Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
isleofwightfox

My biggest worry for the coming season - bad signings

Why would I have any worry about who we sign? I have the upmost faith in NP and SW indentifying the right players for us.  History show's how astutue they are in the market. They'll have had targets in place for a long time.

Football players’ talent isn’t always portable from club to club.  (“The Numbers Game†again).

Torres is the most obvious example of this. World beater at Liverpool; mis-firing joke at Chelsea.

This is why it’s important that we keep our squad together as far as possible, and introduce new players into the team slowly.

Id hope not. Id rather have youth players on the fringes from about 21-25.

Why?

We didn't use any youth players this season, why would we then chose to blood them in the Premier?

I think we have the makings of a decent squad but we'd be mad to start the season with only 2 extra experienced players, remember we can't bring anyone in until January.

Some people lead such pessimistic lives.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Chill lads and have a few beers and enjoy the world cup and leave lcfc up to the experts

Anyone who's concerned should read this article for an insight into Pearson's transfer policy, and how he looks at players and their value: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2580433/Nigel-Pearson-reveals-Foxes-following-Cardiff-City-flop-Andreas-Cornelius-Leicester-City-boss-points-Jamie-Vardy-example-sign-right-players.html

Note in particular this quote: ‘You look at Cornelius who went to Cardiff, I think they paid £8m for him. We’d been following his progress for a long period of time but, in all due respect, we were thinking 500,000 euros (£420,000) might be the type of price that would be a good investment for him."

Why?

We didn't use any youth players this season, why would we then chose to blood them in the Premier?

I think we have the makings of a decent squad but we'd be mad to start the season with only 2 extra experienced players, remember we can't bring anyone in until January.

Why not? Barring a massive injury crisis we wouldnt need to actually play them.

Anyone who's concerned should read this article for an insight into Pearson's transfer policy, and how he looks at players and their value: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2580433/Nigel-Pearson-reveals-Foxes-following-Cardiff-City-flop-Andreas-Cornelius-Leicester-City-boss-points-Jamie-Vardy-example-sign-right-players.html

Note in particular this quote: ‘You look at Cornelius who went to Cardiff, I think they paid £8m for him. We’d been following his progress for a long period of time but, in all due respect, we were thinking 500,000 euros (£420,000) might be the type of price that would be a good investment for him."

Good article. Strange to see Pearson saying:

‘I don’t think there’s any mileage in shouting from the rooftops, “We’re spending this money or that money.â€

... the day after Vichai was, erm, shouting from the rooftops about how much Bhat he's got to spend.

hope that there is no tension there...

I think it is a greater risk NP won't spend enough and has too much faith in this squad.

THIS!!!!!

Thankfully Walsh has worked at a big club so knows the step up in talent he needs to find. It's all well and good unearthing Knockaert and Mahrez who have taken the Championship by storm, but are they PL class? We won't know until August.

Finding raw diamonds is an art and I've faith out management and coaching staff have a system in place to recruit well but we mustn't underestimate the difference between where we've been and where we are heading. We aren't a club who needs to operate frugally either, there's serious bunce available.

Why not? Barring a massive injury crisis we wouldnt need to actually play them.

It wouldn't be a massive injury crisis at all, it'd be 3-4 players and we'd be down to the bare bones with potentially months before we could strengthen again. I think we've been blessed with the lack of injuries we've had this season, that in part is down to our physio's, coaches and sport science but clubs with as good if not better of the above have suffered way more injuries than us so we've been fortunate. We've also always had the emergency loan system to use if needs be, we don't now have that.

We've not given a single current academy player any league experience last season so we'll be very unprepared in that sense next season should we need to. Therefore we must make sure we've enough numbers to cover every position, therefore we need at least 22 first team players.

I don't have any worries about who Pearson signs, just waiting with interest to see who they are. My only slight worry is if we get off to a rocky start and maybe some players start to feel they're not good enough for the Premier League, so an early win would do nicely, even if its against Burnley or Derby!*

I've just gone through the thread and, unless I've missed it, can't see the name of one Ricky Van Wolfswinkel.

Unless he's just had a terrible one-off season (it does happen), Norwich took a big gamble with him that has backfired badly.

Archived