Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

6 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Incredibly jealous of those playing FF7 again. 

Really wish they'd remake all of the classic PS1 era games. 7, 8, 9. Although Square have pretty much categorically said that they won't as it's too much of an undertaking. 

Let's hope that after the success of FF7 that they might just be convinced to do another remake. Would love a FF8 remake just for Doomtrain

15 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Let's hope that after the success of FF7 that they might just be convinced to do another remake. Would love a FF8 remake just for Doomtrain

I know it’s the awkward angsty middle child of the three, but it’s also probably my favourite FF, and one of my most beloved games. People hated the junction system, but it was one of the best game mechanics they ever conceived IMO.

• Like 1

Just finished chapter 2 after doing as much side quests as possible. Really getting in it. Starting to really get to grips with the battle system (on the easy setting however) 

The music is so good. 

• Like 2

So im 12 hours in. I thought i would end up flying through this game but ive only just got to Junon. I quite like the additional things you can do on the map with the ultimate goal of gaining another Summon materia. But if you cant be bothered you can just plough through the main story. So it works for all types of players, those who like to explore at do everything and those who cant be bothered and just want to get through the story.

I still find myself smiling all the time whilst playing, still love it when you win a fight and Barrett sings the victory song. 

• Haha 1

Just finished the gold saucer. This is fast becoming one of the most enjoyable games I've ever played. They have absolutely nailed it 

I remember when FF7 remake was first announced and it broke the internet. I feared they would ruin it. But Remake was a brilliant game and Rebirth is just on a whole new level.

I don't want this to end. I'm also wondering at what point in the story does Rebirth get to. I've seen some trailers which gives me an idea of where this game will finish. I just pray they get the final installment right. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Just finished the gold saucer. This is fast becoming one of the most enjoyable games I've ever played. They have absolutely nailed it 

I remember when FF7 remake was first announced and it broke the internet. I feared they would ruin it. But Remake was a brilliant game and Rebirth is just on a whole new level.

I don't want this to end. I'm also wondering at what point in the story does Rebirth get to. I've seen some trailers which gives me an idea of where this game will finish. I just pray they get the final installment right. 

I just can’t believe the scale of it. I keep getting to new areas and am baffled at how much there is to explore. I never played the original but am loving it so far.

36 minutes ago, Libertine said:

I just can’t believe the scale of it. I keep getting to new areas and am baffled at how much there is to explore. I never played the original but am loving it so far.

That's a real shame you didnt get to experience the original just for context.

As if you played the original now it most likely just wouldnt hit you the same way it did me as a child.

Though saying that if you dont know how the story goes then to experience this story in such a superior way that's also an absolute treat.

Even so i would absolutely recommend playing the original.

5 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

That's a real shame you didnt get to experience the original just for context.

As if you played the original now it most likely just wouldnt hit you the same way it did me as a child.

Though saying that if you dont know how the story goes then to experience this story in such a superior way that's also an absolute treat.

Even so i would absolutely recommend playing the original.

Are the remakes and the original like for like, or have the the remakes gone in their own direction?

49 minutes ago, Amin said:

Are the remakes and the original like for like, or have the the remakes gone in their own direction?

The game is mostly like for like. 

FF7 Remake focused solely on Midgar, they extended this section of the game in the remake to bulk it out. But if you played the original you would see the resemblances, but it doesn't take 40 hours to get out of Midgar in the original.

Then with Rebirth and the open world, there is a lot more to do in terms of side quests, but the general story of following the black robes, catching up to Sephiroth, Shinra, Junon, and everything after that (wont say too much) is like for like.

FF7 is just a masterpiece in storytelling and likeable characters. The fact that Remake and Rebirth improve the amazing story and improve the likeable characters just makes me fall in love with Final Fantasy all over again

• Like 1

Just started Tales of Arise having finished FFXVI.  Enjoyed the story of 16 and its open interpretation at the end.  I'm leaving it there though at 70 hours playtime and can't be bothered with another run through to pick up the platinum.  That's me done on 16.

Tales of Arise is decent, the demo was good as I almost picked it up on release.  Might platinum this one, only one playthrough needed, 70 hours.  

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Just started Tales of Arise having finished FFXVI.  Enjoyed the story of 16 and its open interpretation at the end.  I'm leaving it there though at 70 hours playtime and can't be bothered with another run through to pick up the platinum.  That's me done on 16.

Tales of Arise is decent, the demo was good as I almost picked it up on release.  Might platinum this one, only one playthrough needed, 70 hours.  

I got the platinum for it. From what i remember of the game i was very impressed with the graphics and the battle system. Some of the finishing moves are crisp and smooth.

It took me a while to recognise the voice of the character Law. Its the guy who voices Eren Jaeger (Attack on Titan) and also Meliodas (Seven Deadly Sins) So that made really enjoy playing as Law.

• Like 1

Helldivers 2.... A lot of fun to be fair! Chaos! 

If anyone ever wants to team up on that (or any other game to be fair on ps5) then feel free to add me - tadders86 

Edited by syston_fox

On 10/03/2024 at 01:28, kingcarr21 said:

Rebirth just keeps getting better and better. I don't want it to end. Tempted to go straight into another play through on Hard mode. It really makes me want to see FF8 Remake. Doubt they will do it

I'd love to see an VIII and IX remake. The PS1 classics plus X are peak Final Fantasy but the PS2 era games still hold up pretty well.

But they've all but said that the FF7 remake was so massive that wouldn't be doing another. 

On 10/03/2024 at 16:21, whoareyaaa said:

Hell Let Loose, WW2 online multiplayer free on games pass, I think its quite good but still getting used to it and keep getting killed to easily.

I've tried this recently. It's pretty solid once you get your head around the game mechanics, and a welcome change of pace from tired dogshit like CoD. 

It's brutal though. I'll sometimes just spend entire games just dying repeatedly. Usually from some invisible player about a mile away. 

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

I've tried this recently. It's pretty solid once you get your head around the game mechanics, and a welcome change of pace from tired dogshit like CoD. 

It's brutal though. And hard. I'll sometimes just spend entire games just dying repeatedly. Usually from some invisible player about a mile away. 

Yea that's why I enjoyed it as its a bit more slower paced than COD and the game play, graphics are great... like you say I need to get my head around the mechanics as keep dying from someone miles away.

20 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Yea that's why I enjoyed it as its a bit more slower paced than COD and the game play, graphics are great... like you say I need to get my head around the mechanics as keep dying from someone miles away.

I want to play this but heard it's rock solid 

43 hours into Rebirth, at Cosmo Canyon. Just exploring all the map and doing as much as i can before moving on with the story. Managed to avoid all spoilers so i have no idea how this ends (within reason of course) or how it sets up the final installment. 

All i know is that i am loving reliving the FF7 story and i am loving all the additional stuff to do.  

• Like 1