Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Lars Veldwijk.

I know a former season ticket holder who goes to holland regularly to watch excelsior.

Get the badges made. lol

Went to watch them myself in october.

Dutch play good football. But it's not the most physical. They don't do tackles. But the ball rarely leaves the floor.

Watching the video, he looks quite good, but the defending is awful. That touch for the final goal though  lol May have gone in, but he's trapped it further than a lot of our strikers in the past decade could kick it.

Just me who thought it was deliberate? The keepers position was atrocious and he's taken advantage of it with a heavy touch.

Just me who thought it was deliberate? The keepers position was atrocious and he's taken advantage of it with a heavy touch.

I thought it was supposed to take him round the keeper for a tap-in, and his run suggested that.

looks far too slow for how we play

Strange. I was genuinely watching it thinking he looked fairly mobile for his size. We need more than just a plan a. I don't object to signing a target man as long as he's fairly athletic and we play the creative attacking midfielders in the Mahrez / Knockaert role.

No nothing about him but goal scoring record looks impressive, particularly this season. Could be the big target man type player leicester fans are wanting.

Are we?

Looks like we are after a target man type! Which we need.

Oh, maybe it is just me that likes the 2 fast hard working strikers we have now, that defend from the front score some cracking goals, and assist our passing pressing game, and not someone to lump the ball to in a panic.

The problem with Wood is not his style of play, but how we decide to play when he is on the pitch, we have a "mobile target man" and it doesn't suit our game.

looked ok 

but his shots looked very weak and most of his goals came from rebounds from poor keeping lol  keepers in the prem wont make that many errors also a lot of his goals were rebounds from his own shots which suggest his placement is not great 

if pearson wants a target man who can hold the ball up and score then go for crouchy :)

Are we?

Oh, maybe it is just me that likes the 2 fast hard working strikers we have now, that defend from the front score some cracking goals, and assist our passing pressing game, and not someone to lump the ball to in a panic.

The problem with Wood is not his style of play, but how we decide to play when he is on the pitch, we have a "mobile target man" and it doesn't suit our game.

Bayern and Dortmund contested the Champions league final last year with two fast, high pressing, counter attacking, quality sides... both with a target man.

You need a focal point for your three attacking midfielders to come forward and play off. Even Marco Reus, possibly the best player on the planet at the moment for turning the defensive phase in to attack at pace, needs Lewandowski to run at / off on the counter.

If we play a one striker system - and we will need to at times next year - we'd do well to play off a bigger target man who can bring others in to play.

That doesn't mean lumping the ball at Steve Howard.

Never heard of him, looks too much like Futacs, second division in Holland is something we shouldn't be looking at.

heard this all before. Ligue 2 is something we shouldn't be looking at-Mahrez, Knocky, Man U reserves is something we shouldn't be looking at -Drinkwater, James, RDL, Conference is not what we should be looking at -Vardy

Irrelevant of what league the players come from, if theyre good enough.

heard this all before. Ligue 2 is something we shouldn't be looking at-Mahrez, Knocky

Wrong!

Never said that at all, don't care where we look, but sucking up to unknowns when you haven't ever seen them play, is not cool.

Wickham would cost a ton and Weimann- all I'm going to put is lol

Wickham would probably cost 5m i thought weimann scoring record is better then it is . this is the guy we should be looking at Michy Batshuayi 7m I'm sure we can steal this signing off swansea. 

On the YouTube video he looks great. But have a look at the best of Yann Kermorgant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQlEHlnnteg

Now there's a class-act striker.

Just sayin'

While the point is reasonable enough, Kermorgant isn't really a good example - didn't work out for him here, but the performances at Charlton & Bournemouth after leaving show he is capable at this level.

Wickham would probably cost 5m i thought weimann had better scoring record this is the guy we should be looking at Michy Batshuayi 7m I'm sure we can steal this signing off swansea. 

Wickham would cost tonnes. Cost Sunderland about 10 million, so would probably cost the same for us to sign him now.

While the point is reasonable enough, Kermorgant isn't really a good example - didn't work out for him here, but the performances at Charlton & Bournemouth after leaving show he is capable at this level.

At what level.

We are premier league.

Archived