Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grandad.

England Cricket 2014.

You can tell looking at moeen that he doesn't believe he's an international spin bowler.

I think he said that himself before the SL series anyway. He's been working with Ajmal at Worcs so he'll definitely improve but its only stating the obvious that England don't see him as anything other than a spinner who can hold up an end. He's not come in and is expected to pick up where Swann left off. Sadly because of Swann's success in recent years thats who he'll be wrongly compared to.

Yeah another 90 odd runs against us now because we can't clean a tail up. Poor.

Watch us get this wicket with an hours play left, then all the pressure goes over to an out of form Cook and the inexperienced Robson.

Cook is too important as a batsman for England in my opinion to be burdened with the captaincy . he must have gone out to open the innings with his head full of would haves and should haves after seeing a really strong position subside after the last wicket stand to a position where India are firm favourites at the very least not to lose.

Shame to see Cook struggling so much, run machine when on form. That's the sort of way you get out when you're in no form.

Are there are any captains out there who are openers? Probably a stupid question but can only think of Strauss in recent times.

Cook will get the summer, replacement would be prior. Only other option is bell.

The bloke needs runs. Central contracts prevent him from his best chance of doing this by playing for his county. I know various people say let him have time of from cricket altogether, but I really think a good run for Essex would him the world of good.

Shame to see Cook struggling so much, run machine when on form. That's the sort of way you get out when you're in no form.

Are there are any captains out there who are openers? Probably a stupid question but can only think of Strauss in recent times.

Cook will get the summer, replacement would be prior. Only other option is bell.

Smith was an opener for South Africa, that's the only one I can think of. Was Vaughan still England opener when he took over from Hussain?

Prior would be my pick for captain, definitely wouldn't give it to Bell, he is in the form of his England career, wouldn't add pressure to him. I personally would drop Moeen Ali, bring Eoin Morgan in and have him as a short term captain, until Cook is back in form and among the runs, if we are succeeding with Morgan as captain and Cook scoring runs then that will do for me.

Brearly wasn't the greatest player in the world was he? But apparently he made a bloody good captain.

Smith was an opener for South Africa, that's the only one I can think of. Was Vaughan still England opener when he took over from Hussain?

Prior would be my pick for captain, definitely wouldn't give it to Bell, he is in the form of his England career, wouldn't add pressure to him. I personally would drop Moeen Ali, bring Eoin Morgan in and have him as a short term captain, until Cook is back in form and among the runs, if we are succeeding with Morgan as captain and Cook scoring runs then that will do for me.

Brearly wasn't the greatest player in the world was he? But apparently he made a bloody good captain.

Even so soon after been dropping during the most recent ashes series?

Even so soon after been dropping during the most recent ashes series?

Well in that paragraph I kind of went on to contradict myself lol - as I said Morgan should come in, within the current squad I think Prior is the only captain though.

Well in that paragraph I kind of went on to contradict myself lol - as I said Morgan should come in, within the current squad I think Prior is the only captain though.

That's true lol

I wouldn't know who would skipper us as a long term replacement if Clarke got injured or retired. Watson lacks respect of the team from (from an outsiders view point), Haddin too old, which only leaves Smith who isn't ready.

Vaughan opened at the start of his captaincy, but Strauss came in about six months later to open with Trescothick and Vaughan dropped to three.

Guest MattP

Great to watch this at the minute, superb fight and making a mockery of the middle orders effort.

Lovely couple of days in Notts...a few thoughts.

1. The pitch isn't as bad as it looks on TV, a bit of carry if you really bend your back, Prior was about 7-8 yards in from his usual spot. Indians had it right attacking the stumps bowling a bit fuller.

2. Proper spinner needed, unfair on Mooen and Cook that you have to turn to someone who a village cricketer would fancy a pop at in an International match.

3. Trent Bridge gets better everytime you see it, really is a wonderful test venue, anyone who still hasn't been should do, probably has the most character of all our International grounds.

Root doesn't need to take control of the strike, Anderson is so comfortable.

Superb batting and poor captaincy. As Botham said, if Cook was overseeing this the knives would be out and sharpened.

Archived