Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2014/15 Stuff it in here.

Getting fed up with the Burnley fans repeating the "we've spent less in our entire history than ••insert club name here•• have spent on ••insert player name here••" at every opportunity. Seems that now all the commentators have cottoned on to it as well and are using it for a de facto intro for everything to do with Burnley.

Not sure why it irritates me, but it does. Maybe it's because that haughty, pinguid, carrot-topped sweatballoon has now got his way and we are to believe that the team's success is all about him and his wonderfulness. 

They've spent money. Signed four players for money, all undisclosed obviously so Dyche can continue to play the pauper but we've spent 3 million more than them at most.

Turned the Burnley Man U game on yesterday and the first thing the commentator said was "Sean Dyche told us earlier that he's only spent 400 thousand since he arrived here".

I can just imagine him lurking around the entrance to the ground telling all the reporters etc how he's spent no money.

Getting fed up with the Burnley fans repeating the "we've spent less in our entire history than ••insert club name here•• have spent on ••insert player name here••" at every opportunity. Seems that now all the commentators have cottoned on to it as well and are using it for a de facto intro for everything to do with Burnley.

Not sure why it irritates me, but it does. Maybe it's because that haughty, pinguid, carrot-topped sweatballoon has now got his way and we are to believe that the team's success is all about him and his wonderfulness.

It's a bit unfair to have a go at Burnley / Dyche for stating their position - especially as he will have been fed a lot of leading questions. Is it Dyche pushing this agenda or have the media prompted this through their selective questioning? We all know the media like to paint characters of clubs, it makes for better stories / comment peices which pushes their product to the public.

I for one don't think Dyche would have bothered spending the night before the United game totting up the total of all of Burnley's historic transfer fees in order to come up with that Di Maria statistic, but when posed with this he's not going to rush to disprove it. And let's face it, if Burnley do avoid relegation this season Dyche and everyone of his players will deserve all the credit they will receive.

Where has all of Burnley's money gone? surely they've had millions and millions over the last 6 years with promotion and parachute payments? Seems to me the owners don't give a crap about top flight football and are happy to spend as little as possible knowing that even if they get relegation, it's good business? never looked into their actual accounting figures but have the owners been taking money out of the business?

He was settled in Newcastle and scoring well thus adding to the entertainment value of Premiership then he went to Chelsea and got placed on the bench a lot which affected his form.

because hes not that good

Where has all of Burnley's money gone? surely they've had millions and millions over the last 6 years with promotion and parachute payments? Seems to me the owners don't give a crap about top flight football and are happy to spend as little as possible knowing that even if they get relegation, it's good business? never looked into their actual accounting figures but have the owners been taking money out of the business?

Some would argue it's the proper way to run a Football club, we are a small town with low attendances who are competing with big city clubs, some who have owners who are happy to wipe off millions of pounds worth of debt.

Called picking out the positives, something sadly lacking on here, by many.

Also called clinging onto straws.

Besides, I don't think you can give a just assessment of this board after a few appearances here and there in the last four months.

Turned the Burnley Man U game on yesterday and the first thing the commentator said was "Sean Dyche told us earlier that he's only spent 400 thousand since he arrived here".

I can just imagine him lurking around the entrance to the ground telling all the reporters etc how he's spent no money.

What about the £1.5m he spent on juke box? He is full of poop I tell ya!!!!!

It's a bit unfair to have a go at Burnley / Dyche for stating their position - especially as he will have been fed a lot of leading questions. Is it Dyche pushing this agenda or have the media prompted this through their selective questioning? We all know the media like to paint characters of clubs, it makes for better stories / comment peices which pushes their product to the public.

I for one don't think Dyche would have bothered spending the night before the United game totting up the total of all of Burnley's historic transfer fees in order to come up with that Di Maria statistic, but when posed with this he's not going to rush to disprove it. And let's face it, if Burnley do avoid relegation this season Dyche and everyone of his players will deserve all the credit they will receive.

I know. Good points about media looking for (and loving) those stats too. 

Just can't stand the man; hearing him, seeing him...No idea why. One of those irrational dislikes that I can't overcome.

I also hate - and I mean hate - Adrian Chiles. If ever Chiles and Dyche will be involved in a Buddy Holly & Ritchie Valens-type of pre-season tour mishap over the Carpathian mountains then I will celebrate. 

I think I might have issues. 

Some would argue it's the proper way to run a Football club, we are a small town with low attendances who are competing with big city clubs, some who have owners who are happy to wipe off millions of pounds worth of debt.

I agree with that entirely being sensible with the business but surely if you maintain top flight football by the owners investing the millions back in, the people from surrounding towns will start attending and the club will become bigger. Case in point would be clubs like Wigan, Bolton, Blackburn. All similar sized towns to Burnley with bigger clubs around them but all have invested back into their clubs and had extended periods in the top flight with some success. I'm not having a dig, genuine discussion point.

I'm sure you wouldn't be happy doing it the "right way" i.e not spending money if you get relegated.

I'd imagine if we get relegated most on here would say we didn't spend enough to improve the squad.

he was signed as backup

So they ruined him, or more to the point he saw the pound signs and ruined himself. He had a perfectly good career at Newcastle and he was wasting away at Chelsea.

IMO he was their best striker last season anyway. Criminally under used.

I agree with that entirely being sensible with the business but surely if you maintain top flight football by the owners investing the millions back in, the people from surrounding towns will start attending and the club will become bigger. Case in point would be clubs like Wigan, Bolton, Blackburn. All similar sized towns to Burnley with bigger clubs around them but all have invested back into their clubs and had extended periods in the top flight with some success. I'm not having a dig, genuine discussion point.

I know you're not having a dig, this has been done to death around the town. Blackburn & Bolton are perfect examples of what can go wrong with over spending, between them they are hundreds of millions in debt. Wigan are an example of how it should be done and is a great model to follow, but they didn't throw all their money at it straight away.

IF, we do get relegated, we will be in a much better position to bounce back, the worst case is that the club will be in a much healthier state.

In the meantime, let's just enjoy the ride!

Archived