Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

2 hours ago, Vardinhio said:

I posted on here months and months ago saying I was just starting Witcher 3. I am now level 32 and getting towards the end of the main game. I have completed endless side quests, gwent games and fist fights. Absolutely love the game and refuse to play another until I complete it.

....I say complete it, do most people stop playing at the end of the main quest? I understand there are some additional blood and wine quests. I have no interest in just monster killing to gain XP.

I think blood and wine is an expansion which is pretty much similar in size to the main game. Its huge apparently. Not just killing more monsters but a huge amount of new content. I think. 

15 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

I think blood and wine is an expansion which is pretty much similar in size to the main game. Its huge apparently. Not just killing more monsters but a huge amount of new content. I think. 

The expansions are huge, and the content is brilliant. I actually thought the blood and wine and hearts of stone were better story arcs than the main game. Absolute must play game btw

On 03/11/2018 at 13:20, Legend_in_blue said:

I've just started this back up myself.  It is huge.  I last played it 3 years ago and broke off to finish something else.  Still in act 1, have only just reached Novigrad and am level 13. 

It will consume hours.  Many hours.

HZD is still better imo.  lol

On 03/11/2018 at 20:06, Vardinhio said:

I posted on here months and months ago saying I was just starting Witcher 3. I am now level 32 and getting towards the end of the main game. I have completed endless side quests, gwent games and fist fights. Absolutely love the game and refuse to play another until I complete it.

....I say complete it, do most people stop playing at the end of the main quest? I understand there are some additional blood and wine quests. I have no interest in just monster killing to gain XP.

I'm only in Velen - just met the bloody baron! Is it worth totally clearing each area before you move on? Seems slow going to get exp at the moment.

I got the game of the year edition with all the expansions. Can't get over the size of it. Will keep me going until this time next year!

Is there a way to re-do the Gwent tutorial? Played through the first 30 mins ages ago and have completely forgotten how to play it. Mind you, I'm not sure I need another distraction in the game - I remember getting a bit obsessed with the card game back in final fantasy VIII!

7 hours ago, egg_fried_rice said:

I'm only in Velen - just met the bloody baron! Is it worth totally clearing each area before you move on? Seems slow going to get exp at the moment.

I got the game of the year edition with all the expansions. Can't get over the size of it. Will keep me going until this time next year!

Is there a way to re-do the Gwent tutorial? Played through the first 30 mins ages ago and have completely forgotten how to play it. Mind you, I'm not sure I need another distraction in the game - I remember getting a bit obsessed with the card game back in final fantasy VIII!

Was a while when I played it but from what I remember I didn’t stick to one storyline. I ventured around and started multiple storylines. Eventually they all link together. Not sure about the gwent tutorial but you will be able to YouTube it 

8 hours ago, egg_fried_rice said:

I haven't bothered with Gwent.  Like you say, it's too much of a distraction.  Just completing the quests is a major task in itself.

People have said on here that by the end game the story is really good.  For me, HZD has a better story at this point and I felt more connected to Aloy than I do Geralt as I play the game.  This might change.  I enjoyed Witcher 2 on 360 and finished that.  The difference in XP here, compared to Horizon for example, is that you only gain XP for clearing quests, not enemies.  So you can go and investigate all of those question marks and kill a bunch of enemies, but you'll only gain XP from furthering the quests.  I've just gone up another level in Novigrad for running errand quests and killing nothing for example. 

The contracts have the added bonus of decent loot but many of these are way beyond my level.  Most start at lvl 25.  I'm now lvl 14.

A region on the map may seem easy in general compared to your level but it's easy to stumble across an enemy way above your level and then you're screwed.  Looking back I would clear Velen asap and then get to Novigrad when possible.  I don't see the benefit of clearing all the question marks in and around Velen at this point.  However, the Griffin armour set is worth persuing.  The swords are easy to collect initially, the armour itself is more difficult as the set is guarded by a level 14 enemy that is difficult to take down at your level.  Wait until you are lvl 12+ then go for it.  Plenty of guides around on youtube.

Edited by Legend_in_blue
  • Like 1

Blizzard may have made a few mistakes since Activision bought them out, upsetting their Diablo fan base recently is the latest gaff but they seem intent on trying to make the WoW fans happy, which is why they are bringing classic back but I'm kinda liking the storyline for this expansion, even if it does lack in some areas.

Hitman 2 is great fun - pretty much as you were from season 1 but now mirrors work (i.e. People looking in mirrors can see you sneaking up on them) and you can conceal yourself in crowds & in long grass. The maps are huge, I've spent since Friday exploring just the first one (Miami) and still haven't found every location, let alone the different challenges and costumes.

PvP (ghost mode) is good, although still in beta probably because it's broken if your opponent goes high chaos as a strategy.

Still playing Ni No Kuni 2

Last night I beat level 30 of the dreamer door. So I now only have 1 trophy left to get before I platinum it. Need to do 50 Skirmishes which I have done 31. So some work still to do. Played 120 hours with all characters level 99. Overall the game has been quite easy but still really enjoyable. Need to do the DLC and the level 40 dreamer door then I think ill trade it in.

Do love a good RPG

2 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Last night I beat level 30 of the dreamer door. So I now only have 1 trophy left to get before I platinum it. Need to do 50 Skirmishes which I have done 31. So some work still to do. Played 120 hours with all characters level 99. Overall the game has been quite easy but still really enjoyable. Need to do the DLC and the level 40 dreamer door then I think ill trade it in.

Do love a good RPG

The skirmishes are a nightmare because they only spawn a few at a time and the last ones you need just never seem to spawn. I'd pretty much given up on it - (that is a trophy I need). I think I'm stuck on 48 or 49.

Best of luck though.

12 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

The skirmishes are a nightmare because they only spawn a few at a time and the last ones you need just never seem to spawn. I'd pretty much given up on it - (that is a trophy I need). I think I'm stuck on 48 or 49.

Best of luck though.

I assume there will be certain things you have to accomplish to unlock skirmishes. I've completed all side quests and done all tainted monsters. So with all that done hopefully the skirmishes will appear for me. I will let you know how I get on. Off the top of my head I cant think if there is a list of skirmishes in the library on the pause menu. So I can imagine it being incredibly frustrating if you cant find the last couple of skirmishes.

3 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Best of luck though.

Going to annoy you now. In the last 2 hours I have just blitzed the remaining skirmishes I had. 19 to do and I now have the trophy and the platinum trophy.

I got to 48 skirmishes and there were no more on the map. Thing is I knew which 2 I had to do as I had failed on them previously. I read on the internet that if you save your game then reboot the game it can spawn the remaining skirmishes. I did this and lo and behold one of them appeared. I did that one which in turn spawned the last one I needed. I haven't touched any of them in hard mode so I knew once I did the last one then the platinum trophy was done.

Ive now just beat Zeta to give me her ultimate weapons. So I am now ready to tackle the dreamer door level 40 and destroy Blackhart. That will be the point I wipe my hands and trade this in.

Only my 2nd ever platinum trophy. A nice feeling

10 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Do love a good RPG

How about Dragon Quest 11 once you've finished this one?  I've looked at both, had VIII on PS2, will probs go for DQ11.

13 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

How about Dragon Quest 11 once you've finished this one?  I've looked at both, had VIII on PS2, will probs go for DQ11.

I also had 8 on PS2. Really good game. I've played a few DQ games on the DS so I was keeping an eye on this. Its supposedly coming to the Switch next year so I might get it on that due to the other games coming out that I want. Just Cause 4, RDR2, Smash Bros, Mario Party. Ughh too many games and not enough money lol 

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

I also had 8 on PS2. Really good game. I've played a few DQ games on the DS so I was keeping an eye on this. Its supposedly coming to the Switch next year so I might get it on that due to the other games coming out that I want. Just Cause 4, RDR2, Smash Bros, Mario Party. Ughh too many games and not enough money lol 

DQ11 is a good shout. 

I’m trying to finish Bulletstorm which was free with ps plus. 

On 15/11/2018 at 08:04, kingcarr21 said:

Do love a good RPG

What level were you for the level 30 dreamer door? I've got there once and was so annoyed at getting my pants pulled down with no way out after nearly 90 mins with no saves. I've done everything except that and the skirmishes now.

36 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

What level were you for the level 30 dreamer door? I've got there once and was so annoyed at getting my pants pulled down with no way out after nearly 90 mins with no saves. I've done everything except that and the skirmishes now.

I was level 99 when I hit the dreamer door level 30. I was about level 75 when I decided to grind my levels. I read online about repeating the fight against the Horned One over and over again to get levels up. So I started doing this. Its really easy as if you have good armour then you shouldn't need to heal at all. Just keep spamming square and hitting him. It would take 5 mins to skip cut scenes, beat the boss then skip all cut scenes again. Doing this 3 times got me a level up. So a level every 15 minutes. I did this until I was level 85 and got bored.

If you fight the 50 tainted monsters and beat them it unlocks a further 10 tainted monsters. One of the new monsters is located in the Old Well at Ding Dong Dell. This is by far the best place to grind.

This monster after a short time starts spamming smaller monsters to fight alongside it. Beating these smaller monsters gives you loads of experience. Once you beat them the boss spawns more so just keep beating them. Once you are low on healing items just run away (change the tactic tweaker to gain more exp and make it easier to run away). There is a save point right next to the boss so save and repeat. Honestly I went from level 85 - 99 in the space of about 30 minutes, that's no exaggeration. I had items equipped that increases EXP which helps massively. Honestly you will laugh how quick you grow in levels.

Once at 99 the dreamer door is a doddle. The boss on level 30 is really easy.

To access level 31-40 you need to set the game to either Hard or Expert mode (after beating Level 30 of course and beating Zeta in the DLC). So you must fight Blackhart on level 40 with at least the game on Hard difficulty. He was actually quite a challenge on Hard mode, not bothered with Expert mode.

Now i've got every trophy i'm trading the game in tomorrow, not bothering with the next DLC. I could do more like unlock every higgledy but with all trophies done I cant see the point. You cant equip all of the best ones anyway.

4 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

I was level 99 when I hit the dreamer door level 30. I was about level 75 when I decided to grind my levels. I read online about repeating the fight against the Horned One over and over again to get levels up. So I started doing this. Its really easy as if you have good armour then you shouldn't need to heal at all. Just keep spamming square and hitting him. It would take 5 mins to skip cut scenes, beat the boss then skip all cut scenes again. Doing this 3 times got me a level up. So a level every 15 minutes. I did this until I was level 85 and got bored.

If you fight the 50 tainted monsters and beat them it unlocks a further 10 tainted monsters. One of the new monsters is located in the Old Well at Ding Dong Dell. This is by far the best place to grind.

This monster after a short time starts spamming smaller monsters to fight alongside it. Beating these smaller monsters gives you loads of experience. Once you beat them the boss spawns more so just keep beating them. Once you are low on healing items just run away (change the tactic tweaker to gain more exp and make it easier to run away). There is a save point right next to the boss so save and repeat. Honestly I went from level 85 - 99 in the space of about 30 minutes, that's no exaggeration. I had items equipped that increases EXP which helps massively. Honestly you will laugh how quick you grow in levels.

Once at 99 the dreamer door is a doddle. The boss on level 30 is really easy.

To access level 31-40 you need to set the game to either Hard or Expert mode (after beating Level 30 of course and beating Zeta in the DLC). So you must fight Blackhart on level 40 with at least the game on Hard difficulty. He was actually quite a challenge on Hard mode, not bothered with Expert mode.

Now i've got every trophy i'm trading the game in tomorrow, not bothering with the next DLC. I could do more like unlock every higgledy but with all trophies done I cant see the point. You cant equip all of the best ones anyway.

I've never had the game lower than hard and often on expert (to increase the xp in Faraway Forest). Knowing that I can try this on easy (thought the hard expert thing applied to all the Faraway Forest levels) has given me hope. Currently level 87.