Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Euro 2016 Qualifying

2-0 Good performance tonight, at times lack of experience showed in one or two of the newcomers but plenty of positives from them. Of course I felt our weakest point of the evening was our defending. However a good performance against a decent opponent away from home who some said we'd be lucky to get a point from, though I did say decent opponents not strong. Be positive and proud   :thumbup:

People laughed when I said Ramsey was going to be a better player than Wilshire. I got dog's abuse when I pointed out Ramsey was Wenger's chosen one of the two.

I don't do a lot of told you so's but, seriously, **** Wilshire.

He's bollocks. Called it.

Ramsey may be better than Wilshire but is that a glowing reference?

Ramsey has been piss poor this season.Hammond had him on toast!

Inler is a very classy player.

All 3 CBs looked solid most of the game, fullbacks are alright, Henderson and Milner are good at what they do, unconvinced by Delph - got energy and pace but not the best first touch and lacks a touch of composure.

Sterling's first touch was poor second half, Welbeck looked quick, powerful and can finish, Rooney was Rooney. Some positives to take and a good result. 

Because I never overrate England, I reckon England are doing well considering, many had Switzerland as favourites.

This is a complete new team, with a new midfield, Wilsheres first full competive international.Delph needs to be on the ball

2 bad tackles.Henderson should be demanding the ball more.Welbeck champagne or selters, seen both sides of him.

This team can grow, first we have to take our chances.

Switzerland dont forget are higher rated as England and we are playing away.

Accept first our true postion in world football, lets say we are the luxembourg of the top nations, then its easier to control our frustration.

If the Swiss are Stoke, we are Newcastle United.

Delusions of grandeur as one ok result sends everyone into a tizzy about how it's finally your year? Sounds about right.

Anyway, that was pretty poor - England were less shit than Switzerland rather than it being a good performance,

Good away performance, not fantastic by any means and Switzerland were woeful.

We were there for the taking from the start and they were do negative.

Cahill excellent, midfield decent but still need convincing long term, always been a fan of welbeck personally and think he gets over the stop stick.

It's a good win and hopefully will improve confidence.

just to confirm are we allowed to debate the fact switzerland are a top seed at a world cup yet or not? because they are doggo

They were there because they earned it topped their group and did the business in their friendlies. Nothing to debate, and did better than us, and the top seed in our group, you can crow about how easy their group was, but ours was topped by Costa Rica.

Although they were very disappointing tonight, thankfully, never looked comfortable when we broke.

They were there because they earned it topped their group and did the business in their friendlies. Nothing to debate, and did better than us, and the top seed in our group, you can crow about how easy their group was, but ours was topped by Costa Rica.

Although they were very disappointing tonight, thankfully, never looked comfortable when we broke.

yep but they're absolutely shite really aren't they. yeah.

Archived