Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

On 11/01/2019 at 11:40, Suzie the Fox said:

Rocket League, but damn its a lot harder than i was expecting :S 

On 11/01/2019 at 12:05, Fox92 said:

I bought this about a decade ago before it was rebranded. Still love it now. Some people are amazing at it though, the hours they must put in.

Used to binge my life away on RL before I moved to a place with criminally slow internet.  Great game, so addictive and you never feel like you're missing out competitively if you don't make microtransactions.  Never been especially good at it though, made a mockery of the ranking system that I had a pro badge by my name purely on the strength of punting and chasing it against even worse players than myself  :D 

I think @lifted*fox is mildly interested in Rocket League too.

22 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Haha, coming up on 8000 matches. 

I'm taking a break from it. I've hit a ceiling and I'm not prepared to put the hours in to push past it and become diamond level. I think Platinum 3 will be it for me. I play with mates who aren't quite up to that level and it's frustrating and makes me a bit toxic. So I've put it down for now and don't plan on going back any time soon.

Playing Yakuza 0 which is probably one of my favourite games of all time. Much more relaxing and fun atm. ?

23 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

Haha, coming up on 8000 matches. 

I'm taking a break from it. I've hit a ceiling and I'm not prepared to put the hours in to push past it and become diamond level. I think Platinum 3 will be it for me. I play with mates who aren't quite up to that level and it's frustrating and makes me a bit toxic. So I've put it down for now and don't plan on going back any time soon.

Playing Yakuza 0 which is probably one of my favourite games of all time. Much more relaxing and fun atm. ?

I was looking at this one, the girl with gun looks well pro, but quite old game now lol Not heard of Yakuza before but the preview video looks decent.  

Edited by Suzie the Fox

23 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I was looking at this one, the girl with gun looks well pro, but quite old game now lol Not heard of Yakuza before but the preview video looks decent.  

Get Yakuza 0, it's so good and so quirky and funny. The story is amazing, the combat is as complex as you want to make it (easy button mashing works and so does putting together combos). Loads of fun mini-games too. It's just a mish mash of fun. 

Edited by lifted*fox
  • Thanks 1

On ‎14‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 13:57, Carl the Llama said:

Used to binge my life away on RL before I moved to a place with criminally slow internet.  Great game, so addictive and you never feel like you're missing out competitively if you don't make microtransactions.  Never been especially good at it though, made a mockery of the ranking system that I had a pro badge by my name purely on the strength of punting and chasing it against even worse players than myself  :D 

Also play RL every now and again.

Absolutely dreadful at anything aerial, so I pretty much only ever play Snow Day which I'm reasonably okay at. Having a crappy internet connection which seems to skip a bit at least once or twice a game makes it frustrating, though.

Anxiety means I absolutely hate using mics - even with people I'm already comfortable with - so I've only played with randoms so far. Means its a mixed bag whether I get a decent game or absolute rubbish. Had the same issue back when Fortnite was my big thing.

Seem to struggle to really get into any story-based game nowadays, which sucks. Half-completed Mario Odyssey, Spyro and Pokemon Lets Go, so occasionally pick one of those up.

Far too addicted to Polytopia on mobile, though. Basically like Civ-lite, and I'm enjoying it even if it is a bit repetitive.

16 minutes ago, Xen said:

Also play RL every now and again.

Absolutely dreadful at anything aerial, so I pretty much only ever play Snow Day which I'm reasonably okay at. Having a crappy internet connection which seems to skip a bit at least once or twice a game makes it frustrating, though.

Anxiety means I absolutely hate using mics - even with people I'm already comfortable with - so I've only played with randoms so far. Means its a mixed bag whether I get a decent game or absolute rubbish. Had the same issue back when Fortnite was my big thing.

Seem to struggle to really get into any story-based game nowadays, which sucks. Half-completed Mario Odyssey, Spyro and Pokemon Lets Go, so occasionally pick one of those up.

Far too addicted to Polytopia on mobile, though. Basically like Civ-lite, and I'm enjoying it even if it is a bit repetitive.

I dont mind using a mic tbh, but it gets a bit weird when i speak and usually get OMG YOU ARE A GIRL... urrrrgh it gets so boring really quick and what makes it worse i have a really young voice and so people assume im early 20's which makes it even weirder when i have a kid their age :S 

On the plus side i have met up with people i have grown to think of as friends over the years from many countries. Spent last new years in Croatia and was one of the best times ever. 

Just finished Statik on psvr. Very good little puzzle game and only a few quid on the PlayStation store at the moment if you have a very headset. 

Very simple concept - your hands are trapped in a mechanical puzzle box and every button / stick on your controller does something different on each box. You get no instructions so it's all trial and error to see what action is triggered by each control and then a case of combining them to solve the puzzle. Works very well as a VR game but only a few of hours long to solve everything.

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

DQXI beginning of Act 3 - 65 hours in.  

Need to clear this quickly otherwise the backlog will start getting too big again. 

RE2 has come in with a very impressive set of review scores today as well - averaging 91.  KH3 drops in a couple of months as well.

Kingdom hearts 3??

its out in 6 days

On 21/01/2019 at 20:38, The People's Hero said:

Very good game. You’re about as far in as I am. 

Everyone has different experiences with that game but I think it was roughly three bosses down when I got absolutely stumped by the blood starved beast. After that the game flowed quite well up until right at the end.

On 17/01/2019 at 11:24, Trav Le Bleu said:

Day of the Tentacle Remastered.

Memories.

Still fun, but I can't help but think that younger game players would see the appeal.

What a game this was! It's a shame they don't make this sort of genre any more. 

1 hour ago, deejdeej said:

What a game this was! It's a shame they don't make this sort of genre any more. 

Kind of.

It was quite frustrating in that pretty much every puzzle I got stuck on, I knew what I had to do, just not how the game wanted me to do it. This was always the frustrating thing about adventure games, where, for instance, you knew you had to cut something thing to progress, and you have a knife in your inventory, but no, the game wants you to use the scissors, which you haven't found yet and don't bother looking for, because you've already got a cutting implement, so obviously that's not the right answer.

I'd like to point out, all this happened dispute the fact that I had played and completed this game over 20 years ago.

10 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

Anyone playing Resident Evil 2? Loved the original but this remake looks like it’s even harder and may put off a casual likes loads of ammo gamer like myself!

Yeh it’s fantastic. Picked it up on the day it was released. Even though it’s a remake it feels like a brand new game. I’m on the edge of my seat every time I play it.

One thing I’d recommend doing if you do get it is that use headphones when playing it, makes the experience even better. I first played it without headphones, went out the next day and purchased a proper head set for it.

Fantastic game so far. Brings back some good memories this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, buzzer_b said:

Yeh it’s fantastic. Picked it up on the day it was released. Even though it’s a remake it feels like a brand new game. I’m on the edge of my seat every time I play it.

One thing I’d recommend doing if you do get it is that use headphones when playing it, makes the experience even better. I first played it without headphones, went out the next day and purchased a proper head set for it.

Fantastic game so far. Brings back some good memories this.

I could immediately tell from the demo that this was decent.  

I will pick it up eventually but have an ever increasing backlog to get through.

• Like 1