Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

6 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Decided to finally look into Cyberpunk. Now ive heard that all the bugs and rubbish gameplay have been ironed out i hear its an incredible game. Started it last night but found myself nodding off. Just too tired. I literally played 10 mins and thought sod this.

Anybody got any early game tips or things i should be aware of?

I put my skill points into intelligence and stealth. Normally find myself naturally going for these skills in all of these types of games. The ability to hack and Lockpick is just too good to leave alone

You're a console peasant yeh?

29 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Haha yes, i do have a custom PC that my cousin gave me but i never use it. I really should use it more

Ah, shame. There's a mod for the PC version that basically gives you infinite re-specs. Lets you **** around with different builds on the same run-through. 

Started the O.G. FF7 yesterday. Also downloaded 9 and 12 from PS Plus as they're all leaving PS Plus next month. Owned 9 and 12 back in the day but never finished either, hopefully with modifiers it'll get me through a bit easier. :ph34r:

55 minutes ago, Libertine said:

Started the O.G. FF7 yesterday. Also downloaded 9 and 12 from PS Plus as they're all leaving PS Plus next month. Owned 9 and 12 back in the day but never finished either, hopefully with modifiers it'll get me through a bit easier. :ph34r:

After playing rebirth ive been tempted to replay these again. Though i did all 3 of them about 2 years ago. They are all just great games that i dont think ill ever get bored of

• Like 1

Played a little bit more of cyberpunk. Still barely scratched the surface but early thoughts are that I'm not sold on the combat. Just feels clunky when shooting. 

But it might just be me needing to get the hang of it. I'm sure it's a game I will enjoy and I keep telling myself not to be too critical of it when I barely played an hour.

22 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Played 18 holes on road to the masters free on game pass was actually pretty relaxing and enjoyable lol 

I wasnt to keen on it. Probably all the Tiger Woods games over the years has distorted my view. Graphics top notch though.

Immortals of Aveum.  Ended up grinding it out for a few hours and stuck with it to get most of the top loot and managed to overcome the main boss in the first fight and everything that came after it.  Still tough though.

As for the game itself, reviews are harsh imo, it's not a bad game at all.   @kingcarr21 add it to your list! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Cyberpunk, Thought i would just go wandering around, getting myself into trouble and practice a bit more with the gameplay. Ended up throwing grenades by accident way to many times lol

Now ive started to progress the story im getting a real good feel for the game, its quite impressive the level of detail there is. Not too sure on the upgrade side of things as i dont think it explains it very well just what each section means. Ill prob just spend some time studying it.

The hacking side of things is interesting, my early upgrade points ive put into Ram recharge rate and getting more Ram. These sorts of games i always end up playing stealthy so will focus on that to begin with. Also keeping an eye out for the recommended Double jump.

Early thoughts are quite promising. Though im not too keen on the driving mechanic 

2 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Cyberpunk, Thought i would just go wandering around, getting myself into trouble and practice a bit more with the gameplay. Ended up throwing grenades by accident way to many times lol

Now ive started to progress the story im getting a real good feel for the game, its quite impressive the level of detail there is. Not too sure on the upgrade side of things as i dont think it explains it very well just what each section means. Ill prob just spend some time studying it.

The hacking side of things is interesting, my early upgrade points ive put into Ram recharge rate and getting more Ram. These sorts of games i always end up playing stealthy so will focus on that to begin with. Also keeping an eye out for the recommended Double jump.

Early thoughts are quite promising. Though im not too keen on the driving mechanic 

For your upgrades and mods and all that I would probably have a look online for some builds especially if you have an idea of how you will be playing

• Like 1

On 17/04/2024 at 11:45, Libertine said:

OG 7 I still adore to this day.

9 I appreciated more on a more recent replay than I did at the time but was still part of the golden era.

12 unfortunately was a missed opportunity. It starts well but ends up dragging. If anyone tells me they didn’t finish 12 my reaction is that I’m not surprised and suggest that you likely gave up on the road to Arcadia. To which I honestly assert that you’ve seen all the best parts.

14 minutes ago, Thefox81 said:

Ff10 was great with Wakka and Lulu plus others. Felt connected to the story and found myself not skipping the dialouge which i normally do.

I remember some people weren’t keen but I liked it. 7 was my first, then through to 10 really was the golden era.

• Like 1

Just now, Dunge said:

I remember some people weren’t keen but I liked it. 7 was my first, then through to 10 really was the golden era.

Agree totally. Might be one for the unpopular opinions thread in gen chat but i think Ff10 was my favourite out of them all with Ff7 a close 2nd.

Unpopular opinion, but FF8 > FF7 & 9. Although all 3 PS1 era games are absolute classics, all of which I LOVE, I dunno... I just connected with 8 more. Maybe because I was an angsty teen at the time. Probably completed it like 5 times, and I mean like 100%. Every time I hear that Balamb Garden music, it just gives me the biggest, happiest nostalgia hit. 

9 is often forgotten about sadly but absolutely worth a play. 

10 is obviously great, but the voice acting hasn't aged particularly well. 

12 sucks a biggun' in comparison IMO. They went way too early with the open world approach. 

Edited by RoboFox

8 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

It took me hours to figure out the upgrade systems. It's not explained at all, especially since it was almost completely reworked from the original release. 

The driving is pretty cack. Probably the worst thing about the game IMO which is a shame because they're modelled so well inside and out. Bikes are unusable, they just feel absolutely terrible. Cars are better but overall, they massively missed the mark on the vehicle physics.

Edited by RoboFox

13 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Unpopular opinion, but FF8 > FF7 & 9. Although all 3 PS1 era games are absolute classics, all of which I LOVE, I dunno... I just connected with 8 more. Maybe because I was an angsty teen at the time. Probably completed it like 5 times, and I mean like 100%. Every time I hear that Balamb Garden music, it just gives me the biggest, happiest nostalgia hit. 

12 sucks a biggun' in comparison IMO. They went way too early with the open world approach. 

Mostly agree with this. For me FF8 was just so good, i loved the junctioning system. The story was great and the card game was peak.

FF12, as said above, was a game i stopped playing when i first had it. I just remember getting to a certain point and being incredibly bored. Years later i gave it another go (last year) and quite enjoyed it. It doesnt hit the same as 7-10 but still a worthwhile FF game to play.

I dont think i can put 7-10 in any sort of order from worst to best. They all have great things about them.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Mostly agree with this. For me FF8 was just so good, i loved the junctioning system. The story was great and the card game was peak.

FF12, as said above, was a game i stopped playing when i first had it. I just remember getting to a certain point and being incredibly bored. Years later i gave it another go (last year) and quite enjoyed it. It doesnt hit the same as 7-10 but still a worthwhile FF game to play.

I dont think i can put 7-10 in any sort of order from worst to best. They all have great things about them.

I'd go with that.  FF12 I stopped playing too - never did go back to it to finish it off.  Since 12, 16 is the best one imo although I still feel they could have done more with the setting and overall gameplay experience as it was way too easy for a FF game.  Cid in 16 is a brilliant character, something which has been lacking since Auron in FFX.

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

I know someone who would agree with you on 8. I loved it at the time, although I’d put it about level with 9 and 10 these days. 7 remains the undisputed king for me though.

I played 16, it was very adult and had some very different and serious themes. Certainly it’s the best new one in ages. I didn’t really enjoy the gameplay but the voice acting was very strong.

• Like 1