Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IOWFOX

Well atleast we can trust our government to stand up for whats rigt!

So the general public lose out twice. Although the politicians just say the represent the general public.

We could go bac and forth al day with this. I think some people should be allowed a little hypocrisy if what they are doing is for the right reasons.

So the general public lose out twice. Although the politicians just say the represent the general public.

We could go bac and forth al day with this. I think some people should be allowed a little hypocrisy if what they are doing is for the right reasons.

Then don't vote for them. (that's the public in total).

Guest MattP

Then don't vote for them. (that's the public in total).

He will.

The politicians (i.e Labour and Tory) know whatever they do to the public they will still come back and vote for them in droves.

Ken might care about the Palestinians, but he cares more about his free beer vouchers, so they know they have his X in the box next year.

I couldn't care less about either of them, its non of our business.

This attitude always strikes me as rather strange.

People are being slaughtered and it doesn't bother you at all? And why? Because they're foreigners so they aren't relevant to you and your life, therefore we needn't care about them.

I find it a bit inhuman personally. 

This attitude always strikes me as rather strange.

People are being slaughtered and it doesn't bother you at all? And why? Because they're foreigners so they aren't relevant to you and your life, therefore we needn't care about them.

I find it a bit inhuman personally. 

And what are you doing for people in need that you don't know?

Thinking about Man's history I'd say that it's very "human"

The politicians (i.e Labour and Tory) know whatever they do to the public they will still come back and vote for them in droves.

Droves? The voter turnout has plummeted, less than half the eligible population bothered to vote in the latest elections.

Guest MattP

Droves? The voter turnout has plummeted, less than half the eligible population bothered to vote in the latest elections.

Not really plummeted, it's still at well over 60% for the GE and they know that of those who vote the vast majority vote for them. (a abstaining voter as as good as a voter to the main parties, they know that)

Put it this way, they still know that whatever they are the only two parties who have a chance of an overall majority.

Remind me which ones the terrorists are again?

Neither are terrorists, it is both state supported attacks.

If, in keeping with their previous strikes, Israel targeted the school as it was holding weapons and if, as they have on all previous strikes, they sent advance warnings of their target to allow for civilian evacuation, and if Hamas decided not to pass this warning on, as they have been accused of not doing, then I would say that these deaths should be on Hamas' conscience. 

If Israel have just decided to kill some innocent kids then it is a despicable cowardly act.

Dead kids are very powerful images in the propaganda war, maybe if Israel let a few of the indiscriminately fired Hamas rockets hit their civilian areas and kill their kids, they may get a little more sympathy. 

Israel do have a lot to answer for, and are far from blameless in this conflict, but it is not as black and white as some are making out.

Not really plummeted, it's still at well over 60% for the GE and they know that of those who vote the vast majority vote for them. (a abstaining voter as as good as a voter to the main parties, they know that)

Put it this way, they still know that whatever they are the only two parties who have a chance of an overall majority.

Who would you like them to vote for?

...to be entirely apathetic about large loss of life? I don't agree.

You don't have to agree but again, history shows us that Man IS apathetic to large loss of life of people they don't feel close to - like foreigners.

And again I ask what are you doing for people in need - other than saying we shouldn't be apathetic?

This is not an attack on you I really want to know.

Guest MattP

...to be entirely apathetic about large loss of life? I don't agree.

What makes me laugh is how we all focus on certain causes. People are out for Gaza holding vigils, protests, tweets, facebook pictures, we are all disgusted.

Anything for the 5,000 killed by Boko Harem or ISIS in the last 3-4 months? Nadda.

I dont know if anyone has noticed but every single man, woman and child in the last 4 weeks (upto 50,000 according to the UN) have been expelled or executed out of Northern Iraw by (ISIS) an organisation that contains hundreds of not thousands of British Muslims. Where are the headlines or campaigns for this?

What makes me laugh is how we all focus on certain causes. People are out for Gaza holding vigils, protests, tweets, facebook pictures, we are all disgusted.

Anything for the 5,000 killed by Boko Harem or ISIS in the last 3-4 months? Nadda.

I dont know if anyone has noticed but every single man, woman and child in the last 4 weeks (upto 50,000 according to the UN) have been expelled or executed out of Northern Iraw by (ISIS) an organisation that contains hundreds of not thousands of British Muslims. Where are the headlines or campaigns for this?

I make this same point over and over again when we have these "terrible disaster" threads.

more people die in Africa and Asia daily from things that we could stop if we cared to. But we don't, we're human.

It is weird how for a while it was headline news, and now it isn't even though fighting is still going on and possibly escalating. It's like we can only handle one international conflict at a time. Before that it was all about Ukraine, then that went quiet until they shot down a plane, to be honest I didn't even know it was still classed as a war zone until that happened. Prior to that it was Syria, I assume that has all settled down as I haven't heard anything about that for ages.

Maybe media outlets only have enough "column inches" for one international conflict at a time, but who is it that gets to decide?

Guest MattP

Who would you like them to vote for?

Whoever they see fit, it's a massive list, vote for the one closest to your beliefs.

The problem it;s too easy to sit there saying "nah dey are all da same mate" than actually seeking out and looking for what party or candidate actually comes closest to your views.

Whoever they see fit, it's a massive list, vote for the one closest to your beliefs.

The problem it;s too easy to sit there saying "nah dey are all da same mate" than actually seeking out and looking for what party or candidate actually comes closest to your views.

I think the main two parties still represent the closest to most people's views.

Guest MattP

It is weird how for a while it was headline news, and now it isn't even though fighting is still going on and possibly escalating. It's like we can only handle one international conflict at a time. Before that it was all about Ukraine, then that went quiet until they shot down a plane, to be honest I didn't even know it was still classed as a war zone until that happened. Prior to that it was Syria, I assume that has all settled down as I haven't heard anything about that for ages.

Maybe media outlets only have enough "column inches" for one international conflict at a time, but who is it that gets to decide?

There's a still a section on Syria everyday in The Times 'World News' which keeps you brilliantly informed.

The Kurds have pretty much been pushed out now but the rebels which was previously being controlled by the Al-Nusra now are led by ISIS and have taken quite a lot territory. Loads of different rebel groups have now spilntered off and they control whats pretty much between ISIS and Assad. It's a total mess.

If we had any bollocks we'd be helping Mr Assad, but as we made false claims about him gassing people and nearly went to war with him we would look a bit stupid now doing that.

The West deserves everything will get over the next 200-300 years from Islamists as they have been it's biggest ally, I just pray to god the people responsible for it will be known through history and not wiped from it.

I think the main two parties still represent the closest to most people's views.

Possible.

Or maybe people on care for a short time and then their attention turns to something else. Like dinner.

There's a still a section on Syria everyday in The Times 'World News' which keeps you brilliantly informed.

The Kurds have pretty much been pushed out now but the rebels which was previously being controlled by the Al-Nusra now are led by ISIS and have taken quite a lot territory. Loads of different rebel groups have now spilntered off and they control whats pretty much between ISIS and Assad. It's a total mess.

If we had any bollocks we'd be helping Mr Assad, but as we made false claims about him gassing people and nearly went to war with him we would look a bit stupid now doing that.

The West deserves everything will get over the next 200-300 years from Islamists as they have been it's biggest ally, I just pray to god the people responsible for it will be known through history and not wiped from it.

Which God would that be? 

You don't have to agree but again, history shows us that Man IS apathetic to large loss of life of people they don't feel close to - like foreigners.

And again I ask what are you doing for people in need - other than saying we shouldn't be apathetic?

This is not an attack on you I really want to know.

I don't because it doesn't affect me enough. I'm not asking that people shed tears over these events because I think it's difficult to attach yourself to them that much. I just don't like it when people go to the extreme of actively saying it doesn't matter.

I don't like the displays of sympathy on twitter and the like either. Much of it is people doing what they think is expected of them so it isn't entirely sincere.

Archived