Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Basingstoke Fox

Bournemouth Away - 01/02/2014 NOW SOLD OUT

Room booked! just to mention folks if your looking for a cheap room for that weekend Premier Inn are charging £29 night between Sunday's-Friday's. The price goes up on Saturday night but still two nights for under a £100 doesn't sound to bad. If I was most of you though I'd travel up late on Friday night after work or college or whatever and look to get Monday booked off, and pay the extra £29 to save travelling back on Sunday, because as you've heard there's no trains to Bournemouth on saturday or sunday!

There's a link that becomes active on Monday which means you can get a £10 day return on South West Trains between London and Bournemouth if anyone wants

Don't tell me you're going to see us play in Bournemouth, Lamby. C'mon.  :ph34r:

Can see this selling out very quickly as the priority changes. Any of you blues living in Bournemouth advise me of a decent 80's bar or club in Bounemouth so me and my old timer mates can have a bit of a night out as we are there Friday to Sunday.

80s bar...drawing a blank to be honest.

Best places:

Aruba (Bournemouth Pier) - funk, bit of 80s, range of music. Wear shoes, expensiveish

1812 (nr Pier, opposite BIC) - lounge bar, always good for a few.

Bar so (next door to 1812) - nice girls, shit contemporary pop music.

Sixty Million Postcards - rock, indie, alternative. Pretty good.

Camel (Old Christchurch Road nr Walkabout and other shit bars). Open until 6am - 3 styles of music, and you can smoke shish and eat mixed kebabs until close!

Vodka Revolutions (Old Christchurch Road, just up from Camel) - you know the score...standard. 

Daisy O'Briens - good little Irish pub in town centre.

O'Neills - standard, and ok. On Lansdowne Roundabout.

Whatever you do, do not drink anywhere near the Goldsands. It's in Boscombe, a few miles up the road from Bournemouth town centre. Proper shithole and full home drug dens, halfway houses , whore houses and pretty rough home pubs. Most hotels are on the East Cliff, which is between the town centre and Boscombe. But I'd suggest staying in the town centre for matchday beers    :thumbup: e.g. O'Neills on the Lansdowne roundabout is on the edge of the town centre, and probably the closest decent pub I'd advise drinking in. Also a short walk from the train station.

I'm a member, so will have to wait until 27th Jan or whenever it is I'm eligible. Doesn't look good, but they never sell out, so may have to go in the home end  :(

Best places:

Aruba (Bournemouth Pier) - funk, bit of 80s, range of music. Wear shoes, expensiveish

Camel (Old Christchurch Road nr Walkabout and other shit bars). Open until 6am - 3 styles of music, and you can smoke shish and eat mixed kebabs until close!

Vodka Revolutions (Old Christchurch Road, just up from Camel) - you know the score...standard. 

Whatever you do, do not drink anywhere near the Goldsands. It's in Boscombe, a few miles up the road from Bournemouth town centre. Proper shithole and full home drug dens, halfway houses , whore houses and pretty rough home pubs. Most hotels are on the East Cliff, which is between the town centre and Boscombe. But I'd suggest staying in the town centre for matchday beers   :thumbup: e.g. O'Neills on the Lansdowne roundabout is on the edge of the town centre, and probably the closest decent pub I'd advise drinking in. Also a short walk from the train station.

I'm a member, so will have to wait until 27th Jan or whenever it is I'm eligible. Doesn't look good, but they never sell out, so may have to go in the home end  :(

The Old Fire Station is supposed to be ok, bit of a students night club I believe, I know one of the duty managers there - funny enough, he's a city fan as well.

New place called Orange Rooms on the main road next to Old Fire Station. Decent. Haven't been OFS in years, but from what I remember typical student nightclub ;-p

Best places:

Whatever you do, do not drink anywhere near the Goldsands. It's in Boscombe, a few miles up the road from Bournemouth town centre. Proper shithole and full home drug dens, halfway houses , whore houses and pretty rough home pubs. Most hotels are on the East Cliff, which is between the town centre and Boscombe. But I'd suggest staying in the town centre for matchday beers :thumbup: e.g. O'Neills on the Lansdowne roundabout is on the edge of the town centre, and probably the closest decent pub I'd advise drinking in. Also a short walk from the train station.

I'm a member, so will have to wait until 27th Jan or whenever it is I'm eligible. Doesn't look good, but they never sell out, so may have to go in the home end :(

Thanks for this. What time are most places open till on a typical Saturday night?

New place called Orange Rooms on the main road next to Old Fire Station. Decent. Haven't been OFS in years, but from what I remember typical student nightclub ;-p

Where are you going for beers before hand? I was thinking Inferno on holdenhurst road, bit of a walk to the ground though but there's not many places closer! TOFS hasn't changed one bit  :P

Firestation on the Friday will be rammed, it's Lolipop and it's last exam date for most, could be on to a winner there if that's your type of thing.

I'd recommend Revs, Lola Lo, Halo for clubs. Everywhere will be pretty busy because of aforementioned last exams.

As for bars, the lads have pretty much nailed it. Aruba is more chilled, and yeah pretty expensive.

From what you've said I think Orange rooms would be a good choice, only because it's got a bit of everything.

I'd love to see us pack a pub out down here!

This wouldn't be a Bournemouth thread without the mention of 'Days' restaurant. Although the nights you'll be down will mean it's expensive, I personally think it's worth it, especially if you're catering for different tastes.

Archived