Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Wages

With all this contract talk going on for ages, it'd be interesting to see what everyone on here would pay our players for next season and beyond. 

I don't think anyone on here would know anyone's specific wage as much as we and the media like to speculate.

So what wages would you hand out to our players if you were in charge?

Goalkeepers:

Kasper Schmeichel 

Conrad Logan 

Adam Smith 

Defenders:

Ritchie De Laet 

Wes Morgan 

Liam Moore 

Marcin Wasilewski 

Paul Konchesky

Jeff Schlupp

Zoumana Bakayogo

Midfielders:

Danny Drinkwater

Dean Hammond

Matty James

Andy King

Anthony Knockaert

Riyad Mahrez

Strikers:

Jamie Vardy

David Nugent

Gary Taylor-Fletcher

Chris Wood

Tom Hopper

First XI:

Kasper- 30k

De Laet- 15k

Morgan-25k

Moore-10/12k

Schlupp-10k

Mahrez-20k

Drinky-20k

James-15k

Knocky-15k

Nuge-20k

Vardy-15k

Others will all be below 15k i would expect. Players like GTF, hammond etc... Will only be on 7/8k.

In football terms, Kasper is definitely worth 40k a week, I don't understand why some fans think it's too much. They have to be realistic and realise that's the money you need to spend in the premier league.

Schmeichel on double the money of other players?

lol!!!

When he can collect a corner, or when he's not caught between coming & going on a curved freekick... he'll be worth top rate for a mid-table(ish) keeper. Until then he's a great shot-stopper & has a great winning attitude but worth double what other players are worth?

No effin way

considering that at the turn of the millennium, the likes of izzet, parker and walsh were earning 20k+, i think those numbers need tweaking. of course, thats what you think they are worth. once their contracts come up for negotiation (many will do this coming season unless we want them to run down), most of them will want 30k+. if they are doing wonders in the prem then i guess they may be asking for 40/50k. then its up to us if we want to keep them. if we have plans to stay in the prem, then the stakes are very different.

having read various threads over the past few weeks. i wonder if some posters realise the going rate. two seasons ago, the established premiership clubs (not the big ones) were paying wages 60/70 mill.  that averages around 40/50k and squads will include young players earning less than half that. therefore, the high earners in an established mid table prem outfit will be 60/80k per week. now that was before the new sky contact so you can expect agents to be sticking 25% increases into new contracts.  if we are able to insert relegation clauses into new contracts, we should be shelling out 50/70k on our top performers. there may be a cap in place but signing on fees etc will take care of the difference. if we want to play with the big boys then we have to relaise that once our players are established prem performers, we have to pay them accordingly.

on the plus side, if our players are on 4 year contracts worth 10 mill then, should bigger clubs come calling whilst there are a few years left, we can expecta fee that reflects the salary of the player.

In football terms, Kasper is definitely worth 40k a week, I don't understand why some fans think it's too much. They have to be realistic and realise that's the money you need to spend in the premier league.

40k per week for a great shot stopper, but someone who is still very vulnerable to crosses, if his dad had never played he would never be on anything like that 25k max imo

Money dont make my world go round I'm reaching out to a higher ground

To a warm a peaceful place, I, I, I, I can rest my weary face....Don't forget we...

Cos we're living, we're living in a crazy maze.

I dread to to think what the players trying to sort out contracts at the moment will think they deserve....but I bet it's a lot more than they actually should be on!

There's all this talk about a £30k a week ceiling for players and although that should be enough, sadly it won't be and it will be a hinderance attracting any established Premiership players to Leicester.

With the massive tv deals going around, I think most Premiership players would expect to be on £40k - £50k a week. I hope we don't have to pay wages of that magnitude, but remember the Peter Taylor era, players were getting that much then and look where that ended up!!!  :angry:

We have got wealthy owners now who have gone on record that they are prepared to spend money for City to progress in the Premiership (great), but if some of that money goes on wages lets hope the contracts inc wage cuts/relegation clauses etc in case the unthinkable happens and we ever leave the Premiership again.

I just hope Nigel and his team can bring in quality players, without rocking the boat because they are higher wage earners than some of the other players in the squad - that is going to be one of Pearson's hardest jobs this summer.  :fc:

With all this contract talk going on for ages, it'd be interesting to see what everyone on here would pay our players for next season and beyond.

I don't think anyone on here would know anyone's specific wage as much as we and the media like to speculate.

Goalkeepers:

Kasper Schmeichel - 35k

Conrad Logan - 10k

Adam Smith - 2k

Defenders:

Ritchie De Laet - 20k

Wes Morgan - 25k

Liam Moore - 30k

Marcin Wasilewski - 25k

Paul Konchesky - 10k

Jeff Schlupp - 20k

Zoumana Bakayogo - 5k

Midfielders:

Danny Drinkwater - 40k

Dean Hammond - 10k

Matty James - 25k

Andy King - 20k

Anthony Knockaert - 30k

Riyad Mahrez - 30k

Strikers:

Jamie Vardy - 15k

David Nugent - 15k

Gary Taylor-Fletcher - 10k

Chris Wood - 15k

Tom Hopper - 5k

Goalkeepers:

Kasper Schmeichel - 35k

Conrad Logan - 10k

Adam Smith - 2k

Defenders:

Ritchie De Laet - 20k

Wes Morgan - 25k

Liam Moore - 30k

Marcin Wasilewski - 25k

Paul Konchesky - 10k

Jeff Schlupp - 20k

Zoumana Bakayogo - 5k

Midfielders:

Danny Drinkwater - 40k

Dean Hammond - 10k

Matty James - 25k

Andy King - 20k

Anthony Knockaert - 30k

Riyad Mahrez - 30k

Strikers:

Jamie Vardy - 15k

David Nugent - 15k

Gary Taylor-Fletcher - 10k

Chris Wood - 15k

Tom Hopper - 5k

Logan £0.5 Million a year! No wonder he ain't leaving!

Hopper on £0.25 Million a year! No chance.

Archived