Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

Yes, I unintentionally posted a double negative and immediately corrected it. 

It doesn't really change the meaning of my post to be honest, the meaning was clear, I'm not really sure what you're trying to say to be honest, other than just deflect. 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yes, I unintentionally posted a double negative and immediately corrected it. 

It doesn't really change the meaning of my post to be honest, the meaning was clear, I'm not really sure what you're trying to say to be honest, other than just deflect. 

I did not notice tbh, I was too busy being a twat, so don't mind me.

Its a good game, it just seems to suffer from an internet pile on which is not uncommon for seeming successful games with foibles I suppose.

1 hour ago, Thefox81 said:

Just finished it yesterday with all achievements except for the DLC which im not paying for. Does get a tad easy when you have access to guns with high level mods and perks. But like you say good fun i enjoyed it.

Yeah I'm not far off and don't feel inclined to play the DLC. Thoroughly enjoyed it TBH. My only criticisms being that it does get a bit repetitive and the respawn rate of the zombies and loot is ridiculous and leaves you feeling like you're never really "completing" areas. 

It's easily the goriest game I've ever played. lol

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I did not notice tbh, I was too busy being a twat, so don't mind me.

Its a good game, it just seems to suffer from an internet pile on which is not uncommon for seeming successful games with foibles I suppose.

I'm sorry but this is a bit of an under statement. 

Capcom aren't getting battered because they released it with some bugs or a bit unfinished (although there have been moans about its optimisation.)

They're getting bashed for their business practices which are, in this case, extremely poor. They're obviously going to get comparisons to Larian and BG3 as well given the timing of the launch and they are paragons in the industry. 

The games industry is hitting quite a significant time really where the behaviour of leading publishers is getting increasingly toxic at a time when the indie scene is really thriving and a lot of gamers are becoming aware that they don't have to tolerate shit like this. 

My point about having two thoughts in your head is that you can like the game Dragons Dogma 2 but still accept there's no reason those QOL features couldn't have been in the £50 base game and that Capcom deserve all of the criticism they're getting right now for how they've handled this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I'm sorry but this is a bit of an under statement. 

Capcom aren't getting battered because they released it with some bugs or a bit unfinished (although there have been moans about its optimisation.)

They're getting bashed for their business practices which are, in this case, extremely poor. They're obviously going to get comparisons to Larian and BG3 as well given the timing of the launch and they are paragons in the industry. 

The games industry is hitting quite a significant time really where the behaviour of leading publishers is getting increasingly toxic at a time when the indie scene is really thriving and a lot of gamers are becoming aware that they don't have to tolerate shit like this. 

My point about having two thoughts in your head is that you can like the game Dragons Dogma 2 but still accept there's no reason those QOL features couldn't have been in the £50 base game and that Capcom deserve all of the criticism they're getting right now for how they've handled this. 

Not saying I disagree, but DD2 is not so different different than many other games even those from Capcom, yet seems to have gathered a far larger storm because of the same issues.

Do agree though that releasing before its truly finished even the nonsense early access cop out grates, but even then there is a time and a place for such behaviours on smaller studio's, but it is not from a AAA studio. 

11 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not saying I disagree, but DD2 is not so different different than many other games even those from Capcom, yet seems to have gathered a far larger storm because of the same issues.

Do agree though that releasing before its truly finished even the nonsense early access cop out grates, but even then there is a time and a place for such behaviours on smaller studio's, but it is not from a AAA studio. 

I dunno, last major AAA release to have this much cynical cash grabbing was Suicide Squad and that got absolutely slaughtered. 

But Capcom blundered a few times recently, they put out a character designer app before launch which everybody loved to build hype and then they launched the game with no way to change your character appearance without micro transactions. 

They also told players that only shit games have fast travel in them and then put fast travel in that you have to pay a micro transaction for lol

There's levels of PR bungle and they've gone big and hard. 

But a lot of it is a compliment I suppose, the reaction is proportionate to the hopes people had for the game. The first game was a real cult classic that's beloved and the second came with a lot of hopes and hypes. The bigger the hype the bigger the criticism when you pull this shit. 

In fairness, I've seen nobody say it's a bad game other than a few guys - possibly mostly on AMD - complain that it runs a little bit poorly. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Thefox81 said:

Just started on Ni No Kuni Wrath of the White Witch. Like it so far as its a JRPG. Not disimilar to dragon quest.

Brilliant game. I highly recommend Ni No Kuni 2. I was addicted to that game. Good game to platinum.

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

Brilliant game. I highly recommend Ni No Kuni 2. I was addicted to that game. Good game to platinum.

Going to do that after as their both on game pass. Keep me busy for a while

Edited by Thefox81
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I dunno, last major AAA release to have this much cynical cash grabbing was Suicide Squad and that got absolutely slaughtered. 

But Capcom blundered a few times recently, they put out a character designer app before launch which everybody loved to build hype and then they launched the game with no way to change your character appearance without micro transactions. 

They also told players that only shit games have fast travel in them and then put fast travel in that you have to pay a micro transaction for lol

There's levels of PR bungle and they've gone big and hard. 

But a lot of it is a compliment I suppose, the reaction is proportionate to the hopes people had for the game. The first game was a real cult classic that's beloved and the second came with a lot of hopes and hypes. The bigger the hype the bigger the criticism when you pull this shit. 

In fairness, I've seen nobody say it's a bad game other than a few guys - possibly mostly on AMD - complain that it runs a little bit poorly. 

the MTX in the game are for morons and im not sure why people are getting upset on their behalf. 

you can change your character appearance, in game, for a in game fee or using and in game item you obtain in game. you dont need to buy the MTX. 

you can fast travel in game using ferry stones you get as rewards or buy in game with in game money. you dont need to buy the MTX

you get handed gaol keys like candy, it seems they are everywhere, its the least secure "jail" in gaming history. if you're paying 89p to get out, you're a ****ing idiot. 

i have earned everything in game that you can buy on the store, its not even that hard. and all store purchases are single use, you cant repeat buy them, which makes  them DLC, not MTX. 

ANYWAY. besides all that, its runs like hot shit on pc, i spent a day making it work which is way more insulting in 2024 after baldurs gate etc that we get games in that shite state?

why could i not make a new save once i learned the game a bit like i usually do? im stuck with this guy forever until NG+?

the game is really good fun its just a shame they made these mistakes. 

by the way, i agree that a $70 single player game should not have MTX of any kind, but ubisoft do it all the time and we dont get pile ons like this. capcom is an easy target it seems.

16 minutes ago, Beliall said:

but ubisoft do it all the time and we dont get pile ons like this. capcom is an easy target it seems

Like I said, it's expectation. 

Nobody expects anything from Ubisoft, they're essentially a meme at this point. 

Where as DD2 has had a cult fanbase excited for it like BG3 did for a long time now and people were hyped as hell. You're obviously going to get a bigger reaction when that happens. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Like I said, it's expectation. 

Nobody expects anything from Ubisoft, they're essentially a meme at this point. 

Where as DD2 has had a cult fanbase excited for it like BG3 did for a long time now and people were hyped as hell. You're obviously going to get a bigger reaction when that happens. 

thats a fair point

• Like 1

Playing Dragons Dogma 2 of course * :D

* when I get a chance due to the boy playing Warframe with his mates.

Now I've finished Rebirth I'm kind of in a lull on what to play next. 

Been playing F1 2023. Decent enough but I need a game to grip me. Keep scrolling through the games on PS Plus but nothing jumps out.

Last time I asked for a recommendation I was given Sea of Stars, which I loved. So I'm going to ask again, any recommendations out there?

For anyone looking for something on PS Plus to play I would highly recommend Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney. I've loved those games for years and I'm the only person I know who has played them. Some of the cases are absolute corkers 

23 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Been playing F1 2023. Decent enough but I need a game to grip me. Keep scrolling through the games on PS Plus but nothing jumps out.

Last time I asked for a recommendation I was given Sea of Stars, which I loved. So I'm going to ask again, any recommendations out there?

For anyone looking for something on PS Plus to play I would highly recommend Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney. I've loved those games for years and I'm the only person I know who has played them. Some of the cases are absolute corkers 

It's not out just yet but have you tried the Stellar Blade demo?  Plays and looks well :ph34r:

Started FF7 Remake again as only played it once in 2020 and craving more of the gang after Rebirth. Not played Yuffie's side story either so that'll be completely new.

Also downloaded the demo for Stellar Blade.

I'm early doors with Diablo 4 on gamepass. Enjoying it so far. Looks like it got a fair bit of stick on reviews, but I'm yet to be upset by anything in it.

Must say gamepass has had a good few months in terms of game releases. Still (im)patiently waiting for the Crash, Spyro and Tony Hawks additions mind!

On 31/03/2024 at 17:14, kingcarr21 said:

Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth is the best game so far this year for me. Balatro and Classified France 44 come also really close to GOTY material. 

• Thanks 1

So, I used the play the sh*t outta the Battlefield games, but I always preferred the older ones where you could have bots fill up the sides.

Just happened to notice that BF 2042 was on for cheap and then came across a video showing that for the first time since BF 2142(almost 20 years ago) that you can play with bots.

Lots of fun for people like me, who hate playing shooters against other people :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, syston_fox said:

Spider-Man 2…. Absolute masterpiece. Not many games I’ll platinum but always will with these ones

My mate has just finished this without playing the others and he said he loved it. I’ve completed the first one and half way through the Miles one so deffo will pick this up later in the year. 

5 hours ago, syston_fox said:

Spider-Man 2…. Absolute masterpiece. Not many games I’ll platinum but always will with these ones

Top quality. 

I'm close to another lego platinum (Jurassic World on PS+) but, as always, the final stretch is testing my patience.  Fingers crossed a glitch doesn't wreck it as there have been a couple I've managed to work around thoughout the game.  Taken close to 40 hours at this point.

Apart from that I've had to buy a new controller as Pressure Washer Simulator killed my thumbsticks.  Never again will I play that game lol

12 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Dragon’s Dogma 2, true ending and chicken ending done, what a game.  :appl:

Just got back from my hols so had to pause it whilst away. Had a good few hours at it last night and it's just so good. Not even close to finishing it I suspect. 

• Like 1