Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
eye666

Dean Hammond

Thought he did well today. He's been a bit maligned on here at times, but play like he did today (granted against a fairly poor Udders), I can see him doing a job in a midfield 3 next season even if it's off the bench.

Discuss...

Not good enough for the Premier League. Southampton ditched him the moment promotion was secured, and he had skippered them to 2 promotions in a year.

Deserves a chance. Just like everyone else. We need to think about it more in terms of 'the squad' and as a member of a 25 man squad I think he is a must-keep. He won't start many games but that's not the point. The biggest difference between us this year and last year is the added experience. I for one would not like to get rid of that experience. Same can be said of the other over 30's, Konch, GTF, Wasyl, Dyer... But without sounding hypocritical, I think Kevin Phillips has had his day.

I would hope he will be kept next season. He's not the most exciting player, but he does a very important when he comes off bench or starts. As other people have said, his added experience could also be the difference between survival and relegation.

Don't know what people expect of him tbf.

His job has pretty much been to come on and see the game out when we are winning. Can't really remember us conceding when he has come on.

Was excellent yesterday and very unlucky not to score.

He could be used next season but deffinately not to start. He could be used if we're winning and need to shut up shop. If he is still here next season I don't expect him to get too much game time. Pearson will more than likely replace him.

Don't know what people expect of him tbf.

His job has pretty much been to come on and see the game out when we are winning. Can't really remember us conceding when he has come on.

Was excellent yesterday and very unlucky not to score.

Unless any bright spark has some statistics to refute this, then Hammond has done his job. He was excellent yesterday.

Hammond has consistently been an under-rated player for City. He does what he does best (mops up from sitting deep) with no fuss. There's been pretty much a GTF love-in since he joined the club, whilst Hammond goes off the radar.

I rate him personally.

Nigel always makes a big thing about the whole set up being vital. We haven't a clue what goes on behind the scenes and at the training ground. This season shows everyone has bought into what has been one of our best seasons ever. There were plenty on here calling for Pearson's head this time last year and when he strengthened the squad by bring in a Southampton reject, someone over weight who failed a trail at Millwall, and a old Polish clogger released from Anderlecht many on here thought and posted their fears.  

Pretty sure their is plenty that goes on prior to 90 mins on a Sat, so for me if Nigel thinks he can still do a job for the club who am i to argue.

Has a role to play in a three man midfield and has done this extremely well v QPR and Huddersfield. Not sure he has the same impact in a two man midfield. I do like the way he organises the team and is very vocal when playing. I think Nige will keep hold of him, but will only play occasionally, mainly as a sub.

I think we will have to play three in midfield the majority of the time in the Premier League.

I think we will keep Hammond, as when the going gets tough in some games, he might come in handy defensively. I can see Pearson signing another central midfielder, but rotating Hammond & King in the match day squad. Can see Hammond getting the nod when we will need to set up more defensively, and I can see King getting the nod in most home games, especially against the lower sides, as they will be there to be attacked at, a more attacking approach with Andy King of course being more of an attacking option to come off the bench.  

I think we will have to play three in midfield the majority of the time in the Premier League.

I think we will keep Hammond, as when the going gets tough in some games, he might come in handy defensively. I can see Pearson signing another central midfielder, but rotating Hammond & King in the match day squad. Can see Hammond getting the nod when we will need to set up more defensively, and I can see King getting the nod in most home games, especially against the lower sides, as they will be there to be attacked at, a more attacking approach with Andy King of course being more of an attacking option to come off the bench.  

King, will not be strong enough for the Premiership. 

Archived