Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

Still on Rebirth, over 50 hours in, still loving it. I wasnt expecting this game to be so long, i was expecting like a 25 hour experience, but i still have a bit to go.

Even though i am playing on easy mode, and the battles are not difficult. I think it was a good decision as i am starting to see different ways to set up making me want to play through on a harder difficulty.

I find if i am struggling too much with a game i tend to fall out of love with it. This way i have slowly built up my skill level. Like right now i am levelling up materia and not even using it i am just levelling up things for fun. It will make a hard play through much more enjoyable when i have the background knowledge on what i need to do.

One thing i think they have done a good job with, even though each area has similar tasks to do, the layout and use of chocobo is different, which just gives it a nice mixture. So i dont feel like its a huge rinse and repeat. Cosmo Canyon was an enjoyable challenge.

4 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Still on Rebirth, over 50 hours in, still loving it. I wasnt expecting this game to be so long, i was expecting like a 25 hour experience, but i still have a bit to go.

Even though i am playing on easy mode, and the battles are not difficult. I think it was a good decision as i am starting to see different ways to set up making me want to play through on a harder difficulty.

I find if i am struggling too much with a game i tend to fall out of love with it. This way i have slowly built up my skill level. Like right now i am levelling up materia and not even using it i am just levelling up things for fun. It will make a hard play through much more enjoyable when i have the background knowledge on what i need to do.

One thing i think they have done a good job with, even though each area has similar tasks to do, the layout and use of chocobo is different, which just gives it a nice mixture. So i dont feel like its a huge rinse and repeat. Cosmo Canyon was an enjoyable challenge.

I don’t know how people are being so quick with it. I’m over 70 hours in now and just finished the main story part of Gongaga. Cosmo Canyon next, but only after I’ve mucked around for a bit longer with some quests and exploration.

This game is incredible though. Goofy in places, emotional in places, controversial in places, all with threads left to be pulled. Goodness knows what they’re going to do with the ending of it, let alone the final part of the trilogy.

I’ve been looking forward to this game for years. I reserve the right to change my mind at the ending (which feels like it could go a number of ways right now, and that adds to the drama) but so far it’s arguably even surpassing my expectations. Plus the voice acting is great, particularly from the main cast.

14 minutes ago, Dunge said:

I don’t know how people are being so quick with it. I’m over 70 hours in now and just finished the main story part of Gongaga. Cosmo Canyon next, but only after I’ve mucked around for a bit longer with some quests and exploration.

This game is incredible though. Goofy in places, emotional in places, controversial in places, all with threads left to be pulled. Goodness knows what they’re going to do with the ending of it, let alone the final part of the trilogy.

I’ve been looking forward to this game for years. I reserve the right to change my mind at the ending (which feels like it could go a number of ways right now, and that adds to the drama) but so far it’s arguably even surpassing my expectations. Plus the voice acting is great, particularly from the main cast.

I agree with everything you have said. I do hope they stick with the original story (we all know what this means) but i have a feeling they are going to change how the story plays out. Which i dont know what to make of that. But i wont pass judgement until its done.

I still remember the reveal of FF7 Remake and the internet crashed big time. Ever since that moment i have wanted to play this. Im delighted with how Rebirth has turned out so far.

Yuffie cracks me up lol 

27 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

I agree with everything you have said. I do hope they stick with the original story (we all know what this means) but i have a feeling they are going to change how the story plays out. Which i dont know what to make of that. But i wont pass judgement until its done.

I still remember the reveal of FF7 Remake and the internet crashed big time. Ever since that moment i have wanted to play this. Im delighted with how Rebirth has turned out so far.

Yuffie cracks me up lol 

I was very mean to Yuffie on the path down from Mt. Corel but it was so funny I couldn’t resist.

• Haha 1

On 14/03/2024 at 17:31, Suzie the Fox said:

Bought Palworld today :D 

Anyone played it ? 

Yup. I really enjoyed it and look forward to where the game goes. Hopefully the insane amounts of money they have generated make a game as long lasting as Minecraft. So much potential there. 

• Like 1

So I am now at the end of rebirth. Plan to finish it tomorrow. 

I only had 1 side quest left to do when I decided to go to the final area. Couldn't be bothered to try It. 

If I can keep my materia going into a hard mode I may just go straight into it. 

I just hope they make the final installment just as long, though I'm trying to think from the OG what was left from the story. I feel like they have tackled most of the story in Rebirth

FF7 Rebirth final chapter. As much as I want to finish it I need to sleep lol. It's the moment I've been waiting for. If they nail this moment then the game is a roaring success. 

70 hours of absolute enjoyment. It just makes me want to play the original all over again.

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

Rebirth finished, brilliant every step of the way. Bring on the final game.

I’m still dithering around Cosmo Canyon. Reckon I’ve gone around 100 hours now. lol

13 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Rebirth finished, brilliant every step of the way. Bring on the final game.

I don't know how you do it in the time!  I've not even bought it yet and am only 15 hours into Tales of Arise since you started it!  lol

I'll get round to it, probably in the summer break at this rate.  

The new Dragon's Dogma is brilliant. People pissing on it due to the hideous micro transactions that Capcom have previously slipped into Monster Hunter. Just don't buy the things and it's fine. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

The new Dragon's Dogma is brilliant. People pissing on it due to the hideous micro transactions that Capcom have previously slipped into Monster Hunter. Just don't buy the things and it's fine. 

Not being able to start a new game without considerable ****ing around with the game files, not having fast travel without micro transactions and making people pay to change elements of their character appearance (especially considering the first point) is massively scummy though. Especially having just seen Larian's approach to games development and publishing. 

Micro transactions to buy premium cosmetics and the like yeah whatever, I don't care. 

But these are just basic, standard quality of life features in any modern game that Capcom have the audacity to try and charge for when their base game is over fifty quid. I'm sorry but this is one of the biggest launch balls ups since CDPR let people preorder millions of copies of Cyberpunk on Xbox one and PS4 before letting people realise it basically isn't compatible with those machines. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zear0 said:

If it was just the MTX people were complaining about I might agree but given the absence of really basic quality of life features (can you even call the ability to start a new game a quality of life feature?) and the performance apparently being pretty rank on everything from consoles to the highest of high-end PCs, it sounds like it deserves at least a bit of piss. I think it's reasonable to expect your full price single-player game not to run so badly that it's giving people motion sickness or to arrive riddled with microtransactions, however inessential they are.

It is very funny however that a couple of months ago its director was saying that if your game needs fast travel then it's "boring", and now it's seemingly so vital to his game that Capcom expect people will want to pay for it.

There was a notable difference in MTX between Resident Evil 2 and 4 Remakes as well, they went from a single DLC to unlock all the bonus weapons in RE2, to selling an individual "Golden Ticket" DL to upgrade 1 weapon in RE4, along with bundles of multiple tickets. So there's defintely a direction of travel where they are ramping up this kind of thing at Capcom.

21 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Not being able to start a new game without considerable ****ing around with the game files, not having fast travel without micro transactions and making people pay to change elements of their character appearance (especially considering the first point) is massively scummy though. Especially having just seen Larian's approach to games development and publishing. 

Micro transactions to buy premium cosmetics and the like yeah whatever, I don't care. 

But these are just basic, standard quality of life features in any modern game that Capcom have the audacity to try and charge for when their base game is over fifty quid. I'm sorry but this is one of the biggest launch balls ups since CDPR let people preorder millions of copies of Cyberpunk on Xbox one and PS4 before letting people realise it basically isn't compatible with those machines. 

Oh give over, it’s not that bad, none of these things has meaningfully impacted the game for me. What it provides, no other game does, it’s pretty special in my opinion.

And yes, I did start again. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

Dead Island 2 is a bit of daft fun. 

Just finished it yesterday with all achievements except for the DLC which im not paying for. Does get a tad easy when you have access to guns with high level mods and perks. But like you say good fun i enjoyed it.

16 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Oh give over, it’s not that bad, none of these things has meaningfully impacted the game for me. What it provides, no other game does, it’s pretty special in my opinion.

And yes, I did start again. :)

I didn't say it wasn't a good game. Cyberpunk is a brilliant game, one of my favourites in years, but nobody can argue CDPR dropped the ball considerably with its launch. 

DD2 could end up going down as one of the best rpgs of its generation, it's still an absolute PR disaster of a launch that was completely avoidable. 

You can hold more than one thought in your head at a time, you know. 

Edited by Finnegan

Just now, Finnegan said:

I didn't say it wasn't a bad game. Cyberpunk is a brilliant game, one of my favourites in years, but nobody can argue CDPR dropped the ball considerably with its launch. 

DD2 could end up going down as one of the best rpgs of its generation, it's still an absolute PR disaster of a launch that was completely avoidable. 

No.

Just now, Finnegan said:

I didn't say it wasn't a bad game. Cyberpunk is a brilliant game, one of my favourites in years, but nobody can argue CDPR dropped the ball considerably with its launch. 

Yes. Wow, seems you can. Amazeballs.

Edited by Dahnsouff