Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

But he was our top scorer last season.

I was slaughtered by people for saying he flattered to deceive last season. Which he did. Penalties hid a lot of very poor performances. 

He was fine last season, 20 goals 11 direct assists won the league.

People using this season as a stick to batter him for last season is ridiculous, he did his job.

He was fine last season, 20 goals 11 direct assists won the league.

People using this season as a stick to batter him for last season is ridiculous, he did his job.

8 goals in open play last season....

If Drinkwater took pens last season he would've been dubbed the 'next frank lampard' given he would've almost had 20 goals himself.

8 goals from 40 games is poor for a striker...Wood scored more in his first season from jan til the end.

8 goals in open play last season....

If Drinkwater took pens last season he would've been dubbed the 'next frank lampard' given he would've almost had 20 goals himself.

8 goals from 40 games is poor for a striker...Wood scored more in his first season from jan til the end.

He scored 20. 11 Direct Assists, that's a direct hand in 31 goals. He was fine last season. He's been fine in the Championship every season he's played in it, and he'd probably fine if he went back there.

This level, as we all knew, was going to be a struggle, but he's not the only one struggling.

He scored 20. 11 Direct Assists, that's a direct hand in 31 goals. He was fine last season. He's been fine in the Championship every season he's played in it, and he'd probably fine if he went back there.

This level, as we all knew, was going to be a struggle, but he's not the only one struggling.

Assists isn't necessarily a great statistics, and can be misleading as the goals. How many of those assists were creative key passes/crosses? I could be wrong, but I don't remember many of these assists being great. Simply being the last person to touch the ball before the goal scorer isn't an amazing achievement.

The team carried him last season, but people refused to accept it because his statistics looked good and the team was getting results. This season it has come back to bite us in the ass, yet somehow people are surprised as they couldn't see how poorly he performed last season. 8 goals from open play is terrible for a striker (even if he wasn't the out-and-out striker). That's only one more than Drinkwater managed!.

8 goals in open play is poor for a striker....

Wood got more from january onwards in his first season.

Can someone help me out as well as the stats I've got only show 9 pens.

If your trying to tell me the others were free kicks and they shouldn't count then you really are taking the piss.

I thought he scored 9 out of 13 penalties, may be wrong I just have it in my head that he missed 4.

But stats are misleading, well his are lol I thought he was dreadful in alot of games last season, especially the second half of the season. Luckily everyone else seemed to be on their game. Should have been let go but that poor decision making has cost us now.

Can someone help me out as well as the stats I've got only show 9 pens.

If your trying to tell me the others were free kicks and they shouldn't count then you really are taking the piss.

Going on this season, which is what matters right now, then Nugent shouldn't get another sniff at the first team any time soon.

It seems to take him 10 minutes to do anything witth the ball after it gets to his feet. He doesnt challenge for anything in the air. He is poor all round IMO. never been cut out for prem and never will be. He is getting far to much match time.

I thought he scored 9 out of 13 penalties, may be wrong I just have it in my head that he missed 4.

But stats are misleading, well his are lol I thought he was dreadful in alot of games last season, especially the second half of the season. Luckily everyone else seemed to be on their game. Should have been let go but that poor decision making has cost us now.

He was very good in his fair share and scored some crucial goals.

I wont disagree though the chances of him finally proving good enough to perform week in week out in the top division were slim. Again he is far from alone in that boat though we were always going to have to go into this season with sub par players in the squad.

Going on this season, which is what matters right now, then Nugent shouldn't get another sniff at the first team any time soon.

It seems to take him 10 minutes to do anything witth the ball after it gets to his feet. He doesnt challenge for anything in the air. He is poor all round IMO. never been cut out for prem and never will be. He is getting far to much match time.

Well that's not what were talking about is it.

Now the penalties have dried up he's not contributing anything at all, a lot of people said it last season that penalties masked poor performances.

He's not even getting into goalscoring positions lat alone actually scoring a goal.

Now the penalties have dried up he's not contributing anything at all, a lot of people said it last season that penalties masked poor performances.

He's not even getting into goalscoring positions lat alone actually scoring a goal.

Agree. He spends a lot of time just looking like a lost lamb. No contribution of any worth at all this season.

Well it's not really though is it. He's an awful player who'll sadly be living off a flukey volley for the rest of the season.

Awful or not he's been better than a lot of players this season (speaks volumes about how shit the others have been) and he's got two goals and an assist to his name.

Agree. He spends a lot of time just looking like a lost lamb. No contribution of any worth at all this season.

I don't think the position he's playing helps though. You can say the same about Ulloa since he took that role in the past 6/7 games, why would you play a target man off Vardy? We have no one to play that role, I can't believe we didn't sign someone to play that position considering how important it is to the formation we play.

if your score 12 penalties and get 11 direct assits with it Grewkes I am sorry it really isnt. That simple. You were wrong live with it.

What do you mean i was wrong?

I said he would prove to be poor this season...correct.

His goalscoring record in open play was poor last season...correct.

Even his penalty record last season was poor....

All I heard on sky was nugents in with a great chance but he's trying to pick his place fer gets back in time, Nugent all over that.

The total battering of a player that is player that isn't in the starting XI is our fans all over, if you ask me.

Question we should be asking is why aren't Vary or Ulloa not scoring and why are we conceding so many goals.

Flogging Nugent it just a complete waste of time. He struggles at this level and always has, but we currently don't have much better in our squad.

That aside he deserves a little respect, he's scored more goals for this club than most strikers we've had in my lifetime, including Heskey Dickov and Roberts. He's only one off Fryatt who had the benefit of a season in League One. People saying they "hate him" is just a sad sorry state of affairs.

What do you mean i was wrong?

I said he would prove to be poor this season...correct.

His goalscoring record in open play was poor last season...correct.

Even his penalty record last season was poor....

Not good enough you said, clearly was. 

The whole forum knew he'd struggle this year brain box.

As I've said talk me through this 8 goals from open play because he only scored 9 pens, 8+9 = 17. please tell me you trying to critisize a striker for scoring 20+ yard free kicks lol lol

The total battering of a player that is player that isn't in the starting XI is our fans all over, if you ask me.

Question we should be asking is why aren't Vary or Ulloa not scoring and why are we conceding so many goals.

Flogging Nugent it just a complete waste of time. He struggles at this level and always has, but we currently don't have much better in our squad.

That aside he deserves a little respect, he's scored more goals for this club than most strikers we've had in my lifetime, including Heskey Dickov and Roberts. He's only one off Fryatt who had the benefit of a season in League One. People saying they "hate him" is just a sad sorry state of affairs.

We're fighting a losing battle :(

The problem of this season, which currently is shocking, does not lie at the door (or the feet) of David Nugent. It goes much deeper than that. To blame ANY one individual is potty. And just too easy. Just call it what it is..scapegoating. If you want to blame anyone, blame the bloke who kept Nugent, and plays him..Mr. Pearson.

I don't hate him he's just not good enough that's it. And he always needs to much time on the ball even in the championship he's been a great player for us but it's time to move him on.

Archived