Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Basingstoke Fox

Bournemouth Away - 01/02/2014 NOW SOLD OUT

Yeah, I'm after a pub for this, preferably one that will have Leicester fans in it.

You're probably better off heading to Boscombe high street, but I can't remember off the top of my head any pubs with Sky Sports down that way. Other than that, Litten Tree on Old Christchurch road will have it on and they have  big projector screens and TVs in the smoking area, but it's a good half hour walk to the ground. 

what's the mello mello bar like? sol. You have steve with you? 4 of us travelling from leicester sat morning and 4 locals, non of which support either club really, but are coming along for the ride!!

Haven't been in there to be honest! It's the only bar in Boscombe to allow away colours, and  it calls itself the home of away fans in Bournemouth. If its the pits, we can just pile into the Wetherspoons next door, but they don't allow away colours on match days. Steve will be with me yes! 

Theres 12 of us going in the Bournemouth end south stand, not going to put the block No on here.

I reckon there will be a lot of Leicester fans in the home end.

Is the South Stand the one adjacent to the away block ??

I think it's the south stand that a few of us have got tickets, reading this thread there does seem to be a lot of city fans in their end, don't think their fans are that bad, so hopefully we can watch the football and all passes peacefully.

South stand is their family season ticket stand if I remember rightly

Christchurch Road in Boscombe, there's a Spoons and the Mello Mello bar next door, 10 minute walk from the ground. 

Our hotel's on Christchurch Road so they'll be 8 of us in one of those 2  :beer:

The Wetherspoons on Boscombe High Street - Christchurch Rd - is the best away pub near to the ground. I'll be in there, but unfortunately sporting no colours due to where I'll be sitting

7 am start for me in the morning.........anyone else going tomorrow?

no we wanted too but the other halfs out paid to that.

we also can't get away until 9am sat morning now due to childcare problems.

guess despite wanting to take the diesel 1.6 for economys sake. It will be the st that we go in. Not sure how clean the driving license will be by the time we arrive!!!

I could be in trouble getting back. Getting the 17:38 train back, only it's a bus rather than a train due to maintenance works, and the bus is due to arrive in Southampton only 6 minutes before the train from Southampton to London... Can't see this ending well.

no we wanted too but the other halfs out paid to that.

we also can't get away until 9am sat morning now due to childcare problems.

guess despite wanting to take the diesel 1.6 for economys sake. It will be the st that we go in. Not sure how clean the driving license will be by the time we arrive!!!

You'll make it by midday, we do winchester to leicester in about 2 hours 10, and bmth is only 45 minutes further on. And we have 1.5 diesel!

Archived