Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

But he was our top scorer last season.

There is a large difference between being shit, and looking totally out of their depth.

Ulloa and vardy are the only reason we have any points on the board this season.

Ulloa has not been poor at all, not in any game, he lacks service, and often the only player in the side looking to have any quality going forward.

The recent results have been disappointing, but I have yet to see us play against a side with a better defence than ourselves, as we have been extremely solid. We lost 2-0 at Southampton for instance, but we were great defensively.

So far the only outfield players apart from the defence, who look like they belong at this level are Ulloa, Mahrez, king (after his performances against Chelsea and everton) and james (after his performance against sunderland).

Nugent got 8 goals in open play last season...that is not good enough. Players like King have got criticism in the past, which is laughable when he has scored more goals in open play in multiple seasons.

I would rather put a kid with potential on the bench than a guy who isn't even championship standard anymore.

That's totally incorrect as Nugent, as much as you wont admit it, has played well in several of the games we have taken points from including a key bit of play and through ball for the Stoke winner (a fact you have continually ignored and brush over in this thread) and scoring a key pressure penalty against Man U that started to turn the game, on top of this his performances against Everton and Arsenal were both solid so that is a totally stupid comment and just further highlights your bias.

Ulloa has looked poor, plenty of times, excuse on lack of service if you want, odd that he was getting service and scoring when Nugent was in the team at the start of the season? Bias again.

Another ludicrous statement, I could name several teams we've played with better defenses ours but given you'll debate most of them I'll just give you one you can't and be done with it. Chelsea. Our defending out times has been good but we have been caught napping at times and been punished in certain games. De Laet has struggled at the back frequently, as has both Moore and Konchesky to a lesser extent at times. 

You are very keen to ignore the 11 DIRECT ASSISTS (Setting up golden boy Vardy for nearly half his goals) supplied by Nugent last season on top of 8 goals, that alone is a direct hand in 19 goals ignoring his pens (even though I see no reason to do so as most good Championship strikers are also their sides penalty takers and thus have their goal tally inflated by this) in a Championship winning side, how on earth is that "not good enough"  or "being carried" ridiculous. In this division, I think we all had our reservations, but kids are not the answer as the Shrewsbury Town game showed. 

I would rather you dropped this pointless and boring, boring campaign of yours but we can't all have what we want can we. He's not even in the team and you have to bang on and on about how he is not good enough for the Championship just because he stuck two fingers up at you last season and made you look clueless. You can whinge and complain about his shooting in the warm up all you want, there was egg all over your face last year and nothing will change that.

Why don't you go and hassle some Shrewsbury Town fans again.  

I asked my English teacher why questioning Matty James' attacking role in Saturday's line-up was analogous to making a cricket bat out of a table.

She didn't know.

So I asked her why contrasting the styles of David Silva and Gareth Barry is analogous to saying that Andy King was a defender.

She told me to stop bothering her.

Can you help?

Farkin ell nothing goes over your head does it?  Your reflexes are too quick, you'd catch it.

That's totally incorrect as Nugent, as much as you wont admit it, has played well in several of the games we have taken points from including a key bit of play and through ball for the Stoke winner (a fact you have continually ignored and brush over in this thread) and scoring a key pressure penalty against Man U that started to turn the game, on top of this his performances against Everton and Arsenal were both solid so that is a totally stupid comment and just further highlights your bias.

Ulloa has looked poor, plenty of times, excuse on lack of service if you want, odd that he was getting service and scoring when Nugent was in the team at the start of the season? Bias again.

Another ludicrous statement, I could name several teams we've played with better defenses ours but given you'll debate most of them I'll just give you one you can't and be done with it. Chelsea. Our defending out times has been good but we have been caught napping at times and been punished in certain games. De Laet has struggled at the back frequently, as has both Moore and Konchesky to a lesser extent at times. 

You are very keen to ignore the 11 DIRECT ASSISTS (Setting up golden boy Vardy for nearly half his goals) supplied by Nugent last season on top of 8 goals, that alone is a direct hand in 19 goals ignoring his pens (even though I see no reason to do so as most good Championship strikers are also their sides penalty takers and thus have their goal tally inflated by this) in a Championship winning side, how on earth is that "not good enough"  or "being carried" ridiculous. In this division, I think we all had our reservations, but kids are not the answer as the Shrewsbury Town game showed. 

I would rather you dropped this pointless and boring, boring campaign of yours but we can't all have what we want can we. He's not even in the team and you have to bang on and on about how he is not good enough for the Championship just because he stuck two fingers up at you last season and made you look clueless. You can whinge and complain about his shooting in the warm up all you want, there was egg all over your face last year and nothing will change that.

Best post in this thread.

Excellent post,    agree on all aspects, 

nice to see someone defend nugents contribution to the foxes, which is mostly overlooked or forgotten

by many, as for grewks he brings the word idiot to another level.

I'll probably get banned from posting, once again, for saying that NUGENT IS NOT A PREMIERSHIP PLAYER. Needs binning off back into the Championship in the January window - end of.

I'm quite sure stating the obvious has never been a banable offence.

Aww. Don't you just love a scape goat? 

I don't really care if he's good enough or not. Let's face it. He's all we've got. The same can be said about Ulloa, Vardy and Wood. Surely we should be looking to build a players confidence instead of jumping at every opportunity to criticise them.

It wasn't his fault we lost but he is complete utter tosh.

A midfielder coming on and not having an impact can almost get away with it, they can hide in the middle.

A striker coming on and having a poor game is noticed because they're supposed to be game changers.

Effort, technique and intelligence absent, again.

I hate the man.

Archived