Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grandad.

England Cricket 2014.

Guest MattP

Anyone going to Trent Bridge?

6 of us going Saturday if it lasts that long!

Thursday and maybe Saturday.

Should last a while to be honest with these bowling attacks lol

You lads should win this test and the series, India aren't much outside of the sub continent

Should do but we aren't exactly in great form.

I'm there tomorrow. Weather looks good tomorrow :)

Guest MattP

5 Tests in 42 days! Grueling.

Roo, Sri Lanka weren't great in England until this last series, we are in such poor form.

Stokes in for Jordan?

Yeah that's the one change for me as well.

Expect this series to be tight but if India consistenly bowl us out we really have got big problems.

You lads should win this test and the series, India aren't much outside of the sub continent

We've lost 6 out of 7 Tests, we are in appalling form although our new players have all contributed.

Cook needs runs desperately, then the pressure will ease. Not confident at the moment, all the side issues are really not helping.

One thing I love about watching Test matches that are in the UK is your grounds. Always look great on TV with so much character. Our grounds may be bigger but it's the same 5 each year and they lack a bit of character with the exception of the G (mcc bias).

Guest MattP

One thing I love about watching Test matches that are in the UK is your grounds. Always look great on TV with so much character. Our grounds may be bigger but it's the same 5 each year and they lack a bit of character with the exception of the G (mcc bias).

I didn't think the 'G' had any character for cricket, thought it was a magnificent stadium but you can tell its a footy one really.

The SCG and WACA both have a lot of character, although if they knock the pavilion down at the SCG they can help get rid of that.

A nice flat pitch here at Trent Bridge, just what we needed with a all seam attack. :rolleyes:

I didn't think the 'G' had any character for cricket, thought it was a magnificent stadium but you can tell its a footy one really.

It's used to be better pre development, it's definitely more a cricket ground if you go in to the members and see how well all the old memorabilia has been kept, long room the old library, I never get bored seeing all the old photos, bats, books, hats, seats clocks you name it it's there. Very little football memorabilia it's majority cricket.

Guest MattP

It's used to be better pre development, it's definitely more a cricket ground if you go in to the members and see how well all the old memorabilia has been kept, long room the old library, I never get bored seeing all the old photos, bats, books, hats, seats clocks you name it it's there. Very little football memorabilia it's majority cricket.

Makes me even more annoyed I didn't have time to do the tour now, will certainly do it next time I'm over.

Guest MattP

Sorry but picking a spinner is just imperative, this is painful watching Moeen at the minute.

Guest MattP

Not really a solution I know, but I'd like to see Root bowl more.

I've seen nothing yet to suggest Moeen is a better spinner than Root.

This might get me crucified, but I'd have another look at Kerrigan. The Indians don't really have anyone who can take him apart Warner-style and we've got to start developing a replacement for Swann sharpish.

Unless there's other prospects roaming the counties?

Archived