Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
C-man

Birmingham Away - NOW SOLD OUT

Any reason I can't select more than 1 ticket on the site? 

It isn't yet general sale. Ladies and gentlemen - our new priority system.

EDIT; Turns out it is from today. Despite me being wrong it's still a system that needs sorting. 5 days of general sale is ridiculous.

Broad St and Brindley Place have loads of bars to drink in.

In the City Centre off New St you have Post Office Vaults which, as people have said, is a great little boozer. Great selection of real ale and you can take in your own food. Also, Sun on the Hill, Briar Rose, The Wellington and Trochedero are all decent.

I wouldn't bother with going to the pubs directly by the ground but about a 15min walk away is Digbeth and they have a lot of good real ale pubs. The oldest pub in Birmingham is also there called 'The Old Crown', (my local) which will be friendly enough and does a few ales, craft beer and nice food. 

From my memory last year, most tended to drink in the Briar Rose off New St. 5 mins from the station.

All good suggestions, Broad Street though I actually think is a bit poor now, Brindley Place across the street has destroyed it, brilliant little area though, just start in the Brasshouse and work your way through.

Post Office Vaults is a cracker, some superb ciders in there and a real drinkers pub.

I stayed at a new hotel last time a went near the Jewellery quarter, ended up having a few late ones in a right little shithole boozer called The Hen and Chickens, proper spit and sawdust but great for live sport.

All good suggestions, Broad Street though I actually think is a bit poor now, Brindley Place across the street has destroyed it, brilliant little area though, just start in the Brasshouse and work your way through.

Post Office Vaults is a cracker, some superb ciders in there and a real drinkers pub.

I stayed at a new hotel last time a went near the Jewellery quarter, ended up having a few late ones in a right little shithole boozer called The Hen and Chickens, proper spit and sawdust but great for live sport.

Mate an Indian family have taken over The Hen and Chickens now. They've left it completely as it was, same regulars, beer, decor, live sport etc but you can get a cracking curry for about £5 anytime of day. It's brilliant. It's just too hard to turn one down after a few beers.

i googled mapped new street to the ground, Came up as 4.3 miles, do people just jump into a taxi? then taxi back to the station afterwards? 

Not sure where you googled to and from but it's nowhere near 4 miles. 2 miles and easily walkable if you''ve got time. Give yourself 30mins and you'll easily do it.

Just got 15, surely we will get another allocation if we sell the 2,500 allocation.

Nope. Full allocation is 2,544.

I don't think they want a repeat of the other week where they kept having to move the segregation.

But it's true dan.....

Brum boys would moan like **** if we bought 500 tickets in there end

I went a few years back

Sunday match on tv..matt mills sent off

We took 2500 then

Top of the league...3.5-4k

Give us more tickets brum

We took absolutely shite to that game, was about 1,200 although I wish I'd never bothered, it was depressing.

Ah well. Still a good number.

In a business which mercifully makes as much money as possible by any means, it's sheer lunacy they don't want the opportunity to sell another 500-1000 tickets. So many people will miss out not realizing there would be a problem getting a ticket. Ridiculous.

This has annoyed me enough to make a rare post, rather than just lurking...

We took approx. 4,000 last year, Forest took 3,500 a few weeks ago, and with our current form and position it's obvious we are likely to take similar numbers again.  Birmingham are absolutely skint and seperate for money, especially with Zigic on £60,000 a week.  There's no way they would want to lose out on the extra ticket sales.  They could allocate the whole of the Railway End if they wanted to.  The away allocation is certainly not limited to 2,500.

I suspect what' happened here, and something I've noticed recently, is that the reduced allocation is due to someone at the Leicester end.  We don't make any money from selling away tickets, and the more they have to sell, the more hassle it is for the club.  I suspect that Birmingham have given the club some options as to the maximum number of tickets, and someone has said "2,500 will be enough", at which point Birmingham have presumably started selling some tickets on the other side of the segregation line meaning it can't now be moved.

Another example is Bournemouth.  Several clubs have had over 1400 tickets and yet we got 1300 and that's it, all sold out immediately and we're getting no more. It's only 100 tickets but the principle's the same.  It's clear that more tickets could and should be available but it looks like LCFC has settled for the default allocation with no consideration of how many people would subsequently miss out.  I got tickets for both those games early on, but I'd still like to be part of as big an away following as possible, and it annoys me to see the unnessessary difficulties that people have in geting tickets.

Away tickets barely get a mention on the website, never mentioned over the tannoy, the away ticket info page contains hardly any info and is often out of date, and away tickets on LCFC direct is a shambles (e.g. if you try and buy tickets for 2 people then on the screen it allocates the same seat number for both people).  Also, one of the most convenient ways of buying away tickets, i.e. popping into the ticket office before a game, is no longer an option because they no longer sell any tickets (other than for the game on that day) before a game.  Therefore, after queuing up or about 20 mins at the club shop you're then told you have to come back and queue up again after the game. 

I like the new priority scheme, meaning it can be tailered based on the allocation and likely demand, and people's priority can rise on on ongoing basis rather than being based on the previous season.  However, why are tickets seemingly on sale for weeks to the small number people with a high priority, but the lower priority or general sale tickets on sale just a few days before the game, causing a frantic scramble for tickets?  Maybe the slow rate of sales during the first couple of weeks of sale (the higher priority period) is influencing the estimates for overall sales, and is maybe why they are underestimating demand.  The whole process of away tickets just needs a dose of common sense applied to it.

Has anyone tried to email fanzone (is that what it's called?) to get an explanation of what has happened with the limited away allocations recently, and what exactly the clubs policy is on it?

Archived