Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Basingstoke Fox

Bournemouth Away - 01/02/2014 NOW SOLD OUT

Bought my rail tickets this morning a right rigmarole, spent the whole morning trying to split the tickets up to make it cheaper, it kept working out at £145 for me and my dad, however eventually i've managed to get it down to £90.60, though this includes me having to go through London! originally i was hoping to use the easier route which would have been change at Cov, but its too dear to get that way. I tell you what rail fare is ridiculous in this country, its like you get punished for not having a car! 

80s bar...drawing a blank to be honest.

Best places:

Aruba (Bournemouth Pier) - funk, bit of 80s, range of music. Wear shoes, expensiveish

1812 (nr Pier, opposite BIC) - lounge bar, always good for a few.

Bar so (next door to 1812) - nice girls, shit contemporary pop music.

Sixty Million Postcards - rock, indie, alternative. Pretty good.

Camel (Old Christchurch Road nr Walkabout and other shit bars). Open until 6am - 3 styles of music, and you can smoke shish and eat mixed kebabs until close!

Vodka Revolutions (Old Christchurch Road, just up from Camel) - you know the score...standard. 

Daisy O'Briens - good little Irish pub in town centre.

O'Neills - standard, and ok. On Lansdowne Roundabout.

Whatever you do, do not drink anywhere near the Goldsands. It's in Boscombe, a few miles up the road from Bournemouth town centre. Proper shithole and full home drug dens, halfway houses , whore houses and pretty rough home pubs. Most hotels are on the East Cliff, which is between the town centre and Boscombe. But I'd suggest staying in the town centre for matchday beers    :thumbup: e.g. O'Neills on the Lansdowne roundabout is on the edge of the town centre, and probably the closest decent pub I'd advise drinking in. Also a short walk from the train station.

I'm a member, so will have to wait until 27th Jan or whenever it is I'm eligible. Doesn't look good, but they never sell out, so may have to go in the home end  :(

Thanks this is very helpful.

I'm up shit creek without a paddle - live here, and my membership can't get me a ticket!

Home end it is, in the block next to the away fans - sorted. If anyone is wearing an item of blue clothing in that block, don't abuse them  :thumbup:

Do you need a Bournemouth post code for that?

Nope. At least it worked smoothly for me personally - the booking and purchasing process is rather easy online. 

They say that if they're under the impression that you're an away supporter, they have the right to deny you tickets or eject you if need be. 

Archived