Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Lars Veldwijk.

Leicester City are showing interest in Dutch goalscoring sensation Lars Veldwijk.

The 6ft 5ins striker plays for Excelsior in Holland's second division but has grabbed the attention of scouts by scoring 30 goals in 38 games this season.

The 22-year-old was close to joining Roda in January but ultimately Excelsior rejected the bids.
Leicester are keen to bring in a target man after having a bid rejected for Brighton's Leonardo Ulloa, however, they will face competition for Veldwijk from Midlands neighbours Nottingham Forest.

Incoming manager Stuart Pearce has been spotted at recent Excelsior games and he is looking to recruit a striker for the new season.

article-2636240-1E1B3E5000000578-715_634
  • SHARE PICTURE
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

+11

On the hunt for a netter: Leicester City are showing interest in Dutch goalscoring sensation Lars Veldwijk

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2636240/Louis-van-Gaal-wants-sign-defenders-Manchester-United-Bruno-Martins-Indi-Daryl-Janmaat-watched.html#ixzz32Sbba2On 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

We can beat forest to him easy!

Considering we are looking at similar players to Wood I wonder what the future holds for him...

This guy sounds like he might be good in the air, able to hold the ball up and a goal-scorer. How is that similar to Wood ?!?!

Note the 'Chris Wood'er at 1:30.

Just watched this. It's strange, some of the defending is absolutely ludicrous, yet his technique is actually very good. 

I daren't say he's good though, I wouldn't be seen praising a player off the back of a Youtube video since I'm best mates with Kingfox  :thumbup:

Just watched this. It's strange, some of the defending is absolutely ludicrous, yet his technique is actually very good. 

I daren't say he's good though, I wouldn't be seen praising a player off the back of a Youtube video since I'm best mates with Kingfox  :thumbup:

Basically my exact thoughts. He looks half decent but some of that defending... you'd think it was park football. I know the Dutch like to attack but that's unreal.

Archived