Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dorsetboy

Hull city wtf

Hatem Ben Arfa might as well be named Hatem Ben Marshall.

A lot of pundits are signing high praises for Hull's transfer dealings, but I think most of the other clubs in this league did well, and most of those clubs did so with less risk of their new signings underperforming.

I still think they have a decent squad, though. And considering the players Roy Hodgson picked for the England squad, I'm surprised there wasn't any room on that list for Tom Huddlestone.

Steve Bruce has and is doing a good job at Hull.He could make them into a team not unlike an Ipswich

in the 60s/70s.

I would also suggest, we cool it a little , especially when being negative about, some of the clubs we will

be in the mix with. We have 2pts and thats it, forget how good we have performed against top teams so far.

our club our players, our management team, no matter how confident we may feel, still have to prove themselves at this level.So far our nearest cometitors ( not including QPR or Burnley), already have.

That also means saying we have better players than...or our players are worth more than...

At present they are not worth anymore than we paid for them.

First When they have strung together points with performances, then we can start to compare.

The Hull City owner Assem Allam will address growing speculation that he is set to put the club up for sale at a press conference on Thursday. No details are being provided in advance, and it is unclear if Allam, 75, will say he intends to sell the club, which he bought in 2010, or merely to step down from day-to-day involvement in its affairs.

The local newspaper, the Hull Daily Mail, reported that Allam is planning a significant move relating to City’s ownership and running which could be to allow his son, Ehab, the club’s vice-chairman, to take over.

However, Allam said in January he would “walk away within 24 hours” if the Football Association did not permit his plan to change the club’s name to Hull Tigers, which he argued is more “powerful” and would dramatically help global marketing. Allam then clarified to the Guardian that he did not mean he would abandon the club, but that he would put it up for sale.

The most recent financial accounts showed that by 31 July last year Allam had loaned £72m to fund the club’s rise from near administration to Premier League promotion in 2013 and FA Cup finalists last season. This summer City spent around £25m on new players for manager Steve Bruce, recouping £15m by selling Shane Long and George Boyd.

Allam prides himself on sticking to a course of action once he has decided on it. In March, the FA did refuse to sanction the Tigers name change, deciding that Allam had not adequately made the case. Allam then said he would stand by his pledge to try to sell the club: “People who know me know that I do not go back on what I say,” he emphasised.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/09/assem-allam-hull-city-owner-sale-rumours?CMP=twt_gu

Confirmed the club is up for sale now, seems pretty ridiculous that they've spent all that money if they've been planning to sell since April?!?

I guess if you are a bob club with bob players and a bob chance of staying in the prem, you are a less attactive proposition.

Better to be a bob club with saleable assets and an increased chance of retaining prem status ( and prem tv money). If you are looking for a buyer...

I thought Hernandez looked absolutely class but I've only really seen highlight videos and two or three Palermo games.

The Palermo fan on here (who could be their Col / kingfox I suppose) reckoned they're mugging Hull off and that he hasn't achieved his potential at all.

Wenger has looked a couple of times and the top clubs have never made a move. Even when they went down to Serie b and he could have gone for pittance.

Nah he's right, it's not as if he hasn't shown glimpses he's just incredibly inconsistent. 

Archived