Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Euro 2016 Qualifying

I think Wayne Rooney should play at the base of the diamond. He can play the killer 30 yard passes that are needed, reads the game well and uses possession wisely. He clearly wants ball to feet at all times and doesn't pose much of a threat in behind which you want from your strikers. Wilshere did ok in that position but he was nothing special and I don't think it naturally suits his game, I'd play him on the left side of the diamond where he can get forward more. Against the rest of the teams in our group we should be good enough to beat them and Roy should look to experiment with it. 

1102427_England.jpg

For me

I can see the thinking behind that although I think you need more than a good pass to be effective in that role.

I wouldn't be against us trying it though against the likes of Estonia.

wow  just drunkenly read this   thread and it appear some peoepkl think we wernt desreving of beating this bunch of shit is this a joke jeeeeeeeeeez we copulve beatennn switzerland witnh an ebgland c team thay were fuc king horrificly shite!!!

I think Wayne Rooney should play at the base of the diamond. He can play the killer 30 yard passes that are needed, reads the game well and uses possession wisely. He clearly wants ball to feet at all times and doesn't pose much of a threat in behind which you want from your strikers. Wilshere did ok in that position but he was nothing special and I don't think it naturally suits his game, I'd play him on the left side of the diamond where he can get forward more. Against the rest of the teams in our group we should be good enough to beat them and Roy should look to experiment with it.

1102427_England.jpg

For me

I have Rooney down as the worst passer in our side.

There's still no place for him in our national side.

How long do we give Sterling til he gets his spark coached out of him the same way Rooney did?

Carrick? 

Haha I'm still unsure, I was saying it for a good month before the World Cup, really disappointed me that Gerrard didn't have more of an influence in team meetings and in speaking to Hodgson and Neville about tactics and formations. Common sense should of told everyone that was the system that we should of used. 

a.) It's could've, please learn it.

b.) Don't kid yourself that playing a diamond would've seen us perform any better at the World Cup. Not really common sense it should've been used, and how do you know how much Gerrard talked to the coaches about tactics and formations? 

a.) It's could've, please learn it.

b.) Don't kid yourself that playing a diamond would've seen us perform any better at the World Cup. Not really common sense it should've been used, and how do you know how much Gerrard talked to the coaches about tactics and formations? 

A. Sorry. 

B. The diamond would have benefited us a lot more, simple, if you don't believe that then fair enough. Playing with two holding midfielders clearly wasn't the right system with the players that were used. Well he clearly didn't, the formation and tactics didn't work in any of the three games, hence why we lost two and drew 0-0 in the other. 

wow  just drunkenly read this   thread and it appear some peoepkl think we wernt desreving of beating this bunch of shit is this a joke jeeeeeeeeeez we copulve beatennn switzerland witnh an ebgland c team thay were fuc king horrificly shite!!!

That got be trolling surely? Hahaha

In all seriousness though, I thought playing Wilshere in a holding role was a mistake, a big part of his game at Arsenal is his dynamic and quick passing- see his goal against Norwich for an example. I thought Delph gave a Wilshere-like performance to be honest and that is an example of what Wilshere could have be last night.  I think for tough away fixtures like last night or against bigger teams, we could play Wilshere/Henderson/Delph (if he improves further and get hang of his discipline!) but at home or away against lesser side, we could play Walcott and Ox and tinker with the diamond formation a bit to accompany them because let face it, wingers are one of our strongest positions compared to other areas so we will be stupid not to play to our strengths. 

We should play Carrick (is not he retired though?- same goes for Barry) or Huddlestone in the holding role. 

Blimey.

Improved performance but our fans are unbelievable. Never seen so many reactionaries. We're as bad at overreacting to a win as we are to a loss.

We've still only won 5 major tournament knockout matches in 30 years so to say we have been a whisker away from winning major tournaments when we haven't got to a semi since 96 is ridiculous.

Being close to winning a tournament is what Argentina were this summer, losing the final in ET, not losing in the last eight.

Welbeck now the best thing since sliced bread, will be shit again in 2016 when we're knocked out in the last 8 and he didn't score in the tournament.

lol are people seriously saying England should have won by more? Both sides were crap, England only really got anything when Switzerland ****ed up, but Switzerland were woeful up front - fairly sure that Rodriguez could trap the ball further than he could kick it. Both sides were shit and bar a bit of luck for England that would have been the dullest of dull nil-nillers.

I didn't know you could talk sense, too.

Enjoy wallowing in the result. Three points for two clever counterattacks initiated by some terrible defending.

EDIT: Weren't you off to sleep? lol Lofty's still lurking... Just can't get enough of putting it into people's faces... lol

I have acknowledged England's potential rise from the ashes.

Still waiting for the day you give credit to England's opposition - no matter where they come from.

P.S.: THANKS FOR GIVING US FOOTBALL SOME BLOODY 120 YEARS AGO - WE'LL ALWAYS BE THANKFUL FOR THAT!

And bloody Skiing.!!!

we were comfortable in all areas without even breaking sweat against what we are told is a pretty good swiss side (it's not but we'll leave that). i don't think anyone expected such a comfortable win but it was pleasing to see. sterling/welbeck/rooney combined well a few times, including for our first goal. henderson and delph, after his mandatory booking, were very good. other than stones looking shaky occasionally, obviously not a right back, the defence was solid too even if it was against a pretty poor attack. 

shaqiri was pathetically bad, which was a shame because i was looking forward to seeing how good he was supposed to be. horrible little cheat, too. 

Shame it's ended up in a bit of a row. England were simply the better side IMO. Good win today.. And that must have given us back some belief that a. We still can compete b. the other nations aren't that fantastic either.

Glad there are still people around with sober thoughts.Hodgson had to bring in the youth, he introduced a slightly different system, he gave the young players freedom.Delph improved as the game went on.We used our pace for the first time in years.

Of course we werent fluent, this group of players played together for the first time.All judgement should be held back.

Wilshere, looked far from his best, but he hasnt started an International yet, with expectations.

If English supporters understand we are not as good as their false opinions place us.

We just beat a team ranked many places above us, away from home .Where many fans believed we would obviously lose.

Ifs, buts, maybes, should of, could of, are part of sporting life.

We are what we are, like history shows us, its not coincidence, or bad luck we havent succeeded.

Dont start out crucifying players and coaches who are just starting out together for the 1st time. On this forum we give NP and our new group of players the benifit of doubt, lets give our new Internationals and coaches the same courtesy.

I have Rooney down as the worst passer in our side.

There's still no place for him in our national side.

How long do we give Sterling til he gets his spark coached out of him the same way Rooney did?

Sadly he's the first name on the teamsheet now with his captaincy as well as his mythical top class talent.

Huddlestone's a good shout.

Blimey.

Improved performance but our fans are unbelievable. Never seen so many reactionaries. We're as bad at overreacting to a win as we are to a loss.

We've still only won 5 major tournament knockout matches in 30 years so to say we have been a whisker away from winning major tournaments when we haven't got to a semi since 96 is ridiculous.

Being close to winning a tournament is what Argentina were this summer, losing the final in ET, not losing in the last eight.

Welbeck now the best thing since sliced bread, will be shit again in 2016 when we're knocked out in the last 8 and he didn't score in the tournament.

Agree with this. Thought last night was an improvement (not having it that we were 'crap' as we actually attacked with purpose) but it's funny how much shite is being spouted.

In Sterling though I do believe we've got a superb player on our hands.

I guess five years is all you can remember right?

Liverpool are a massive club with great history but they're not up there with Real and Bayern are they? There is a big gulf in class between Liverpool and Europe's elite clubs. Sterling will most likely leave Liverpool if One of these top clubs come calling.

Yeah I agree.

I think Liverpool are a big club but it's hard to claim you are among the elite when you haven't won your own domestic league in the last three decades.

That's obviously bollocks.

Anyone got any idea how I can watch Wales on an android phone?

It'd be my last ever pirated game, virgin media installed Thursday!

I know it is. I love the sky sports apps weird formations and team selections. My favourite was this France team from a while back.

Archived