they travel to the King Power Stadium this Saturday.

"Those two are on fire at the moment," he said. "They've got good players all over the pitch. You only have to look at who they've got out on loan to see where they are at - Neil Danns at Bolton, Richie Wellens at Doncaster and obviously Martyn Waghorn are all starters at other Championship clubs.

"Nugent has been a top player at this level for a couple of seasons and so has the lad Dyer - I played with him at QPR so I know what he is all about. We tried to get him in the summer but in the end he stayed put. We know that they are a strong side and we'll have to go there and be resilient and keep their dangermen quiet."

But Lomas has backed the Lions to pose a goal threat of their own on Saturday - and is not planning to settle for a draw.

"I don't ever go into a game looking for a point - I don't like that approach," he said.

"We always seem to create chances - I don't think a game has gone by this season in which we haven't had opportunities to score, so we are confident of doing the same again.

"You set out for a win and if you get a draw you accept it. I feel that keeping clean sheets is going to be very important going forward because we look like scoring at the other end."

http://www.newsatden.co.uk/28668-lomas-reveals-he-wanted-to-sign-leicester-star-in-summer.html

MILLWALL boss Steve Lomas has revealed he tried to sign Leicester City livewire Lloyd Dyer in the summer.

Dyer has been in scintillating form for the promotion-chasing Foxes this season, scoring five and assisting six goals in 19 appearances.

Lomas believes keeping Dyer quiet, as well as top scorer David Nugent, will be key to the Lions' chances when they travel to the King Power Stadium this Saturday.

"Those two are on fire at the moment," he said. "They've got good players all over the pitch. You only have to look at who they've got out on loan to see where they are at - Neil Danns at Bolton, Richie Wellens at Doncaster and obviously Martyn Waghorn are all starters at other Championship clubs.

"Nugent has been a top player at this level for a couple of seasons and so has the lad Dyer - I played with him at QPR so I know what he is all about. We tried to get him in the summer but in the end he stayed put. We know that they are a strong side and we'll have to go there and be resilient and keep their dangermen quiet."

But Lomas has backed the Lions to pose a goal threat of their own on Saturday - and is not planning to settle for a draw.

"I don't ever go into a game looking for a point - I don't like that approach," he said.

"We always seem to create chances - I don't think a game has gone by this season in which we haven't had opportunities to score, so we are confident of doing the same again.

"You set out for a win and if you get a draw you accept it. I feel that keeping clean sheets is going to be very important going forward because we look like scoring at the other end."

Do your ****ing homework Lomas.

4-4-2 - straight at them from kick-off and a comfortable 3-0 win. Nugent hattrick. You heard it hear first folks!

Do your ****ing homework Lomas.

4-4-2 - straight at them from kick-off and a comfortable 3-0 win. Nugent hattrick. You heard it hear first folks!

I dont think Dyer ever played for QPR

Did you go to Donny? Charlton was averge and robbed by the ref we truly were. Donny was an embarrassing performance full stop

Doncaster was crap but we shouldn't have lost the game. Charlton we looked second best for the majority of the game.

It would be nice to properly take someone apart and no-one deserve it more than Millwall after our disgraceful and inept performances against them home and away for several years.

I want between 4 and 10 goals, anymore than that would be cruel.

If we don't beat these helmets then i'll be livid. Our fans are owed a victory over them, in fact we're owed the double over them.

Doncaster was crap but we shouldn't have lost the game. Charlton we looked second best for the majority of the game.

No, Charlton we bossed the game against with ten men they were hanging on if anything. The ref wouldnt have let us get a point there anyway

Doncaster we should not have lost but when you're playing hoof ball and long throws to their big bald centre back you deserve to get nothing.

No, Charlton we bossed the game against with ten men they were hanging on if anything. The ref wouldnt have let us get a point there anyway

Doncaster we should not have lost but when you're playing hoof ball and long throws to their big bald centre back you deserve to get nothing.

Bossed the game?! No chance. We were second best with eleven and second best with ten. The referee was a disgrace (as Deadman always is with us) but that shouldn't detract from the fact Schmeichel kept the score well down that day. He made about 3/4 very good saves.

Doncaster was crap I agree. I'll put them on a par.

Forest was a freak and how we came out of that without a 2/3 goal win was beyond me, let alone a 0-2 loss.

I don't think it's a foregone conclusion, most people are saying we owe them a pasting after what we've served up against them in recent years. The fans deserve redemption.

Redemption! lol

I've never thought that playing Millwall is any sort of 'grudge match'. They are just another Championship side aren't they, who, by battling more than we have done in recent fixtures, have beaten us.

We're a far better side, but have lost out physically in my opinion. Nothing more than that really.

Tomorrow, I'd start with James and Drinkwater, possibly even playing Hammond in behind. Control that midfield area, get into em, and we'll win the game.

Archived