Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

Ulloa chant

Jesus ****ing Christ. That's woeful.

I wouldn't mind but the words are absolutely terrible, it's only carried by what's a very good melody and apparently that's borrowed from the Argies in the WC?

It sounds good partly because you can't actually make out the words which is great because the second and third lines are diabolical.

Come on the Finners write something better ?

Don't see what's wrong with the second. The third I agree could be perceived to be a bit small-time but that's only by the pickiest. Can't say I agree with Finners here.

I must be classed as a picky one because I think the third line should be improved.

Firstly because we sound like Burnley if we think £8m is a fûckng fortune. And because up to now he has proved to be bargain of the summer.

But it is a good chant and i'm just being pedantic

i always thought the "fúcking fortune" was a sarcastic jibe at the press/other fans who all laughed their arses off. but it's not a fortune to us because he scores goals so it's alright. no? maybe? who really cares? 

i always thought the "fúcking fortune" was a sarcastic jibe at the press/other fans who all laughed their arses off. but it's not a fortune to us because he scores goals so it's alright. no? maybe? who really cares?

Pretty much all of this.

Exactly what I thought as well, sort of self mocking that we still think 8million is a huge price for a player as we have been out of the top flight for so long.

Love the song personally, better than most of the stuff we churn out, just a shame we couldn't sing it a bit slower but it's a real start.

Not as good as the original...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjGi8Xqu7MA

Really was tremendous this, completely took over Brazil for the whole summer. 'Maradona en mas grande que Pele' lol

If you skip to 2.15 on that video as well you see the most blatently obvious public filming of two young birds I think I've ever seen by a couple of blokes, they don't take the cameras off them for ages as well. lol

Pretty much all of this.

That seems plausible.

I'll just shut up. I feel very idiot.

The next video of us singing the Ulloa version needs to be a flashmob in the Fosse Park foodcourt though, if we're going to give those Argies a run for their money.

Anyone come up with suitable words for the second bit, that goes "don't come out tonight, it's bound to take your life, there's a bad moon on the rise" in the original? I can't get much better than "we're the foxes on the rise" for the last line, but there must be something.

Still two major flaws with it.

The shite clapping and half singing "so that's alright with me" and the other half singing "so that's alright for me".

Could also do with a second paragraph.

Basically it needs a lot of work doing to it.

The shite clapping and half singing "so that's alright with me" and the other half singing "so that's alright for me".

Could do with slowing down a lot.

I don't know why a majority of our fans seem to sing songs at a 100mph. Slow it down, sing the right words and we'll be able to sing it louder.

I am not massively keen on the last line, at least not when it is sung too quickly. "He scores goals" is a bit of a mouthful because the -s on the end of "scores" immediately followed by the hard -g in "goals" makes it sound like a repetition of the "sk" sound at the start of "scores". It just sounds and a bit clumsy and is audibly slurred when people are singing it. Happy to have a new chant though; wasn't convinced when I saw it written down but it does sound quite decent with lots of people joining in.

Don't know of any chant that's been changed after it's become popular. Too difficult to do.

Agreed except they are going to sing what they want regardless of what anyone puts up on Foxtalk arn't they ?

Archived